Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Very sad for Derby. Can't quite believe it. Sucker punch *****es
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Gutting for Derby - Shame, I'd have loved to see that wheeler-dealer fail.

ReputationRep:
    Lol @ derby. Thank you QPR for Remy <3

ReputationRep:
    Undeserved by a mile, but a wins a win. QPR to come straight back down probably, Derby to be right up there next year. Football, eh?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Derby got exactly what they deserved. All the ball but did nothing with it. No creativity, never more evident than on the corners. Resorting to crosses all the time that were being defended easily. Very similar to Man Utd vs. Fulham.

ReputationRep:
    Well in QPR!

Good to have you back

ReputationRep:
    Can't believe they scored off their only shot on target in the game. Absolute smash & grab.

ReputationRep:
    By gum the worms are out of the woodwork!

ReputationRep:
    Derby should have won that, but they just didn't do enough with all of that build-up play after the sending off. And the goal was terrible, shouldn't have even been a chance.

I would have preferred Derby to win it to be honest. QPR are boring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    Gutting for Derby - Shame, I'd have loved to see that wheeler-dealer fail.
    Me too. I'd enjoyed a PL without Harry Redknapp and his ramblings.

Derby are a more enjoyable team to watch and they've got a good team so think they'll be favourites for automatic promotion next season. QPR will need to strengthen adequately and they'll have Remy so should survive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    Me too. I'd enjoyed a PL without Harry Redknapp and his ramblings.

Derby are a more enjoyable team to watch and they've got a good team so think they'll be favourites for automatic promotion next season. QPR will need to strengthen adequately and they'll have Remy so should survive.
    I doubt Remy will return to QPR next year... He's proven he's better than PL survival.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CraigWM)
    I doubt Remy will return to QPR next year... He's proven he's better than PL survival.
    Wheeler-dealer Harry will have a word with him, use his "charm".

But yeah, think they'll cash in on him but I can't see Charlie Austin banging the goals in the PL so Harry might persuade him to stay if no club offers them the money they want.

ReputationRep:
    For God sake that result disgusted me. Only good news is that Derby is a better away day, and someone, please give Richard Keogh some therapy!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    The only good thing about QPR going up is that they will probably try and buy Ashley Young.

ReputationRep:
    Feel so ****ing low right now.

All of the possession, all of the chances (Green made several good saves) and they score with their only shot on target from our captain's mistake. In the last minute too.

Anybody that says we didn't deserve to go up, in that game or indeed over the course of the season, is a straight up liar. Interesting how they're all fans of top half teams as well - United fans living in London and such.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scott129)
    Feel so ****ing low right now.

All of the possession, all of the chances (Green made several good saves) and they score with their only shot on target from our captain's mistake. In the last minute too.

Anybody that says we didn't deserve to go up, in that game or indeed over the course of the season, is a straight up liar. Interesting how they're all fans of top half teams as well - United fans living in London and such.
    I stand by what I said. The game is about sticking the ball in the net and you have to do that when you're completely dominating the game. If you don't and it comes back to bite you on the backside then I think you do get what you deserve.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by TheMagicRat)
    I stand by what I said. The game is about sticking the ball in the net and you have to do that when you're completely dominating the game. If you don't and it comes back to bite you on the backside then I think you do get what you deserve.
    The only reason they didn't get it in the net was because of a spectacular performance by Green and a cynical challenge by O'Neil. Even at 11v11 QPR were dour, awful and made no attempt to win the game. Derby were by far the better side and a QPR win was completely undeserved.

ReputationRep:
    The only reason they didn't get it in the net was because of a spectacular performance by Green and a cynical challenge by O'Neil. Even at 11v11 QPR were dour, awful and made no attempt to win the game. Derby were by far the better side and a QPR win was completely undeserved.
    Exactly.

Check out O'Neil's classy tweets after the game as well:

Gary O'Neil ‏@Gazoneil 4h

To the fans sending me abuse! I thought Russell was going to score and knew I was getting a red! But decided to do it to ... 1/2

Gary O'Neil ‏@Gazoneil 4h

..help the team and thankfully it worked out! First red in 15 years!! Worth it now tho eh? #ladssaiditwasagooddecision

Buck-toothed ****.

ReputationRep:
    That's why teams have keepers.

I wanted Derby to win because I don't think McClaren is held in as high regard as he should be and I'd rather not see Redknapp succeed because it will make people think he's great when he's not. I can't bring myself to show any sympathy for them though. As I said earlier I thought they lacked a bit of creativity, especially on corners. It was frustrating to watch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMagicRat)
    I'd understand what you were saying if we didn't create actually any clear-cut chances. But the only thing that stopped us getting at least a goal was Rob Green.

We were unlucky, no doubt about it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 20, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.