Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ErHi?)
    If you mean you've applied for Economics as a single honours and also A&F as a single honours then I think there would be quite a lot of applicants for Economics because a lot would have applied to Oxbridge I reckon..

If you're VERY academically strong with a good PS then you may have been fast tracked to the 5 week process!
    I hope so! Thanks man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesWire)
    Having sent my application on 15th October, got the 2 week email on the 24th October and the 5 week email on the 30th October, I have just received an offer for Economics and Economic History requiring AAB.

Hey man, what were you predicted grades ? I've applied for the same course as you, but it's been 4 weeks and a half now that I wait !!!

Congrats anyway !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ErHi?)
    Hello fellow applicant how's the process going for you?
    It's going good so far thank you. I sent my application on the 31st October and received the 5 week email today How about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 786:))
    It's going good so far thank you. I sent my application on the 31st October and received the 5 week email today How about you?
    Currently one week and 3 days into the 5 week email, feel sick from waiting :/

What are your AS and predicted grades like? I feel mine are below par for LSE

ReputationRep:
    Just try to keep yourself busy in other activities
    5 A's in my AS levels and I am predicted A*AA in chemistry, economics and history respectively

What are your grades?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greenbeast)
    rejected for math and econ
    3 weeks into the 5 week email
    apparebtly my personal statement was good but not as good as some other similar applicants
    i had 4A* predictions too

gutted worst day ever
    I am sorry to hear that Where else have you applied ? You got good predicted grades so I am sure you will get offers for the 4 other universities

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny718)
    Waited for four weeks after my five week email and got an offer for Actuarial Science.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congrats! I am also applying to Bsc Actuarial Science. It's now 1 week after my five week email.
    May I please ask for your GCSE, ASs, Predictions.
    How was your personal statement.

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by President M.E.)
    I got the 2 week email as soon as I applied, but I've been waiting for the 5 week email for over three weeks now, so getting very nervous....what did it say exactly in the email anyway?
    Maybe they are waiting to consider you with other applicants or something. Don't get nervous, It's not a rejection until it's a rejection so just stay positive.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if history is a hard course to get an offer?! I only have A*A*AA predictions and A*A*AAAABBBB at IGCSE level. But I am an international student if that helps. My PS was apparently very good and my tutor couldn't believe that I wrote it my self my History/Psychology and English Lit teachers were all impressed by it. So i guess it was good. Do I stand a chance ?! BTW, I got the 5 week email like a week a go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greenbeast)
    rejected for math and econ
    3 weeks into the 5 week email
    apparebtly my personal statement was good but not as good as some other similar applicants
    i had 4A* predictions too

gutted worst day ever
    Damn I only have 2A* and 1 A prediction and I've applied to the same course. Should be expecting a rejection anytime soon now .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilzo999)
    Damn I only have 2A* and 1 A prediction and I've applied to the same course. Should be expecting a rejection anytime soon now .
    not necessarily

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shehr)
    Has ANYONE gotten ANYTHING for International Relations?! WHY are they taking so long for IR?! People have 5 week emails for Law, Econ, Philo! Surely these are more popular than IR! (although yes it is quite popular)

I got an offer from Nottingham and I was so busy stressing about LSE to enjoy it lol
    I've got my '5 weeks and strong enough' 4 weeks ago, exactly a week after I applied. When did you send yours?

Great course choice by the way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 786:))
    not necessarily
    Nah my PS, quite frankly is rubbish and so I might as well just rule LSE off the list.

ReputationRep:
    Nah my PS, quite frankly is rubbish and so I might as well just rule LSE off the list.
    You never know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigcrazysix)
    Congrats! I am also applying to Bsc Actuarial Science. It's now 1 week after my five week email.
    May I please ask for your GCSE, ASs, Predictions.
    How was your personal statement.

Thank you
    I'm an international applicant, so I sat for an exam which is equivalent to GCSE and got 9A+ 1A 1A-. I'm only sitting for my AS now and will be sitting for A2 next year June. This is common for CIE students. Predicted 4A* in maths, further maths, physics and economics.

Personal statement wise, I only mentioned one sentence about Actuarial Science, others were all about Maths. (I applied to other unis for Maths). Just wrote about my passion in Maths, how it is important in the real world and relevant achievements in Maths competitions. Well my ps is focused on pure mathematics actually... my friends who read personal statement said that it really shows my passion in Maths. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny718)
    x
    I think that they probably expect students to be in a similar situation as you in terms of course choice. A maths Personal statement (as long as it's good) should more than suffice for Actuarial science (from what I know about Actuarial Sciences anyway).

Best of Luck!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Guys I got one question - if you don't declare module grades on UCAS will LSE ask them? For subjects other than Mathematics/Economics by the way. Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anselmina)
    I've got my '5 weeks and strong enough' 4 weeks ago, exactly a week after I applied. When did you send yours?

Great course choice by the way
    Ah, why thank you! I applied -what seems like ages- about a month and a half ago. I'm 4 weeks since I got my 2 week email! Surely I should be getting some form of notification now, this is border line cruelty!

Well done on getting so far ahead though, good luck with the next steps! I'm sure you'll be getting an offer soon

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm applying Maths & Econ as well, I think personal statement is more important than predicted grades so don't worry

ReputationRep:
    Does LSE take ums scores into detailed account? I heard that they ask for ums for economics which is what I am applying for. But how much do they consider the ums scores? Can anyone help me on this.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.