Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nana96)
    Pretty much like everything else being said on the thread, they were really vague i have no idea what they thought of my tbh! im so worried but all we can do is wait now
    The essay was not what I expected it to be, I felt really rushed but I managed to get something down in time, it was the first side and a few lines on the second side not too long... really dno what to expect anymore
    Do they specify how long the essay is meant t be?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I had an interview last Wednesday and I got an email today saying my portal had been updated...heart starts palpitating, hands trembling..."please upload copies of your passport and alevel certificates as we are unable to process your application until we have received these"
    Lol what a let down

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yolo_kevin)
    I had an interview last Wednesday and I got an email today saying my portal had been updated...heart starts palpitating, hands trembling..."please upload copies of your passport and alevel certificates as we are unable to process your application until we have received these"
    Lol what a let down

Posted from TSR Mobile

Stay positive. Maybe they want the certificates so they can make you an offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrAli786)
    Stay positive. Maybe they want the certificates so they can make you an offer
    Thanks I hope you're right...let the waiting continue

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by great life)
    Why do you think they hated you? And how was it vague?

I'm even more nervous now:-(

Posted from TSR Mobile
    To be honest i dont know, i think it was more me going wrong than them being cruel. I think if you know your stuff and convey it well they cant ask for more. I just kept talking about random unrelated things and one of them goes 'but thats unrelated'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noaah)
    To be honest i dont know, i think it was more me going wrong than them being cruel. I think if you know your stuff and convey it well they cant ask for more. I just kept talking about random unrelated things and one of them goes 'but thats unrelated'
    I'm so sorry. But you know what, you never know what they are looking for, and they may have found that in you. Hope for the best.

Where else did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm so sorry. But you know what, you never know what they are looking for, and they may have found that in you. Hope for the best.

Where else did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    true. but i know two people who got into oxford, imperial, ucl but not kings... so i honestly dont know. straight A*s as well. maybe its extracurricular things. good luck for yours. glasgow, cardiff, newcastle (moved me to durham eww) you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noaah)
    I think I can relate haha the questions were really vague and I'm pretty sure a lot of the time I was waffling as vaguely as the questions posed to me! No point worrying about it now though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noaah)
    true. but i know two people who got into oxford, imperial, ucl but not kings... so i honestly dont know. straight A*s as well. maybe its extracurricular things. good luck for yours. glasgow, cardiff, newcastle (moved me to durham eww) you?
    UCL, Nottingham (nothing so far from both these) And Durham! (Interviewed in November) Kings interview is coming up next week.

Too bad they didn't offer you your choice at Newcastle. Did you accept Durham? What happens if you reject Durham, will they offer an interview at Newcastle?

What is your UKCAT score?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mukademy)
    You so obviously went on AceMedicine course, no?
    Yes, I'm guessing you did too then

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting really worried as I haven't heard anything from Kings yet - does anyone know when their final interview date is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by headbanger)
    I'm getting really worried as I haven't heard anything from Kings yet - does anyone know when their final interview date is?
    Woahh why are you worrying about final interview dates already!? It's only December!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ke299)
    Woahh why are you worrying about final interview dates already!? It's only December!!
    I know, I know, it's just that with everyone on this thread talking about how they've got interviews, I'm just wondering how much time I have before I can really start panicking

ReputationRep:
    I know, I know, it's just that with everyone on this thread talking about how they've got interviews, I'm just wondering how much time I have before I can really start panicking
    Yeah ok i know what you mean!

ReputationRep:
    We all are still in the waiting list mate

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    UCL, Nottingham (nothing so far from both these) And Durham! (Interviewed in November) Kings interview is coming up next week.

Too bad they didn't offer you your choice at Newcastle. Did you accept Durham? What happens if you reject Durham, will they offer an interview at Newcastle?

What is your UKCAT score?

Posted from TSR Mobile

my ukcat score was 2860, yours? theyre quite harsh with that. I have no idea but durham havent even invited me for an interview... how was yours?

ReputationRep:
    after your interview does kings only look at how well you performed in your interview to decide whether or not to give an offer or do they look at the whole application including the interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nana96)
    after your interview does kings only look at how well you performed in your interview to decide whether or not to give an offer or do they look at the whole application including the interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I asked a med student this at a campus tour in summer and she seemed to think they just look at interview performance but she wasn't 100% sure

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got any offers yet? I'm waiting to hear back from Kings so nervous, had my interview and gosh it was scary

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doctordee)
    Anyone got any offers yet? I'm waiting to hear back from Kings so nervous, had my interview and gosh it was scary

When was your interview ? How did it go

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.