upturnedpalms
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Bangers+Mash)
overdose, everything is ok though now

i was in the poison ward, with the heroin addicts
Glad you made it through :hugs: Do you want to talk about it?
Bangers+Mash
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by upturnedpalms)
Glad you made it through :hugs: Do you want to talk about it?
Thanks :hugs:, it was really a scary experience, and i dont want to ever have to go through that again, i would also do anything i can to prevent anyone from doing it. All i've learnt is that it is not the answer to problems.

The worst part was my heart rate dropped quite dangerously low in the night so i was pretty terrified, then an hour later i was told my Blood pressure was too low so the i was even more scared, all the machines i was hooked up to were constantly bleeping and i had wires all around me so i couldnt even lie down properly. What scared me the most was i only did it as a last cry for help...not to do anything more extreme, and i really thought id messed up.

Things got better and eventually i went to sleep, after that everything was ok, I would tell anyone, really as bad as things can get...there are more than one answer to problems and a trip to A+E isnt the way to go.

The only bit i really hate now is how guilty and embbarassed i feel with my family
Laus
Badges: 13
Report 10 years ago
B&M I'm so sorry :hugs: SO glad you are okay now though.
Laus
Report 10 years ago
I know this is completely inappropriate, especially considering what has happened but… I'm an auntie! :godancing:

Laus
Report 10 years ago
Thanks :hugs:, it was really a scary experience, and i dont want to ever have to go through that again, i would also do anything i can to prevent anyone from doing it. All i've learnt is that it is not the answer to problems.

The worst part was my heart rate dropped quite dangerously low in the night so i was pretty terrified, then an hour later i was told my Blood pressure was too low so the i was even more scared, all the machines i was hooked up to were constantly bleeping and i had wires all around me so i couldnt even lie down properly. What scared me the most was i only did it as a last cry for help...not to do anything more extreme, and i really thought id messed up.

Things got better and eventually i went to sleep, after that everything was ok, I would tell anyone, really as bad as things can get...there are more than one answer to problems and a trip to A+E isnt the way to go.

The only bit i really hate now is how guilty and embbarassed i feel with my family
What did you take, if you don't mind me asking? I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I don't think it makes you a weak person but I'm so glad you now think it isn't the answer.

How are you family now? Are they talking to you? I should hope so :hugs: :hugs:
Bangers+Mash
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
What did you take, if you don't mind me asking? I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I don't think it makes you a weak person but I'm so glad you now think it isn't the answer.

How are you family now? Are they talking to you? I should hope so :hugs: :hugs:
woo you're an auntie

Anti-Depressants (Fluoxetine) about 20 capsules

i think this could be a turning point for me now to really try and work to get better...it takes time but everyone has to keep trying

my family have been great about it, they havent put me in an awkward position or anything like that...i was expecting to be never let out of sight, but im in my room on my own again :yep:

oh...and i was also told, that my medication was actually making me worse, so i was getting more depressed on them and had mad mood swings, they said because im young i should have been monitored whilst on them but my GP(s) didnt see the problems.
upturnedpalms
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
woo you're an auntie

i think this could be a turning point for me now to really try and work to get better...it takes time but everyone has to keep trying

my family have been great about it, they havent put me in an awkward position or anything like that...i was expecting to be never let out of sight, but im in my room on my own again :yep:

oh...and i was also told, that my medication was actually making me worse, so i was getting more depressed on them and had mad mood swings, they said because im young i should have been monitored whilst on them but my GP(s) didnt see the problems.
Well done for taking something positive out of it. Sorry to sound patronising, but I'm really proud of you :hugs:
Laus
Report 10 years ago
woo you're an auntie

I'm glad your family are being supportive. That's really crucial and it would be so hard to think positively without that support.

It's great that it has given you a new perspective. I hope coming off Prozac goes OK. Your doctor really should have kept a close eye on you but I guess they can't monitor all of their patients.

