• View Poll Results: Favourite Doctor?
    Christopher Eccleston
    8.20%
    David Tennant
    59.71%
    Matt Smith
    32.09%

ReputationRep:
    I liked seeing The Tennant on tv again but meh, bit of a rubbish episode. Looking forward to Catherine Tate though!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flamo)
    Balakaffalakka (sp?) = awesome. Best character in that episode... was naively hoping that he'd be the Doctor's next companion... ._.

And. Yeah. 'Twas a crap episode...
    his death made me cry.

ReputationRep:
    I think i enjoyed it more than most of the others.

Maybe i missed something but how did the guy recover from the gunshot wound?

ReputationRep:
    Pretty pissed off about it, to be honest. Nothing was done about the fact that Kylie's character's name was an anagram of Tardis, and the small guy was clearly just another one of Davis' creations in different make-up (the one from the online game).

And yeah, I noticed too how the guy on the bridge recovered quite quickly from what appeared to be a near-fatal wound.

ReputationRep:
    I missed it. Does anyone know when it will be repeated?

ReputationRep:
    nope, but you can just watch it online:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/

ReputationRep:
    The rest of my family (ie the properly dedicated Doctor Who fans) hated it. I thought it started OK, ran into problems halfway through then had some pretty cringeworthy parts (anything with the Queen). Was better than the %%%%%%%%e this time last year mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emerald)
    I'm sure Robobs right, I've been asking my sister the same thing the whole night. I'm pretty sure that there was an iceberg in the trailer for this last season:confused:
    :five:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sharvie)
    I missed it. Does anyone know when it will be repeated?
    I wouldn't bother if I were you!

ReputationRep:
    I would watch it!
    I just wouldn't worry too much about the plot making too much sense.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUqmO...eature=related

Voyage of the Damned preview from end of last series. Completely different to the episode. But whatever, it was a rather disappointing episode.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purple-girl)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUqmO...eature=related

Voyage of the Damned preview from end of last series. Completely different to the episode. But whatever, it was a rather disappointing episode.
    It looks like they just cut bits from the Titanic film #beard#

ReputationRep:
    I rather enjoyed it. It was typical Doctor Who.

The one thing that did bother me is this obsession of Russell T with characters that repeats a single word at the beginning of each sentence. The 'Hosts' and Bavakatalaca (sp?) were defiantly not the first, and I have a horrible suspicion they won't be the last characters like this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Budgie)
    If £1 million = 50 million credits, then the woman who ran up a phone bill of "5000 credits" only owed £100....
    Its £100 to a single phone number, my dad would be (and has in the past) be angry if my sister or I spent over £100 to a single phone number.

How come they didn't do anything about the fact that Kylies characters name was an anagram of TARDIS? Surely that ment she was connected to it in some way.

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't amazed by the Christmas episode. It was OK but the characters were a bit rubbish. The ship looked awesome though

Also, it turns out a friend of my Mum knows someone in the wardrobe department who asked David Tennant for this:

Coolest pressie ever!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gateshipone)
    I wasn't amazed by the Christmas episode. It was OK but the characters were a bit rubbish. The ship looked awesome though

Also, it turns out a friend of my Mum knows someone in the wardrobe department who asked David Tennant for this:

Coolest pressie ever!
    Get it framed and laminated :p:

ReputationRep:
    WOW! thats amazing+as you said the coolest pressie ever!
    I really didnt like the xmas special, just I dunno why.

ReputationRep:
    i didnt like the christmas episode at all, the story was lame and the characters just werent that good or interesting. I probably wont be watching the next series, or if i do on the episodes with Martha in to see if theres any Torchwood crossover, but i really dont like Catherine Tate so a whole series of her screaming "doctor!" will be too much :s:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Its £100 to a single phone number, my dad would be (and has in the past) be angry if my sister or I spent over £100 to a single phone number.
    Yes it's a lot for a single number, but there's no denying it was a continuity error given that the characters were saying something along the lines of "we might as well have paid for the cruise" and "it will take us 20 years to pay that off".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitty_koo)
    i didnt like the christmas episode at all, the story was lame and the characters just werent that good or interesting. I probably wont be watching the next series, or if i do on the episodes with Martha in to see if theres any Torchwood crossover, but i really dont like Catherine Tate so a whole series of her screaming "doctor!" will be too much :s:
    I'm not a fan of it either, but you have to admit that it will be a nice change to have someone like her on instead of another girl who is going to fall in love with the Doctor.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.