The European/World Football Thread II Watch

This discussion is closed.
Cities
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by cfc1992)
I really think Barcelona and Real Madrid will get to CL final this season if they don't get drawn together before hand.
After Chelsea's performance today I'm thinking the same thing :o:

After Real's first few games I thought that their attack would be too easy to nullify but (apart from Higuain), they are looking like a real force now.
Barça
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by sandeep90)
Meh, you've got me there.

We had some good chances and on another day we may have gotten a draw, but Madrid have been very good so far this season and I think the La Liga title is going to return to the Bernabeu tbf.
Dude even I've stopped wathcing these games, always hope for an Atletico win but it never happens. But do you know the sad part? In the last few years Atletico could have easily won 3-5 fixtures because they were the more dominant team but they can never seem to get the results. This may sound weird but Madrid don't even have to be a good team or in good form to beat Atletico, Atletico beat themselves.
Stu Laverty
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by cfc1992)
I really think Barcelona and Real Madrid will get to CL final this season if they don't get drawn together before hand.
Nah, Real seem to always **** up these days (although they have the right manager now).

Chelsea vs Barca final, IMO (providing they miss each other). Although it's hard to look past Real, Chelsea, Barca and Inter as potential winners.
cfc1992
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
we're ****e.

Cities
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I think Real's "**** up" factor is reduced; they seem solid all over the pitch and their defence has generally been superb. If they become less profligate in attack, I'm pretty sure they'll go far.
IWantSomeMushu
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Barça)
Dude even I've stopped wathcing these games, always hope for an Atletico win but it never happens. But do you know the sad part? In the last few years Atletico could have easily won 3-5 fixtures because they were the more dominant team but they can never seem to get the results. This may sound weird but Madrid don't even have to be a good team or in good form to beat Atletico, Atletico beat themselves.
I know what you mean tbh, I remember last season when at the Bernabeu when we should have won. Maybe it's a psychological problem...
Stu Laverty
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

Zidane eat your heart out.
voodoomagic
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Stu Laverty)

Zidane eat your heart out.
I was expecting a headbutt of epic proportions.. even though that turned out not to be the case I am still impressed.
Louis.
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Love that so much :love:
Cities
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Incredible.
Cities
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I confess, I've been perving on all these FM posts and now I feel compelled to watch Bundesliga for some reason :teeth:

If I had to watch a team it'd probably be Dortmund or Bayern atm, any other suggestions in case there's a game?
Stu Laverty
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Leverkusen and Stuttgart are always good fun to watch.

Tbh, in the Bundesliga you aren't going to see many bad matches. The standard of football is exceptional and teams are much more even. Probably the best league in terms of entertainment in the world.
S-man10
Badges: 18
Report 8 years ago
What about Mainz?
Stu Laverty
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I admit, I've not seen that much of Mainz this season except against a couple of teams. They've definitely been really good to watch though, from what little I've seen.
Barça
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Just a footnote to bash the ineptitude of Atletico Madrid.

More than 60 teams have defeated Madrid since 1999 but Atlético are not one of them, despite having 18 goes at it. The last time they won was last century and it was also irrelevant: they were relegated anyway.
Yes, I am indeed that bitter
R-KAM
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
:rofl2: @ Atletico.

And everyone should watch more Bundesliga :sogood:
voodoomagic
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by S-man10)
What about Mainz?
Mainz seem to be hitting a bit of a rough patch at the moment. They won their first 7 games (including Bayern away, during Oktoberfest, almost unheard of) but have since lost 3 of their last 4.

As for watching the Bundesliga, Bremen are usually involved in goal filled games, they generally can't defend for love nor money.
R-KAM
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/eleanorol...too_short.html

:sad:
Kevmeister
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Lazio are crumbling in Serie A.
Cities
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Napoli to third :holmes:

Also, the real Mourinho's back, and he seems to have made a scene :teehee:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (233)
27.51%
No (614)
72.49%

Watched Threads