Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Will123321)
    it can come up as a 10 marker
    Such as...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgias98)
    after months of predicting, here are mine:
    World cities 40 mark- Sustainability, retail and maybe planning and management although retail is more likely as it has only been up once as a 40 marker in 2012 I think. (urban processes would also be linked in these essays)
    Development and globalisation - 8 mark LLEDCs, TNCs, growth of NICS, development continuum, growth of groupings of nations.
    10 marker- sustainable tourism myth or reality, impacts of TNCS on host country and country of origin, impacts of groupings of nations, impacts of NICs.
    40 marker- maybe LLEDCs.
    Plate tectonics 8 marker- earthquakes, tsunamis, seismic waves, how seismic waves are measured,
    10 marker- how seismic hazards are managed (PPP), intrusive landforms and extrusive landforms.
    Any questions feel free to ask!
    hi, what would you say in terms of the world cities 40 marker on sustainability? thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoMilkSheikh)
    Such as...?
    discuss the issue "no security without development, no development without security"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nachey)
    R u sure intrusive and extrusive could come up as a 40 mark essay??? My teacher said they can only really ask u questions that allow you to be synoptic... This seems quite limited
    There isn't enough information to throw a 40 mark essay on intrusive and extrusive features - intrusive features is likely to be the 8 mark question as it's not appeared at all (I'm going through all the past papers right now)

For the 40 mark essay on Ecosystems, I'm really hoping it's something to do with

"Discuss the impact of human activities on how they influence tropical biomes"

At any rate I'm glad I didn't do the A2 last year as the Ecosystems Essay was bloody horrendous. Hopefully it'll be nicer this year.

I'll post my predictions for the 25 markers for Plate Tectonics + World Cities when I'm done!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have detailed explanations of formations of intrusive features for plate tectonics e.g. batholiths, dills and sykes

ReputationRep:
    As far as im aware , they havent ever asked an 8/10 marker on suburbanisation or reurbanisation

ReputationRep:
    Waste and transport management only need one case study each right?

Waste Management : Birmingham
    Transport Management : Curitiba

Just worried in case I need 2...

ReputationRep:
    Just came across this article, wonder how we could use this in an exam question? Dependency theory? http://uk.businessinsider.com/the-eu...gration-2016-6

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CLGC98)
    As far as im aware , they havent ever asked an 8/10 marker on suburbanisation or reurbanisation
    They've done one on sub before but no question on re-urbanisation

ReputationRep:
    They have asked one on suburbanisation before.
    They haven't for urbanisation and re-urbanisation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tcameron)
    I will cry with happiness if any of those come up

ReputationRep:
    Any ideas about what the tectonics 40marker could be on??

ReputationRep:
    Or any predictions for the Weather and climate shorter answers? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    They've done 2 questions regarding urbanisation before

ReputationRep:
    Nah I don't really like re-urbanisation
    What are the specific characteristics and cause of re-urbanisation it as all I have is a case study on it

ReputationRep:
    Based on previous exams , it should be based around plate tectonics theory , but i have a feeling theyre going to ask us a weird one , maybe to do with Seismic hazards ( tsunamis), or maybe even volcanic landforms.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catronator)
    They've done 2 questions regarding urbanisation before
    They haven't asked a direct question like 'describe are the causes and effects or urbanisation'
    It's always been linked with something else

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annacstonehouse)
    Does anyone have detailed explanations of formations of intrusive features for plate tectonics e.g. batholiths, dills and sykes
    Batholith:

Batholiths are large bodies of igneous rocks. They form due to the slow cooling of large masses of magma, due to being deep-seated and surrounded by hot rock. As a result, large crystals form within the rock e.g granite. They can be up to several hundred kilometres wide, with a large metamorphic contact zone.

Sills:

A sill is a horizontal intrusion along the bedding planes, with vertical cooling cracks. Magma squeezes through existing strata, (concordant to the existing strata) and cools rapidly on the outside due to contact with cooler surrounding rocks.

Dykes:

A dyke is a vertical intrusions that cutacross the bedding plane, with horizontal cooling cracks. Similar to sills, magma squeezes through existing strata, however disconcordant to the existing strata. They cool rapidly upon contact with surrounding rock, causing them to contract and crack.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pterofyre)
    There isn't enough information to throw a 40 mark essay on intrusive and extrusive features - intrusive features is likely to be the 8 mark question as it's not appeared at all (I'm going through all the past papers right now)

For the 40 mark essay on Ecosystems, I'm really hoping it's something to do with

"Discuss the impact of human activities on how they influence tropical biomes"

At any rate I'm glad I didn't do the A2 last year as the Ecosystems Essay was bloody horrendous. Hopefully it'll be nicer this year.

I'll post my predictions for the 25 markers for Plate Tectonics + World Cities when I'm done!
    Intrusive features was an 8 marker in Jan 2013

ReputationRep:
    They haven't asked a direct question like 'describe are the causes and effects or urbanisation'
    It's always been linked with something else
    Yeah I guess that's true. These are the ones they've previously asked involving urbanisation:

"Discuss the planning and management issues that have arisen in areas that have undergone urbanisation in recent years" - Jan 2012

"Using examples, evaluate the relationship between economic development and urbanisation" - June 2013

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 3, 2017
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.