This discussion is closed.
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Irrelevance)
Dates-wise, I think mid-May onwards?

What, right in the middle of uni exams?! I doubt that's going to be very popular at all...

It's either going to be in the next month, or not till after mid-June, surely?
Irrelevance
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Drewski)
What, right in the middle of uni exams?! I doubt that's going to be very popular at all...

It's either going to be in the next month, or not till after mid-June, surely?
I keep forgetting everybody has exams at different times. June would be a safer option in that case
omicronlyrae
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
lets say june, cause most people are around - i am.

Regarding location i think we're gonna have to have a vote.
netprime
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I have exams in June... Yay.
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by olileauk)
lets say june, cause most people are around - i am.

Regarding location i think we're gonna have to have a vote.
So far I believe it's 3 a piece, but not sure whether wombley's had a vote. Know Stray hasn't [and am pretty sure she'd want Brum].

Either way, there'll be happy people and unhappy people.
omicronlyrae
Rep:
?
(Original post by netprime)
I have exams in June... Yay.
i do too, but they're over pretty soon into june. surely you must have the end of june off?
omicronlyrae
Rep:
?
So far I believe it's 3 a piece, but not sure whether wombley's had a vote. Know Stray hasn't [and am pretty sure she'd want Brum].

Either way, there'll be happy people and unhappy people.
heh, yeah. I'd rather go to brum, cause it's easier for me.
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I guess I don't mind going to brum... just takes longer and don't know the place, etc etc...
omicronlyrae
Rep:
?
to be fair, neither do I. I've been to birmingham once, and I went to Birmingham uni and nowhere else. However, not knowing a place has never stopped me before, an di'm sure someone knows their way around, else there's bugger all point going there because we'll all be lost.
netprime
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i do too, but they're over pretty soon into june. surely you must have the end of june off?
June 20th I think I have off, but then I have leavers ball and so on sometime after that, 27th weekend I think.

You guys go ahead though, I'll catch up on the second meet or something that way I'll be on the mainland anyway, easier for transport plus I'll be at university.
omicronlyrae
Rep:
?
(Original post by netprime)
June 20th I think I have off, but then I have leavers ball and so on sometime after that, 27th weekend I think.

You guys go ahead though, I'll catch up on the second meet or something that way I'll be on the mainland anyway, easier for transport plus I'll be at university.
aw, that sucks =(
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
to be fair, neither do I. I've been to birmingham once, and I went to Birmingham uni and nowhere else. However, not knowing a place has never stopped me before, an di'm sure someone knows their way around, else there's bugger all point going there because we'll all be lost.

I'm pretty sure the only reason behind it being mentioned was that it was a handier focal point [for some] than Manchester.

Think Coy knows it a bit... but then, she's one of the less certain ones about showing up at all:rolleyes:
omicronlyrae
Rep:
?
this could be interesting.

Ideally this needs its own thread..
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
True. After you then, mod man :p:

Can you have 2 polls in a single thread? One for location, one for date?
omicronlyrae
Rep:
?
True. After you then, mod man :p:

Can you have 2 polls in a single thread? One for location, one for date?
no. plus i'm not entirely sure if i'm allowed to make a thread about the meet in soc chat: i need to enquire about this.
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
no. plus i'm not entirely sure if i'm allowed to make a thread about the meet in soc chat: i need to enquire about this.
Hmm, tricky one.

Can't go in tbr otherwise the non-subs won't see it. Can't go in any public forum otherwise randoms/undesirables might see it. Might just have to keep it in house and have one person designated with keeping up with all details.
georgia
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If it's Brum, I may end up having to pass too. Unless it turns out to be October onwards, because I can do whatever I like then when it's not Uni holiday time. If I told my parents I was going to Brum they'd try and tie it in with a grandparents visit and then way too many questions are asked for me to even think about keeping it on the dl.
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by georgia)
If it's Brum, I may end up having to pass too. Unless it turns out to be October onwards, because I can do whatever I like then when it's not Uni holiday time. If I told my parents I was going to Brum they'd try and tie it in with a grandparents visit and then way too many questions are asked for me to even think about keeping it on the dl.

You can still tell your parents you're going to Manchester, though, surely?

I mean, really, what is it with all this 100% honesty?!:p:
georgia
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You can still tell your parents you're going to Manchester, though, surely?

I mean, really, what is it with all this 100% honesty?!:p:
Well I guess, but honestly I'm not comfortable with doing that and blatently lying to them. They trust me and I'm not going to ruin that.

I'm just an honest person :dontknow:
iced_dragon_agility
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I can do wherever I guess. Never been to any of these places but I'm sure I can find my way there ^^
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (135)
18.42%
No (445)
60.71%
Not really bothered about them (153)
20.87%

Watched Threads