** Official Investment Banking Spring Week 2017 Thread **

Announcements Posted on
TSR looking different to you this week? Find out why here. 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deanshawn)
    I skipped straight to the finish line and got an internship at a PE investment firm for the next summer. If anyone is interested how I managed to do that, do let me know.

I dare say quality **** post m9 5/7

ReputationRep:
    what is the pass mark for the numericals? Was getting around consistently getting 80+ on assesment day package i bought now i am getting screwed IRL looooool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tazza ma razza)
    what is the pass mark for the numericals? Was getting around consistently getting 80+ on assesment day package i bought now i am getting screwed IRL looooool
    70~

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gr8wizard10)
    70~
    safe one B

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gr8wizard10)
    70~
    Is simply passing the priority or is it getting in high 80's/90's?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gladiatorsword)
    Is simply passing the priority or is it getting in high 80's/90's?
    Passing

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone progressed beyond the tests for HSBC?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry if this has been asked before, but is anyone else struggling to find the Morgan Stanley and rbc cap markets spring weeks? I can find the MS one on google however when I follow the link it takes me to the application for off-cycle internships

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone applied to BlackRock ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gpearson97)
    Sorry if this has been asked before, but is anyone else struggling to find the Morgan Stanley and rbc cap markets spring weeks? I can find the MS one on google however when I follow the link it takes me to the application for off-cycle internships
    MS is either ISG/Tech so go to their portal and apply for the ISG one. RBC won't open until mid-Nov chap

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ngl i am kinda confused by the interview stage

is it just the one interview or is numerous? Also, i am kinda bricking it for when they whap out a technical qn lol happened to my mate who got markets at a US BB despite being told by hr and the interviewer it was gonna be a competency interview lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gpearson97)
    http://www.morganstanley.com/people-...ternship-emea/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tazza ma razza)
    ngl i am kinda confused by the interview stage

is it just the one interview or is numerous? Also, i am kinda bricking it for when they whap out a technical qn lol happened to my mate who got markets at a US BB despite being told by hr and the interviewer it was gonna be a competency interview lol
    lol surely technical would be easier since you just need to know the answer, whereas for competency you need to actually be competent and have examples of when you displayed a particular skill/quality

ReputationRep:
    For anyone who has applied to Citi, how long did it take for you receive the online test application? It's been 2 days since I sent off my application and no response from them. I'd be happy if there wasn't a test involved but from what I've read here there is.

ReputationRep:
    Does Bloomberg have a programme for first years?

ReputationRep:
    Hi everybody!

I currently study in Europe, would it be fine if I submit my applications by the end of October or it’s too late? Some people said here it’s fine but I’ve the feeling banks have already started reviewing applications.

Have some banks started interviewing people? I got a first interview from a smaller company. What about you guys?

By the way, thanks Princepieman, you’re doing an amazing job here!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who's done/is doing SEO in November have any advice when best to apply for the banks they have partnership with that you meet at the First year fast track

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by economicss)
    Does Bloomberg have a programme for first years?
    They should, there was one last year

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bay Ridge)
    Hi everybody!

I currently study in Europe, would it be fine if I submit my applications by the end of October or it’s too late? Some people said here it’s fine but I’ve the feeling banks have already started reviewing applications.

Have some banks started interviewing people? I got a first interview from a smaller company. What about you guys?

By the way, thanks Princepieman, you’re doing an amazing job here!
    Too late would be late November for all the rolling banks, you should be fine for the most part.

Haven't heard of interviews being handed out yet.

Thanks, appreciate the support

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just FYI after talking to someone in HR in HSBC apparently you can't apply to the both their spring week and their first year summer.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 8, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.