Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajtiesto)
    @Medstudentlondon

YOU ARE A LEGEND!

Your posts are wikkked!!!
    thanks bro. this country and europe is racist to the core.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Passenger101)
    You lot are sick, you're egging on a black man to beat up a drunk white woman with a baby in her lap.
    Fixed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medstudentlondon.)
    That's why foreigners are allowed to live here, instead of being stoned to death/hung from a crane.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PendulumBoB)
    That's why foreigners are allowed to live here, instead of being stoned to death/hung from a crane.
    lol. you are only rich because you stole from the rest of the world.

britain is the country of everyone they stole stuff off in the past. it is our country and I will live how I like here because you people went around the world stealing everything. i'm just taking back what your ancestors took off mine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajtiesto)
    Yeah don't let it get to you though. We're here, they can't do sh*t to kick us out.
    yeah. i'm not going anywhere.

ReputationRep:

britain is the country of everyone they stole stuff off in the past. it is our country and I will live how I like here because you people went around the world stealing everything.
    The British empire got its money from selling cotton, tea and spices, it regrows every season. :dunce:

Besides look at what Japan did to Korea and just how advanced Korea is now; whilst I believe that foreigners should be allowed to live here, with one or two exceptions blaming the British Empire for a country being poor is pathetic. It's like the unemployed white person blaming foreigners for taking their jobs; failures always look to other people to lay the blame, it's no different here. You don't seem to realise the fact that in many cases the empire actually cost the British money and at it was only kept for prestige reasons, you seem to forget countries such as Japan and Hong Kong which are successful without having much in the way of natural resources. Do they blame the white man? Do they blame God? No because the only people who blame others are failures. Look at the Indians they don't blame the white man and they suffered much under the British, certain ex-colonial possessions could learn a lot from them..

ReputationRep:

britain is the country of everyone they stole stuff off in the past. it is our country and I will live how I like here because you people went around the world stealing everything. i'm just taking back what your ancestors took off mine.
    Implying there is anything worth stealing from Pakistan.

ReputationRep:
    Oh lord, why wasn't she on the same circle line train as me? Would of made my bloody commute back a whole lot more intresting lol.

And really you just got to ignore all that garbage which comes out of that woman's mouth. She's either 1. as thick as a brick or 2. Drugged up.

#stupidestwomanofthemonthaward

ReputationRep:
    The British empire got its money from selling cotton, tea and spices, it regrows every season. :dunce:
    True, but you conveniently missed out the fact that we made a lot of our money through exploitation of certain countries as well.

Some of our money was made fairly and squarely. But a fair amount of it was not.

Oh how easy it is to phrase these things in a certain way which places bias. You need to tell the whole story.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frankieboy)
    True, but you conveniently missed out the fact that we made a lot of our money through exploitation of certain countries as well.

Some of our money was made fairly and squarely. But a fair amount of it was not.

Oh how easy it is to phrase these things in a certain way which places bias. You need to tell the whole story.
    I think you misunderstand my point; much of the cotton, tea and spices was gained by exploiting the natives and forcing them to work on land stolen by the British, but this doesn't explain poverty in these countries today (because as I mentioned these things can be regrown so long as the land exists and the British didn't dig it up and take it back to Plymouth), so those who blame Britian still, are usually just looking for a reason to justify hatred or to claim that the British somehow owe them. Of course I recognise there is more to this and that in certain instances the British should accept a degree of responsibility (usually not all), but just blaming Britian and saying the British empire was just an evil monster is just as silly as saying that we only went over there to help the people develop their civilisation. I also think that people should realise that the average Brit didn't benefit all that much from the empire, so saying that white Brits in general owe everyone else is very silly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stopmessing)
    Oh lord, why wasn't she on the same circle line train as me? Would of made my bloody commute back a whole lot more intresting lol.

And really you just got to ignore all that garbage which comes out of that woman's mouth. She's either 1. as thick as a brick or 2. Drugged up.

#stupidestwomanofthemonthaward
    This.

I've spent much time on public transport and such people should either be ingored or laughed at. I really don't see why what she said is so shocking, people like this obviously exist; I always get the impression that people only make a big deal out of this sort of thing so they can wear the fact that they had a go at a racist as a badge of pride.

ReputationRep:
    I think you misunderstand my point; much of the cotton, tea and spices was gained by exploiting the natives and forcing them to work on land stolen by the British, but this doesn't explain poverty in these countries today (because as I mentioned these things can be regrown so long as the land exists and the British didn't dig it up and take it back to Plymouth), so those who blame Britian still, are usually just looking for a reason to justify hatred or to claim that the British somehow owe them. Of course I recognise there is more to this and that in certain instances the British should accept a degree of responsibility (usually not all), but just blaming Britian and saying the British empire was just an evil monster is just as silly as saying that we only went over there to help the people develop their civilisation. I also think that people should realise that the average Brit didn't benefit all that much from the empire, so saying that white Brits in general owe everyone else is very silly.
    That's more like it. Rep for that post (or at least when I can give more out). These things are always more complicated than they appear on the surface. As for explaining poverty in these Countries toady - well that, also, is a very complicated issue that people (not referring to you) tend to massively oversimplify.

ReputationRep:
    I like/admire China, I just don't think it's right to specifically target Britian for exploiting others whilst ignoring what other nations have done or are doing.

That's true, I guess we're due another few thousand years of Chinese dominance. :rolleyes:
    Maybe who knows.

the thing is there is no precedence of China ' dominating ' the world. Our backyard , yes, the world no....

ReputationRep:
    Justifiably, judging from your posts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Passenger101)
    Justifiably, judging from your posts.
    So you're actually making the suggestion that Europe could "justifiably" be "racist to the core"? Are you sure you want people to know that's what you think? I'd be going back and hitting that "edit" button personally...

ReputationRep:
    Just proves all the stereotypes about British people , you guys invaded Irish people , Africa people , Indian people and so many more ... Britain is basically the creator of most racism nowerdays and hates when karma bites back. The queen is a waste of space and the government is sending Britain down the drain invading more and more non-white countries like Iraq and Afghanistan. This is Karma! Deal with it. Dunno why its called ' great ' Britain ... Nothing great about it and this lady proved that!
    If you don't like it then leave?

ReputationRep:
    I support her freedom of speech.

I certainly do not agree with what she said. Even if she did have a point (not saying she did, a little immigration is brilliant for the economy) her execution and reasoning were so poor no-one but racists can take her seriously.

Thats Democracy. Well, Democracy sprinkled with her ignorance.

I just hope she doesn't indoctrinate her kid with that. Wishful thinking.

ReputationRep:
    That woman needs to be told that she doesn't represent British values or the majority of British, and in that respect is probably the least British person on that tram. Why doesn't she f*** off?

Plus, how does she think the countries we have invaded over the years felt about their British occupiers? As far as being were we ought not to be is concerned, we have to be one of the world's worst offenders.

ReputationRep:
    I've seen things like this in my bus twice. It is just appalling. I am not generalising here, just giving my opinion on this matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frankieboy)
    That's more like it. Rep for that post (or at least when I can give more out). These things are always more complicated than they appear on the surface. As for explaining poverty in these Countries toady - well that, also, is a very complicated issue that people (not referring to you) tend to massively oversimplify.
    Thank you +1.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.