Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by newblood)
    Yes but its very rare. yes im making an assumption, but it is a likely one given his grades clearly werent the problem and christs admissions tutor told me that i would only get a conditional offer if my interview went badly and they still wanted to give an offer.

But in general the policy is a gapyear mathematician without step will have to sit in gapyear, one with 1,1 will almost certainly not have to. I have this on official authority, whixh is why i should still like to know what college. And its pretty likely due to bad interview (or bad alevels i suppose) thst he was asked for S
    If someone on a gap year hadnt done step i bet they would be asked for SS or something like that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    If someone on a gap year hadnt done step i bet they would be asked for SS or something like that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    nope. All depends on how strong the other parts of your application are. CD315 applied on gapyear without doing STEP and he got a 1,1 offer.

ReputationRep:
    OGBU

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elcor)
    OGBU
    The divine <3

ReputationRep:
    I received my finance letter and form yesterday from Magdalene, but I'm confused. It says that my parents must provide proof of:

a) a letter from your parents confirming that they are willing and able to meet all your expenses during your time at Magdalene.

b) Statement(s) of accounts on the funds available annually (and the types of funds if not held in cash).

c) Letter(s) from financial organisations, officially certifying the funds are currently held and that the account has operated normally in the past.

My parents can't afford to fund my three years at uni though and I'm going to be using Student Finance. I'm really confused :s.

Did anyone else get this and understand it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ILovePancakes)
    I received my finance letter and form yesterday from Magdalene, but I'm confused. It says that my parents must provide proof of:

a) a letter from your parents confirming that they are willing and able to meet all your expenses during your time at Magdalene.

b) Statement(s) of accounts on the funds available annually (and the types of funds if not held in cash).

c) Letter(s) from financial organisations, officially certifying the funds are currently held and that the account has operated normally in the past.

My parents can't afford to fund my three years at uni though and I'm going to be using Student Finance. I'm really confused :s.

O.o that sounds really weird. Are you sure you put the right student finance on UCAS?

ReputationRep:

This sounds like you might have been classified as Overseas... check your offer letter carefully as mine said my fee classification. Definitely call up and clarify.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TVIO)
    O.o that sounds really weird. Are you sure you put the right student finance on UCAS?
    (Original post by alwaysalex)
    This sounds like you might have been classified as Overseas... check your offer letter carefully as mine said my fee classification. Definitely call up and clarify.
    Just checked and I definitely did put Student Finance England on my application. This is really weird, will have to call up later to clarify!

ReputationRep:
    Just checked and I definitely did put Student Finance England on my application. This is really weird, will have to call up later to clarify!
    It can all be a bit complicated, if anything is unclear they could classify you as overseas until you clarify. On my offer letter I was originally put as overseas, but I contacted them and provided some more information and they corrected it.

ReputationRep:

Yeah I got that and it's not a mistake (I am NOT overseas). It's tough. But you can include the money you get from student finance in it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have an offer to read classics at robinson, A*AA, but terrified of not meeting my offer! Probably going to put UCL as my insurance but my heart is definitely set on Cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RebekahHornsby)
    I have an offer to read classics at robinson, A*AA, but terrified of not meeting my offer! Probably going to put UCL as my insurance but my heart is definitely set on Cambridge.
    High five for UCL insurance! Although I'm going for a completely different course

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RebekahHornsby)
    I'm Robinson too! :-) but for Law

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by umutalberts)
    Yeah I got that and it's not a mistake (I am NOT overseas). It's tough. But you can include the money you get from student finance in it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How would you show that you have money from Student Finance and do they expect proof for the whole three years?

ReputationRep:
    Name:  1424196810462.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  77.3 KB
    Can someone please help with 14.33?
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Name:  1424196810462.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  77.3 KB
    Can someone please help with 14.33?
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Won't the string with length BP oscillate at its natural frequency and the others at a frequency proportional to their length?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aersh8)
    Won't the string with length BP oscillate at its natural frequency and the others at a frequency proportional to their length?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks! What about part b?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! What about part b?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You can add cardboard disks to increase air resistance and heavier damping will decrease the amplitude

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aersh8)
    You can add cardboard disks to increase air resistance and heavier damping will decrease the amplitude

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Cheers!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anybody else feeling really down and maybe depressed now that all the application excitement and stress is over?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.