Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    1 good season doesn't mean Ramsey has proven himself lol. The fact that he's been poor throughout this season highlights he's proven nothing. He's gone back to the aimless inconsistent Ramsey of 2012, he gets away with it because of the fanboy delusion of some supporters.

I have faith in Wilshere. He's only 23 and is player a genuine quality. He's football earlier in the season was excellent. I'm confident a fully fit Wilshere can displace Ramsey from the starting 11 with ease
    Ramsey was good in 09/10, 12-13. Just because he started scoring didn't mean it was his one good season.

Look at our win % record with Wilshere. Look at it without.

The last time we won a game and he played the full 90 minutes was a year ago.

Shoutout to Paddy McNair who saved our season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YesAllMen)
    What you sayin' fam?
    Looks like we bottled it this time. Gave too much respect to a poor side and we were punished for it. Will still be very surprised if you lot finish above us though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelfox)
    Ramsey was good in 09/10, 12-13. Just because he started scoring didn't mean it was his one good season.

Look at our win % record with Wilshere. Look at it without.

The last time we won a game and he played the full 90 minutes was a year ago.

Shoutout to Paddy McNair who saved our season.
    He was OK in 09/10 but he was nothing special really, not sure why you're citing a season that was five years ago as an indication of current quality

Can you honestly not see anything possibly wrong with looking the stat you've suggested? It's borderline idiocy comparing Arsenal's win % when Jack is or isn't in the team as a means of determining Jack's quality an individual player.

ReputationRep:
    Ramsey was really quite poor for much of 2012/13 tbh. This season I'm going to say is better than that but obviously way off 2013/14 level, I think he will get back to that in time when he gets his decision making back on point and goes back to basics. If he is a Frank Lampard type then he needs to remember that doing the basics excellently and getting into scoring positions is enough to be a top midfielder. His little needless flicks and stupid shooting are mutually exclusive with that.

Cant believe people are slating Jack Wilshere when he has been our best midfielder for the first 3 months of the season, and absolutely killed it for England. Really hope he proves everyone wrong.

And if we drew Bayern/Barca in the QF for instance, I'd have JW in like a shot because those are the games he wont let you down in.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say "people" are slating jack wilshere. Just angelfox. Who is the one who also thinks selling Giroud is a matter of urgency for us :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e aí rapaz)
    I wouldn't say "people" are slating jack wilshere. Just angelfox. Who is the one who also thinks selling Giroud is a matter of urgency for us :rolleyes:
    Angelfox also doesn't rate Mata so his opinion is invalid.

ReputationRep:
    also agree with both these points wrt ramsey and giroud tbh

ReputationRep:
    Giroud is actually one of the top 6 strikers in the PL, imo he's overtaken the likes of Benteke/Lukaku

ReputationRep:
    Angelfox is one funny guy, does not rate Giroud AT ALL. (Which shouldn't be so and is a little unfair!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Giroud is actually one of the top 6 strikers in the PL, imo he's overtaken the likes of Benteke/Lukaku
    I still remember when alexsong was pretty insistent that Giroud was complete dross and Benteke was the solution to all of Arsenal's problems.

(Original post by alexsong)
    How did I say that ? And what is your point ? Are you saying benteke is not better than giroud because he is in every single way from what i can tell he is stronger, more powerful, more mobile, better technical ability, better finisher, better player and he is younger. There is no real bandwagon element to admiring a player who has been bullying premier league defenders for months now and keeps begging us to sign him but to be fair most of the people who gave me **** when I said we should sign him a few months back have gone quiet
    rofl at the last part...He always fought the good fight tbf. He was a good poster

ReputationRep:
    Ramsey was really quite poor for much of 2012/13 tbh.
    Cant believe people are slating Jack Wilshere when he has been our best midfielder for the first 3 months of the season, and absolutely killed it for England. Really hope he proves everyone wrong.

And if we drew Bayern/Barca in the QF for instance, I'd have JW in like a shot because those are the games he wont let you down in.
    Ramsey was really good in 12/13, he just happened to not be scoring. Was crucial to the end of season run in.

Wilshere was not the best midfielder for us in the first 3 months. That was Arteta (when fit of course) or Cazorla.

Was it any coincidence that when Wilshere has played Bayern twice, we lost both games, yet put in respectful performances when he missed the second games?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Shed End)
    Angelfox also doesn't rate Mata so his opinion is invalid.
    Don't bring someone so irrelevent into the Arsenal thread. Seems like only yesterday people thought he was on Ozil's level

For future reference I am a fan boy of: Ramsey, Ozil and Koscielny.

ReputationRep:
    I always assumed angelfox was a girl tbh. Or a 90s tv vampire at best.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't be surprised if Angelfox and Angelphys were the same person.

ReputationRep:
    Name the five strikers better than him? Costa, Aguero, Rooney, Sturridge, who else? Remy I'd say is on Giroud's level but he's a benchwarmer.

I'd also say Lukaku and Benteke have declined if anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Name the five strikers better than him? Costa, Aguero, Rooney, Sturridge, who else? Remy I'd say is on Giroud's level but he's a benchwarmer.

I'd also say Lukaku and Benteke have declined if anything.
    Bony, Defoe, Hurrikane

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 53SecondsToGo)
    Bony, Defoe, Hurrikane
    Defoe hell no. Bony and Kane yes.

Giroud is top 10. Along there with Dzeko personally.

ReputationRep:

Kane has had half a season though.. Needs to maintain his current form for a lot longer if we're thinking of putting him top 5 or 10 etc

ReputationRep:

Jermaine man has transferred my teams fluent passing into guaranteed silverware, trust me he's still got it.

ReputationRep:
    Townsend had a sick season and is anonymous now. Kane?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.