Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
Announcements
  • View Poll Results: How did you find the BMAT?
    Both sections were fine!
    22.22%
    Both sections were impossible!
    3.47%
    Section 1 was fine, section 2 was harder
    12.50%
    Section 1 was a killer, section 2 was okay
    28.47%
    I'm doomed
    33.33%

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone remember the question about treating someone and its effect on society (the one most people did)

It would help a lot if you could post the title, and the main points you made for each side of the argument

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megafidget)
    Honestly you're fine! If you're yourself and not a robot trying to regurgitate things, you'll be fine, best of luck for tomorrow .

I have yeh , that was a nice touch by them, have you got yours aswell?
    Nah I still haven't got it... . But then I heard a couple of days later than you

ReputationRep:
    If anyone could help, it's appreciated firstly.
    Are the interviews very scientific based? Or are they more of a generic panel based interview?

I know people aren't inclined to be helpful, but since there isn't competition between places [if you get an interview, there is a place for you] I'd appreciate any guidance....

(Original post by student_room2)
    If anyone could help, it's appreciated firstly.
    Are the interviews very scientific based? Or are they more of a generic panel based interview?

I know people aren't inclined to be helpful, but since there isn't competition between places [if you get an interview, there is a place for you] I'd appreciate any guidance....
    I would say that mine was rather balanced, i had some science and a fair bit about my ps but then again i had only two interviewers. Nothing v hard science wise though, simple GCSE/AS knowledge in my case

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! If you mentioned a condition, disease or procedure in your PS - did they talk about that?

ReputationRep:
    Can't help but feel like I've ****ed that up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by plsgivemeanoffer)
    Can't help but feel like I've ****ed that up
    Why do you think that?

I'm sure you didn't don't worry.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Any help accepted!
    If you mentioned a condition, disease or procedure in your PS - did they talk about that?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    Any help accepted!
    If you mentioned a condition, disease or procedure in your PS - did they talk about that?

thanks
    The interviews at UCL have no repeating structure. The interviewers can ask you whatever they like. It'd be a good idea to be familiar with all the stuff you have written down though as a first.

ReputationRep:
    How do you know that though?
    Because I've had an interview and we all spoke about our interviews before and after I went in.

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanks, well done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medprospects)
    Why do you think that?

I'm sure you didn't don't worry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I dont know, it was going fine, although a bit waffly and i tripped over my words once or twice because i was so nervous, but then i got asked to name a moment in the book i mentioned in my PS that affected me. I have read it, and I really enjoyed it, but I was so nervous I had a mind blank and ended up saying something that sounded very made up, even though it may kindoff be true. The book was 'Do No Harm' by Henry Marsh and I said that it was good to see him go to Poland (its actually Ukraine) and helped develop surgery, then came back 10 years later and saw how much progress had been made.

Im kicking myself because the moment I came out and the nerves were gone I could think of so many specific moments from the book I said. Now they will think I lied about reading the book on my PS...

ReputationRep:
    anyone know how ucl looks at nerves in interview? are they understanding or do they mark you down for it like imperial?

ReputationRep:
    anyone know how ucl looks at nerves in interview? are they understanding or do they mark you down for it like imperial?
    Nerves is just one of those things - it's human and they will expect and hope you are somewhat nervous. They will try and look past this, I'm sure. It would be harsh to mark you down for it unless it significantly impacted upon your performance, which by your summary I don't think it did.

ReputationRep:
    how long did people rejected post interview wait to hear?

ReputationRep:
    I dont know, it was going fine, although a bit waffly and i tripped over my words once or twice because i was so nervous, but then i got asked to name a moment in the book i mentioned in my PS that affected me. I have read it, and I really enjoyed it, but I was so nervous I had a mind blank and ended up saying something that sounded very made up, even though it may kindoff be true. The book was 'Do No Harm' by Henry Marsh and I said that it was good to see him go to Poland (its actually Ukraine) and helped develop surgery, then came back 10 years later and saw how much progress had been made.

Im kicking myself because the moment I came out and the nerves were gone I could think of so many specific moments from the book I said. Now they will think I lied about reading the book on my PS...
    That's only one part of the interview - they might not even have read the book haha. And everyone is bound to be a little nervous at least.

Stay hopeful. Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Pre-interview rejection came through around 12:30 today via UCAS!

ReputationRep:
    If anyone that had an interview on Tuesday or Wednesday this week could post when they hear back that'd be great

ReputationRep:
    can someone share the link of the facebook offer holders page? thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know why they need a photo?

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.