Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rede121)
    The presentation you do is just 3 minute presentation on any topic in the syllabus and you have to pitch it as though you are teaching students not interviewers. DON'T go over the time limit, as one girl did (hers went on for 10 minutes) and obviously they want to see whether you can follow simple instructions. Just be yourself, if it is at southampton, they ware very friendly.

The interview was standard - nothing to weird (not sure if I am allowed to post the actual questions).
    Maths test was just a standard GCSE paper (again not allowed to say what) algebra, volume
    Thank you!!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if there's a way to access a previous application? I applied last year and would really like access to my personal statement. I managed to somehow do it but closed the tab by accident and now can't access it again!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kizzz!)
    Does anyone know if there's a way to access a previous application? I applied last year and would really like access to my personal statement. I managed to somehow do it but closed the tab by accident and now can't access it again!!
    Try Ctrl T until it comes up, if it was an internet tab

ReputationRep:
    Just had an invite for an interview, so both my choices want to see me. Pleased but petrified at the same time! So that's one on 23rd Nov, the other 1st Dec. Just need to brush up on interview questions and literacy/numeracy for the tests now 🙈

ReputationRep:
    Guys do the unis expect us to email back accepting or declining the interview? As there isn't a mention of doing this in the email from the uni?

ReputationRep:
    you accept or decline offers on the track website if memory serves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimbles)
    Guys do the unis expect us to email back accepting or declining the interview? As there isn't a mention of doing this in the email from the uni?
    My Southampton interview letter said to email back - it doesn't hurt to confirm, just begin by thanking them for the interview opportunity and then state that the email is a confirmation of your attendance on the date. Universities feel that if a person cannot attend, they could offer it to another candidate.

ReputationRep:
    For one of my interviews the email mentioned that I had to contact them to confirm my attendance at the interview. So I assume if they didn't mention it you don't have to.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    cool! primary or secondary? You will do fine I'm sure!
    Thanks! Secondary MFL. I think I found the object I'm going to use (have to use it as a hook for learning or something). I hope it fits since I don't have any other idea...

And congratulations for your offer! Well done 😄

ReputationRep:
    I'm quite worried about my maths test next week.

The literacy one is okay - I've been getting well above the pass mark (though I need to revise spelling and work on my comprehension to make it a sure thing).

But for the numeracy, I haven't gotten more than 2 marks above a pass yet. That's not a lot of wiggle room. I have about 5 days to work on it... Hopefully I can get there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magicmaiden)
    Just had an invite for an interview, so both my choices want to see me. Pleased but petrified at the same time! So that's one on 23rd Nov, the other 1st Dec. Just need to brush up on interview questions and literacy/numeracy for the tests now 🙈
    Congrats! Best of luck for them both!

ReputationRep:
    I've now got interviews at all three places I applied!

However I found out today that my interview at my first choice is on Tuesday. Not long to prepare for a 30 minute teach, 5 minute presentation, 15 minute literacy test on an unknown topic and the interview itself.

In the words of Beaker 'meep!'

ReputationRep:
    After finally sending off my application on Monday i have heard back from and recieved interviews for all three of my choices, but two of them clash :-/ Due to my third choice sending my an invitation first i accepted it, but today i recieved the invitation from what i think is my first choice, who in their email say it is highly unlikely that interviews can be rescheduled, it is these two that clash on the same day. Of course i would prefer to attend all three, raising my chances of securing a place, i dont know what to do!

ReputationRep:
    I've got an interview on the 25th for pgce primary!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratz, where for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amykaye14)
    What level were the maths tests? I've got an interview coming up and have a maths tests too. I'm struggling to cram in all the maths revision on top of uni work. What topics should I cover for the maths test?
    I had an interview yesterday with the Sheffield TSA for primary. The maths test was y5/ level and covered mainly decimals, fractions, percentages, area and multiplication.

All universities are different though I think. Where are you applying to?

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer from Southampton for secondary maths! :banana2: :banana:

Excellent!! Congratulations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aemiliana)
    My references are done! I feel very mean for hounding my personal tutor so much but they're done now (and hopefully not too mean). AND my original skills tests bookings were still available so now I can go ahead as planned.

I'm not sending it today because I'm being a little superstitious but I'll send it tonight.
    AAAAh, perfect! Good luck with the tests.

ReputationRep:
    Worcs! They're my 2nd/3rd choice. Still waiting on the other two!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gerald1990)
    After finally sending off my application on Monday i have heard back from and recieved interviews for all three of my choices, but two of them clash :-/ Due to my third choice sending my an invitation first i accepted it, but today i recieved the invitation from what i think is my first choice, who in their email say it is highly unlikely that interviews can be rescheduled, it is these two that clash on the same day. Of course i would prefer to attend all three, raising my chances of securing a place, i dont know what to do!
    I would call(not email) the first interview and ask if they can reschedule. If they say it cannot be done, then I guess you need to decide which you would rather take your chances on

ReputationRep:
    2nd interview went well today..

Got offered another place!!! 2 out 2 yey!! :-)

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.