Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone, I am having a really difficult time deciding between Bristol and Cardiff for the Psychology BSc. I think i prefer the programme at Cardiff, especially as far as research is concerned, but Bristol has an overall better reputation, both as a city and as a uni. Can someone please help me out? Which uni is better in your opinion?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily.97)
    Have you made a decision? I firmed Birmingham
    Firmed Birmingham yesterday What's your insurance choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahelizabeth18)
    Firmed Birmingham yesterday What's your insurance choice?
    Southampton

ReputationRep:
    Anyone firmed at York St John University?

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else still struggling to decide?! I'm torn between Nottingham and Manchester!

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm late to join this thread but I'm I really can't decide between uni of liverpool and bangor uni! Has anyone firmed either of them

ReputationRep:
    Firmed University of Sheffield and Insurance is Nottingham Trent Uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kathykathykathy)
    Is anyone else still struggling to decide?! I'm torn between Nottingham and Manchester!
    I had the same dilemma, but I eventually went with Manchester!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bloodoranges)
    I had the same dilemma, but I eventually went with Manchester!
    Ah, I ended up going for Nottingham! I put Manchester down as my insurance on the off chance that I freak out and want to try to get the unis to let me swap them around.

I'm sure you will absolutely love living in Manchester.

If I weren't from Manchester and in the mood for a change, I probably would have been set on firming UoM.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone firmed York?
    If I get in, I'd be really interested in doing their Masters in Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience after the BSc!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone firmed Liverpool?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren713)
    Has anyone firmed Liverpool?
    Yh i have, have you applied for accommodation

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aneesah_May)
    Yh i have, have you applied for accommodation

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not yet, have you? I haven't been sent any info about applying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Livvv_)
    Firmed University of Sheffield and Insurance is Nottingham Trent Uni
    I've picked exactly the same!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone put university of leeds as firm?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren713)
    Not yet, have you? I haven't been sent any info about applying
    Yh i have, you may not have heared anything if you didn't state this on ucas but if you have your log in details you can apply via the uni website

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zzzzlmaio)
    I've picked exactly the same!
    what a coincidence! whats your name and where are you from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilywebb)
    Has anyone firmed York?
    If I get in, I'd be really interested in doing their Masters in Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience after the BSc!

Hello, I've unconditionally firmed (gap year, not prodigy)! Go us

And it looks really interesting - as does the new DDCP masters. Good motivators!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by may92)
    Hello everyone, I am having a really difficult time deciding between Bristol and Cardiff for the Psychology BSc. I think i prefer the programme at Cardiff, especially as far as research is concerned, but Bristol has an overall better reputation, both as a city and as a uni. Can someone please help me out? Which uni is better in your opinion?
    Have you been to either? I love Bristol as a city, so I can definitely recommend it to you. I have stayed in the uni accommodation with friends who are Bristol students, and have concluded that you'd have to be a particular kind of cretin not to enjoy living there. And obviously, the uni has an excellent reputation.

I'm not such a fan of Cardiff, but if you really like the course, go and see it for yourself. They're pretty close to eachother, so you could easily do them consecutively.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else firmed Exeter?!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.