Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Storm2323)
    meeee )
    Most probably me toooo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lora9704)
    i just received unconditional offer from Edinburgh after sooo long! Really glad but i think im going to bath anyone else?
    Congratulations! Are you a UK student? Is the unconditional only valid if it's your firm choice? Hoping to hear back soon myself!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowie)
    likewise! Best of luck with the Bartlett!!
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smbeech)
    Congratulations! Are you a UK student? Is the unconditional only valid if it's your firm choice? Hoping to hear back soon myself!
    Nope, im an international applicant and just had my IB results

ReputationRep:
    Nope, im an international applicant and just had my IB results
    How many points did you get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LiveTheMoment)
    How many points did you get?

ReputationRep:
    Wow!!! congrats!! That is a lot!!!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone firming University of Liverpool??

ReputationRep:
    I am wondering which university is better to study architecture. The university of Sheffield or UAL (central Saint martins)? Any advice? Also in order of the best university for architecture where would you put Kent, Sheffield and csm? Appreciate the advice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Archistudent2016)
    I am wondering which university is better to study architecture. The university of Sheffield or UAL (central Saint martins)? Any advice? Also in order of the best university for architecture where would you put Kent, Sheffield and csm? Appreciate the advice
    I would personally rate Sheffield as the best university for architecture. It's very widely regarded and progressive, focusing on more literal/social problems.
    I would then put Kent next as it seems to be accelerating further towards one of the best architecture unis in the UK. It's impressively technological and they have a very modern way of teaching/learning with integration with mainly online portfolios etc. Being ranked 7th and 3rd in the UK in the main ranking tables says a lot considering the department is only 10 years old!
    Central Saint Martins is perhaps less well regarded and from my knowledge, graduates achieve (on average) lower degrees than the other two. But it does have the benefit of it being very creative and artsy.

I reckon mainly, the reason for choosing a university should be towards how well your interests fit with their focus. So at a glance I would say Sheffield is socially focused, Kent is very much in the middle and UAL is more creatively focused.

(I may be wrong^ but hope this helps!!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Myria_x)
    I have applied to Edinburgh,Glasgow SOA, Nottigham, Sheffield and Kent . Unfortunately I got rejected by Edinburgh but okayy. What about you?
    Wow i wish i could apply to nottingham and sheffield but unfortunately my grades arent that good i applied to edinburgh, kent, shef hallam, northumbria, and queens belfast. Got rejected by kent tho 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SarahEGeldard)
    Anyone firming University of Liverpool??
    Can't decide between Liverpool and Newcastle... any advice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oliverch)
    Can't decide between Liverpool and Newcastle... any advice?
    I applied to and visited both but have decided Liverpool is my favourite, I would definitely say the lecturers seemed a lot more passionate and enthusiastic at Liverpool and I absolutely loved the city! Another thing mentioned at Liverpool was that they were the first RIBA accreted uni so it seems the Architecture department has some great history.

Not putting down Newcastle though, again a lovely city and obviously a great course but just the overall atmosphere of Liverpool has made me so excited to start studying Architecture in September!!

ReputationRep:
    How long did it take people to hear back from Liverpool after submitting their porfolios?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CR2016)
    How long did it take people to hear back from Liverpool after submitting their porfolios?
    Not very helpful as I chose to go to a workshop day instead of submitting a portfolio, but it took them 2-3 weeks to get back to me, I'm guessing portfolio submission will take a bit longer than that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SarahEGeldard)
    Not very helpful as I chose to go to a workshop day instead of submitting a portfolio, but it took them 2-3 weeks to get back to me, I'm guessing portfolio submission will take a bit longer than that?
    Thank you! Was just curious because everywhere else I submitted one to I heard back about 1-2 weeks after. Been waiting 2-3 now, so I'll probably hear soon then.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I submitted a portfolio for Cardiff late January and the one for Sheffield about a month ago but still haven t heard from them. Do you (asking for a personal opinion) think that my chances of getting an offer are higher or are ridiculously lower now... I am an EU student and I have already recieved an offer from Bath but I would feel a lot more confortable knowing all of my options. Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    I need help with my choices. I've applied to the Bartlett, Westminster, Coventry, Kingston and Oxford Brookes. I've received offers from 4 (not the Bartlett). I'm not rejected from the Bartlett however I'm pretty sure I've been rejected after this long wait. So what I wanted to ask is what's the best university for me to go for? In terms of what they want: Westminster (AAB) : Kingston (320 points). Coventry (unconditional) and Oxford Brookes is unconditional too.

What university would you guys recommend I go for? I mean in terms of my choices, I know with AAB i could've applied to some higher universities but Im pretty sure I wanted to stay around London. With the following exceptions in my choices.

What do you guys think is the best and will help in terms of the employment etc, would really appreciate some feedback. Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raimonds)
    I'm going to the open day on the 20th of April.
    And They've asked me for a distinction in my art foundation. I think it's maybe because I got A* A B for my a levels, so they want a high result this year to make up for it.
    Ahhh I got mine too now same day as you yeh probably I do IB and i didn't do art but i think my AP art made up for it! Are they your first choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flasa)
    Hi, I submitted a portfolio for Cardiff late January and the one for Sheffield about a month ago but still haven t heard from them. Do you (asking for a personal opinion) think that my chances of getting an offer are higher or are ridiculously lower now... I am an EU student and I have already recieved an offer from Bath but I would feel a lot more confortable knowing all of my options. Thank you.
    I sent mine to Cardiff on Feb 2nd and I only got an offer last week, so I wouldn't worry

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 4, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.