Onwards and upwards :hugs:.
Bangers+Mash
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Thanks guys :hugs:

how is everyone else doing tonight?
Bangers+Mash
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well done for taking something positive out of it. Sorry to sound patronising, but I'm really proud of you :hugs:
Thanks, im gonna have a really go of it now
Appointment with GP on monday morning and appointment with psychiatrist monday afternoon is a good start,

however im worried my GP will suggest medication again, i refused when i was originally given but was persuaded by her to take them. This time however i feel they really are not the way forward for me. :yep:
wallflower*
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Had a terrible day and just need to get it out really.
I have been really let down by someone i trusted, which made me realise they weren't the person i thought they were and didn't have the same respect for me that i felt for them. I feel stupid for letting myself care about them and now i feel like everyone abandons me or gets bored of me in the end.

It's confusing because i have been taking reboxetine for about 5 months now and although in some ways it makes me feel better and like i have more energy, in other ways i feel worse than ever, i don't really understand how i am feeling right now. I just feel completely hopeless.
And because i was feeling so bad today i think i may have come across as really unfriendly and rude when talking to someone i met for the first time, which makes me feel even worse and worry about what they must think of me.
Oh, and to cap it all off my toilet has broken:no:

I know i should just go to bed and hopefully feel a bit better in the morning, but i don't want to be alone with my thoughts, and i hate that i am so alone right now
Bangers+Mash
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by wallflower*)
Had a terrible day and just need to get it out really.
I have been really let down by someone i trusted, which made me realise they weren't the person i thought they were and didn't have the same respect for me that i felt for them. I feel stupid for letting myself care about them and now i feel like everyone abandons me or gets bored of me in the end.

It's confusing because i have been taking reboxetine for about 5 months now and although in some ways it makes me feel better and like i have more energy, in other ways i feel worse than ever, i don't really understand how i am feeling right now. I just feel completely hopeless.
And because i was feeling so bad today i think i may have come across as really unfriendly and rude when talking to someone i met for the first time, which makes me feel even worse and worry about what they must think of me.
Oh, and to cap it all off my toilet has broken:no:

I know i should just go to bed and hopefully feel a bit better in the morning, but i don't want to be alone with my thoughts, and i hate that i am so alone right now
hey :hugs:

remember everyone has bad days, and try not to worry too much, these things do happen.
at times it can feel like everything is against you, even things like your toilet breaking, it does add to the feeling of being up against it.

Is there anybody you can phone, a friend maybe to just have a casual chat to help take your mind off things.
I found if i spoke to a mate before bed my thoughts were all ok, i know how you feel about being alone with your thoughts :hugs:
upturnedpalms
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Thanks guys :hugs:

how is everyone else doing tonight?
Terrible. Been a really rough few days.

________________________________ ________________________________

Congratulations, Laus! :hugs:

wallflower, hi, I don't think we've met. I'm Hannah. Sorry you're having a rough time... I think maybe sleep on it. Someone used to say to me 'Things always seem darker at night' and I used to say 'Well, obviously... it's dark' like an idiot. But since I've had depression, I've come to understand it on a whole new level. :hugs:
jonathan122
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Bangers+Mash
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Terrible. Been a really rough few days.

(Original post by jonathan122)

Whats up?
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't know why I feel so down at the moment. I think I might need to speak to my psychiatrist about increasing my dosage. Everything was going fine, but now...
fairy spangles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ever just wanted to go somewhere? anywhere?
tonight ive felt so low.
My mom asks me to talk with her but theres nothing to say.
Whats going on with my life. I used to be so happy - what happened i dont understand.
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by fairy spangles)
ever just wanted to go somewhere? anywhere?
tonight ive felt so low.
My mom asks me to talk with her but theres nothing to say.
Whats going on with my life. I used to be so happy - what happened i dont understand.
:hugs:
fairy spangles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
hi jonathon :hugs:
sorry to hear your feeling down.
Bangers+Mash
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Jonathan, Do go and speak with your psychiatrist, and talk about your feelings of increasing your dosage, remember though there is more than one answer to problems, i hope you feel better soon

Fairy Spangles, i hope your feeling ok after last night, just remember stay determined, just focus on positive thoughts no matter how small or silly you think they are, just try and keep going and with comitment anyone can start to improve.

upturnedpalms, sorry to hear about the past few days being rough, we are all here if you want to talk or rant just to help get things off your mind and straighten your thoughts

hope everyone is doing ok this weekend
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (273)
38.18%
No - but I will (51)
7.13%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.13%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (340)
47.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed