Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Please UWE, offer me place for my xmas pressie, please please please!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    i think we are all waiting for a christmas present in the offer variety from Universities i am going insane checking track all the time to hear if other Uni's have got back to me but i get patience is a virtue stands true in this sense that i will just have to wait its only been 11/12 days since UCAS sent my application of and although had an acknowledgement and one conditional i want more lol

it's crazy :eek3: :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarawr)
    Well done on the offer from bath spa! i'd love an offer from there
    what course are you doing?
    Philosophy and Ethics Combined with Religious studies.
    What have you applied for?

ReputationRep:
    Its been five weeks since I sent my application to UCL for comp. sci, wat is wrong with them!!

ReputationRep:
    It's 2 months since I sent off my Ucas and have 5 no replies, im not worried at all and am still not expecting to hear about some for a while but was interested to see if people had been offered/rejected places at unis for politics and economics or PPE for that matter.
    So yeh anyone got offers or been rejected? and where?

ReputationRep:
    There have been offers and rejections going out, but not too many. Are you sure your application has also been send on by your referee? It's pretty normal not to have anything yet, a lot of uni's don't give out aknowledgements and wait with offers until after the deadline. Don't start stressing yet.

ReputationRep:
    Oh no I have 5 acknowledgements im sorry I didnt make that clear I should have said 5 no decisions but yes not worried at all really yet as they are no decisions but not rejections, i was just interested to see how it was going for fellow applicants for politics and economics or PPE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simonotog)
    Oh no I have 5 acknowledgements im sorry I didnt make that clear I should have said 5 no decisions but yes not worried at all really yet as they are no decisions but not rejections, i was just interested to see how it was going for fellow applicants for politics and economics or PPE
    No decisions means you haven't been chucked out straight away so yeah that is probably good news, there is a whole thread dedicated to economics and economics joint courses relating to offers, rejections etc here

ReputationRep:
    I sent my UCAS off two weeks ago, and i've received 2 offers...
    pretty happy considering some have been waiting for longer with no offers.

Plus i'm applying for Economics, which is very competitive.

No complaints here lol

ReputationRep:
    I sent my application through UCAS on the 28th of September and have received all offers but one - Liverpool (which acknowledged my application on the 22nd of October). Any idea if I may get an offer by Christmas? The course I applied for at Liverpool was Aviation Technology with Pilot Studies and Year in Industry.

ReputationRep:
    If I don't hear anything by friday then it will be the 6th January before I hear anything. which is so annoying. I wish I at least had acknowledgements.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hiddencat12)
    If I don't hear anything by friday then it will be the 6th January before I hear anything. which is so annoying. I wish I at least had acknowledgements.
    Which at least helped me understand how long their Christmas break is :p:

ReputationRep:
    Xmas break who needs a holiday.argh. I think they should have to put on Ucas the dates you can't possibly get an offer. I had to email the Admin departments at all my choices to find out. Atleast I can (fingers crossed) forget about it till January. [maybe not this is my new obsession] Good Luck to anyone else waiting for offers

ReputationRep:
    Hm... how do I start an e-mail to university if I can't find the name of the person who will get it? "Dear admissions team" is just weird

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FieldLeftBlank)
    Hm... how do I start an e-mail to university if I can't find the name of the person who will get it? "Dear admissions team" is just weird
    "Dear Sir/Madam" would do the job I guess... although you'll then have to write the whole letter formally :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FieldLeftBlank)
    I started all the ones I sent Oxford with "Hello". Seemed to do the trick lol.

ReputationRep:
    Everything's driving me madddd, i want a glasgow offer before christmas !

ReputationRep:
    And I want at least one offer before Xmas... having in mind the big fat rejection from LSE, and the fact that Wadham College, Oxford may (highly improbable) be sending me an offer letter on the 17-18th Dec but I'm international and the post service in my country is plain slow....I guess these don't help much. Oh well, it's kind of frustrating as i applied on October 5th

ReputationRep:
    Well i received the ucas status update notification email this evening at 520pm ish to which i had another offer happy times

ReputationRep:
    Lol, I just got a letter from Newcastle saying they will be sending me an offer... which I got yesterday

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.