JamjamjamT
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by physicsmaths)
What do u mean by available

Posted from TSR Mobile
My College and many other Welsh colleges and schools do not assign time for students to do STEP so they have to do it on their own time. The Maths Lecturer at Bath said the same thing as well and said it is a bit of a problem because it means they have to give out the higher offer but also offer a lower offer if the student did STEP/AEA.
steph2507
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
hiii have they asked you to come to a 'group tutorial' open day yet?
username1299659
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just firmed ucl

Posted from TSR Mobile
florecita28
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Caro29)
Hey guys so I applied for history with a year abroad and got an offer a week or so ago but it was just for history. Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks
Yes this happened to me!! I applied for history with a european language, and got an offer for history. I phoned up and admissions said that they'd filled up the places on the course I applied for but still wanted to give me a place for history... what do you think you're going to do?? I'm still so so happy about it, but kind of wanted to go abroad! :confused:
physicsmaths
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by JamjamjamT)
My College and many other Welsh colleges and schools do not assign time for students to do STEP so they have to do it on their own time. The Maths Lecturer at Bath said the same thing as well and said it is a bit of a problem because it means they have to give out the higher offer but also offer a lower offer if the student did STEP/AEA.
Loads of English schools have that aswell though. Only top schools provide extra stuff with step.
The prep is literally papers which everyone has access too. Not saying that others don't have an advantage though. Take step 1, it will you mathematically and step 2 if u want to be really challenged. Not saying step 1 is easy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
JamjamjamT
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Loads of English schools have that aswell though. Only top schools provide extra stuff with step.
The prep is literally papers which everyone has access too. Not saying that others don't have an advantage though. Take step 1, it will you mathematically and step 2 if u want to be really challenged. Not saying step 1 is easy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That may well be the case but I specifically chose Unis that do not require STEP as part of their offers. That ruled out Durham, Warwick and Imperial among others.
I simply do not have the free time to dedicate any to going though the STEP past papers. I have college, a part time job (2 evenings a week & Sunday mornings), college rugby, club rugby and I am a carer for my dad.
If I had the time, I would love to give it a go but i just dont.
physicsmaths
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That may well be the case but I specifically chose Unis that do not require STEP as part of their offers. That ruled out Durham, Warwick and Imperial among others.
I simply do not have the free time to dedicate any to going though the STEP past papers. I have college, a part time job (2 evenings a week & Sunday mornings), college rugby, club rugby and I am a carer for my dad.
If I had the time, I would love to give it a go but i just dont.
Ah understandable in ur corcumstances then !

Posted from TSR Mobile
JamjamjamT
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ah understandable in ur corcumstances then !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks.
A kid in my college class spent virtually all of his summer holidays going through STEP past papers but I just could not give it the time it would require.

Are you firming UCL?
physicsmaths
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thanks.
A kid in my college class spent virtually all of his summer holidays going through STEP past papers but I just could not give it the time it would require.

Are you firming UCL?
Na, Firming Cambridge then insurance is Imperial or warwick.

Posted from TSR Mobile
physicsmaths
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thanks.

Are you firming UCL?
It does require alot of time for a good few months to do really well in it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
JamjamjamT
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Na, Firming Cambridge then insurance is Imperial or warwick.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nice
pinkgorilla
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Anyone here with medicine offers ? If so, come join the UCL Medicine Offer Holders 2015 thread ! XD

Posted from TSR Mobile
nahtmir
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi all! If you have firmed UCL for Psychology you are invited to join the freshers group on Facebook Search for "UCL BSc Psychology 2015-2018". I upload useful information and I would be happy to meet everyone Here is the link https://www.facebook.com/groups/1412488145720753/
SiminaM
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Who else is firming UCL for psychology?
Keith.
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Is anyone else going to the offer holder open day on Wednesday for modern languages?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Schwartz101
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by annamariiax)
I'm a bit late to post, hi everyone!

I got my UCL Law offer in November - thinking of firming but still unsure, totally stuck between UCL and LSE. Most of the time UCL just about shades it for me but I'm still in two minds.

Anyone else struggling?
Congrats on both! I got an offer from LSE still waiting on UCL but most likely going to firm LSE either way simply because its has greater job prospects and is highly regarded internationally (UCL also but LSE seems more so). It has the best connections in the city to work and alot of students go on to Oxbridge and Ivy leagues for study. Also, it is the most central university which is great to move around.
then of course its my opinion, good luck choosing!
Meertje131
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just got an offer to study BSc Psychology!!!!
Florenceycl
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Meertje131)
Congrats!! Do you mind telling what is your offer, your AS grades and your predicted grades? Thanks in advance
tsandhu2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Meertje131)
Omg wow congratulations. So happy for you. 😊 will you be forming it.
wnee-hee
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Is there a Facebook group that offer holders are joining? Either a general one or life sciences related one?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
    Sat, 29 Jun '19
    Sat, 7 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (264)
38.82%
No - but I will (46)
6.76%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.5%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (319)
46.91%

Watched Threads