Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel S2 - 27th June 2016 AM Watch

• View Poll Results: How did you find the Edexcel S2 exam?
    Very hard
    14.71%
    Hard
    33.57%
    Normal
    29.72%
    Easy
    15.42%
    Very easy
    6.59%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EricPiphany)
    Who else thought question 8 was quite cute?
    You see I actually believed you because I finished the paper in 45 minutes and was convinced I must have skipped a question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexFrangos)
    How did you find the paper?
    It was a good paper

ReputationRep:
    Hlw did anyone do IAL S2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by igotohaggerston)
    how many marks was the P(7<R<10) QUESTION WORTH was it one or two marks?
    Probably only one! Most uniform distribution questions are only one mark

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lordyP)
    I remember it being two, since one mark for realising it's actually p(7<R<9) and one mark for working it out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inges)
    Nah mate need 68UMS for an A overall and looks like I'm not getting it. I calculated a strict 57 marks in the exam. lets say minus 3 for that ******* question. Thats 54. Will that make 68UMS?
    Depends on the grade boundaries, a B grade is usually at 59 ( lower bound), could possibly be a bit lower, I think you probably did get it but it's going to be very close. You might end up with 238-242 UMS.

ReputationRep:
    How many marks for 100 UMS do you guys think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Honey badger123)
    How many marks for 100 UMS do you guys think?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thephysio)
    I've done something very similar to you but I appear to have made a silly mistake, resulting in an answer of 124 or something from my quadratic formula. What do you think I might have lost in terms of marks?

Yes, I took ln of both sides and it appears I got the right answer, hope this is an OK method to use.. should be given that S2 is usually taught alongside A2 maths which includes ln in C3 and C4.
    Ah ok thank you and yeh we should've got it right then ! - I think you could've worked it out through the tables but I like doing it with logs aha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jpepsred)
    You see I actually believed you because I finished the paper in 45 minutes and was convinced I must have skipped a question.
    just read this and had a mild panic attack but i also remember checking the paper about 3 times for any missed questions ahah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lordyP)
    I think it was 2 cause you had to find out the difference and then times by your pdf

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have worked solutions ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inges)
    if you go back to page like 35 there is people putting all their answers. As for an unofficial mark scheme it wont be until probably tomorrow or the day after.
    That's still gce

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mugenya)
    Hlw did anyone do IAL S2
    I did

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anujsr)
    I did
    What grade boundaries to you expect? I am expecting 60 for an A

ReputationRep:
    What grade boundaries to you expect? I am expecting 60 for an A
    I think its gonna be between 60-62 as last years paper had only like 5 marks worth of algebra and this was like 15 marks ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    I think its gonna be between 60-62 as last years paper had only like 5 marks worth of algebra and this was like 15 marks ...
    In the critical region question i messed up and found X>=11 rather than X>=9 and so the next parts went wrong. Do you think i will lose all the marks in this question?

ReputationRep:
    In the critical region question i messed up and found X>=11 rather than X>=9 and so the next parts went wrong. Do you think i will lose all the marks in this question?
    sorry i can't remember the question, but when the model answers come out you will be able to see how many marks were on offer, but if this is a follow through error then you'd only lose the answer marks so i wouldn't worry too much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mupsman2312)
    But it was an 8-marker, though - not 6...
    i didnt say it was a 6 marker

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    I think it was 2 cause you had to find out the difference and then times by your pdf
    I thought that it was only 1...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.