The Manchester United Thread XIX Watch

This discussion is closed.
Harvey.Specter
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by hayles101)
He won't give up his fat pay packet. And certainly not if he flukes a win some how.

Will delude himself and plenty of others into forgetting the other 10 games before tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I hope not. A win against Chelsea would just be papering over the cracks.

I'm very worried about what happens for United now. This could definitely be a turning point, if we mess up the next managerial appointment then it could definitely hurt us in the long run. Not too keen on Mourinho, Pep doesn't look likely, Giggs is very unproven and could just be another Moyes. Not really sure what I want if LVG goes tbh
Mackay
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
He's at your team hotel tonight, so any rumours of him walking imminently appear false.
SirAlexFerguson
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Giggs got his suit ready
trapking
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
After the stoke defeat i am not feeling confident in our results anymore....they come back to haunt me every single time ffs :lol:
trapking
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Harvey.Specter)
I hope not. A win against Chelsea would just be papering over the cracks.

I'm very worried about what happens for United now. This could definitely be a turning point, if we mess up the next managerial appointment then it could definitely hurt us in the long run. Not too keen on Mourinho, Pep doesn't look likely, Giggs is very unproven and could just be another Moyes. Not really sure what I want if LVG goes tbh
we may have to just stick with lvg and accept that results may be ****...at least that would buy time for any good long term managers to pop up and he's gonna resign anyway so **** it let him stay....

I would prefer that than the club making silly decisions and getting someone who will just ruin our club
SirAlexFerguson
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by hayles101)
He won't give up his fat pay packet. And certainly not if he flukes a win some how.

Will delude himself and plenty of others into forgetting the other 10 games before tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm in the LVG out brigade but I'm not gonna blame LVG for not resigning, if he gets sacked he will get compensation, which I don't think you get when you resign. Its human nature to choose the financially appealing choice.

I wonder if a lucky 1-0 will be suffice to save his job
Odium
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Even though Louis needs to go... I still want us to win tomorrow.

pls utd i hate chelsea
trapking
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by zanner)

pls utd i hate chelsea
hahaha if we can do what we did to City last time at old trafford last season then maybe we can be happy for once :cry2: :lol:
Odium
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by trapking)
hahaha if we can do what we did to City last time at old trafford last season then maybe we can be happy for once :cry2: :lol:
*sigh* That was actually beautiful no lie... I'll eat my socks is this happens tomorrow.. we can't hit a barn door with a banjo :'(
trapking
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by zanner)
*sigh* That was actually beautiful no lie... I'll eat my socks is this happens tomorrow.. we can't hit a barn door with a banjo :'(
if we lose to chelsea tomorrow my god we have hit a new low....

liikeee right now its already bad enough but **** me plssss utd don't do this to us :rofl:
Odium
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by trapking)
if we lose to chelsea tomorrow my god we have hit a new low....

liikeee right now its already bad enough but **** me plssss utd don't do this to us :rofl:
chelsea are so poor... but we're terrible too. It's probably gonna be a 0-0 bore draw like 2 seasons ago fml
MrDystopia
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Was away from internet connection/TV/ yesterday. I'm guessing everything was said after the Stoke loss so yeah that happened.

(Original post by SirAlexFerguson)
I wonder if a lucky 1-0 will be suffice to save his job
I hope it doesn't. Though I think any sort of result other than a loss will see him stay on as opposed to resigning as he's suggesting.
Rk2k14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It'll be an easy win for Chelsea.

They'll do what 90% of teams have done at Old Trafford.

Park the bus and then hit us on the counter/set piece with a goal.

Given how ****e we are, we won't be able to break them down and then resort to long ball tactics, which Chelsea will defend with ease.
Mo De Lemone
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Major Zero
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Pray Giggsy doesn't get it. Anyone who wants Giggsy to get it is a sentimental fool and can't see that Giggs is unproven and is nowhere near being ready to manage a club of Utd's stature.
Mo De Lemone
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Louis van Gaal's reign set to end even if Manchester United beat Chelsea at Old Trafford: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...-Trafford.html
Spoiler:
Show
Louis van Gaal will lead Manchester United against Chelsea tonight but the match could prove to be the Dutchman’s last as manager after it emerged that he has serious doubts over whether he can continue in his position.

Van Gaal has spoken with United’s executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward since Saturday’s 2-0 defeat at Stoke City, the club’s fourth loss in a row, and took training at Carrington yesterday.

The 64-year-old arrived later than assistant manager Ryan Giggs, sparking speculation he was in meetings over his future, but he checked in at the Lowry Hotel with his squad last night and will take charge of the game at Old Trafford.

Woodward is believed to have told Van Gaal that he still has the support of the club, urging him to tough it out through a difficult run of results, yet the Dutchman has genuine concerns over whether he can turn their season around.

As a result, it appears inevitable that Van Gaal is approaching the end of his stormy reign. He even admitted on Saturday that he would consider resigning for the seventh time in his managerial career if results did not improve.

And it is understood the prospect of a fourth successive league defeat will force his departure.

United have not won in seven games and a fifth successive defeat would equal their worst run since 1936 and surely make Van Gaal’s position untenable.

Michael Carrick, the midfielder, has hit back at “disrespectful” accusations that the squad are not fighting for their beleaguered manager, after a chastening afternoon in the Potteries on Boxing Day.

Yet it is clear that Van Gaal is facing the end game after 18 months in charge, and United have made no guarantees that he will see the year out as manager.

Van Gaal took a wrong turn on his way to the team bus after the humiliating defeat at Stoke and it somehow seemed appropriate, considering United appear to have lost all sense of direction and the players are lost in a maze of muddled tactics and baffling team selections.
Manchester United
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Can't wait for Mou next week.
SirAlexFerguson
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
"Woodward is believed to have told Van Gaal that he still has the support of the club, urging him to tough it out through a difficult run of results, yet the Dutchman has genuine concerns over whether he can turn their season around."

That quote from the telegraph article quoted above is really shocking and raises serious questions about Woodward and the Board.
trapking
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by SirAlexFerguson)
"Woodward is believed to have told Van Gaal that he still has the support of the club, urging him to tough it out through a difficult run of results, yet the Dutchman has genuine concerns over whether he can turn their season around."

That quote from the telegraph article quoted above is really shocking and raises serious questions about Woodward and the Board.
apparently he even told Woodward he wanted to leave after the Norwich game and they said no....
Mackay
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Major Zero)
Pray Giggsy doesn't get it. Anyone who wants Giggsy to get it is a sentimental fool and can't see that Giggs is unproven and is nowhere near being ready to manage a club of Utd's stature.
He almost certainly will. There's a ready made replacement waiting in the wings in Mourinho, but I'm unsure the United board will want the hassle that comes alongside him. Remember their quotes a few years ago, especially Bobby Charlton's. Of course, the club is fairly different these days.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (35)
18.04%
Unconditional if firmed (14)
7.22%
Unconditional if insurance (2)
1.03%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (5)
2.58%
No unconditional offers (138)
71.13%

Watched Threads