Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MASTER265)
    If Gaza stopped rocket fire the attacks will cease to exist and so Hamas has the defining move which could save lives yet they value their egotistical and political motives over anything else. If anyone doubts Hamas is a terrorist organisation they are idiots and so I side with Israel because terrorists such as these are sick and need to be eradicated by any means possible.

You must also not forget around 83% of the deaths were militant fighters so not an all bad figure.

See my last post above.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It was summed up well at the weekend.
    Israel uses its weapons to defend its children.
    Hamas uses its children to defend its weapons
    Making the concious cynical decision to site rocket launchers right next to schools and hospitals in the hope that it results in a major publicity coup

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FuzzehWolf)
    What is it all about though..? I can't find 1 article with the reasons, it's all "blah blah killed children on a beach". MHM? INNOCENT PEOPLE DYING IN FIGHTING? GEEEE NO? Kinda like when the UK killed all those children at a circus fair in Dresden in WW2 or America and its nuclear bombs. I love all of this "ew they're sick freaks" when they kill a handful of children but not when the west kills thousands of children. :x
    Yeah I agree, this has been going on for a long time so the origin doesn't seem too important to the media I guess as people are dying and they can't keep sweeping the issue under the carpet no more
    There are reasons organisations such as Hamas and Hezbula were set up
    The west I feel are jus dumbing it down a bit so it looks like a fair war (can there be such a thing?) so as to make people question sides whereas it is one sides,in which they're succeeding

Basically, from what I know, they said in the Torah they are told to return to their holy land which is supposedly Where Palestine stood. But Palestine was there so they got rid of the Palestinians, widened Jewish settlements.
    In the 40's Jews were a minority, today Palestinians are a minority in Palestine

There are rabbis that have openly condemned Israel as they say they're not supposed to return yet or something
    Which is why I say it's not all Jews, it's a select group of people. Zionists.

They have been living there, but since the 40's they've begun occupation like how the Brits did to the native Indians in North America..or as the Brits did in Australia to the native aboriginies

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well one group is a terrorist organisation and admits to this, whilst the other is not and actually targets civilians.

Both are wrong, nobody who supports Palestine supports Hamas. We support humanity.

ReputationRep:
    What is it all about though..? I can't find 1 article with the reasons, it's all "blah blah killed children on a beach". MHM? INNOCENT PEOPLE DYING IN FIGHTING? GEEEE NO? Kinda like when the UK killed all those children at a circus fair in Dresden in WW2 or America and its nuclear bombs. I love all of this "ew they're sick freaks" when they kill a handful of children but not when the west kills thousands of children. :x
    Also it's not a handful of children mate
    Anything they tell you are the death toll numbers,times that by 10 and I'm pretty sure that will be nowhere near close to the actual number of deaths that month or weak

Death is death,I sympathise with Jews regarding the holocaust,Syrians,Iraqis,Germans , Russians, Middle Eastern, American British, ,anyone that has lost loved ones in these wars/genocides

May they rest in peace.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darab_1496)
    Yeah I agree, this has been going on for a long time so the origin doesn't seem too important to the media I guess as people are dying and they can't keep sweeping the issue under the carpet no more
    There are reasons organisations such as Hamas and Hezbula were set up
    The west I feel are jus dumbing it down a bit so it looks like a fair war (can there be such a thing?) so as to make people question sides whereas it is one sides,in which they're succeeding

Basically, from what I know, they said in the Torah they are told to return to their holy land which is supposedly Where Palestine stood. But Palestine was there so they got rid of the Palestinians, widened Jewish settlements.
    In the 40's Jews were a minority, today Palestinians are a minority in Palestine

There are rabbis that have openly condemned Israel as they say they're not supposed to return yet or something
    Which is why I say it's not all Jews, it's a select group of people. Zionists.

They have been living there, but since the 40's they've begun occupation like how the Brits did to the native Indians in North America..or as the Brits did in Australia to the native aboriginies

Posted from TSR Mobile
    All this crap is about 'holy' land? Sigh... looks like we need to put more chlorine in the gene pool.
    Thanks for explaining it to me. ^^; I'm on neither side, they're both fighting over something completely ridiculous. I hope both sides use the limited amount of brain cells they have and create nuclear weapons and wipe one another off the face of the planet, it would only fix what natural selection must have missed.

ReputationRep:

Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    In the face of international law, your entire argument collapses.

United Nations General Assembly Resolution A/RES/33/24 of 29 November 1978:

“2. Reaffirms the legitimacy of the struggle of peoples for independence, territorial integrity, national unity and liberation from colonial and foreign domination and foreign occupation by all available means, particularly armed struggle;” (3)

United Nations General Assembly Resolution A/RES/3246 (XXIX) of 29 November 1974:

3. Reaffirms the legitimacy of the peoples’ struggle for liberation form colonial and foreign domination and alien subjugation by all available means, including armed struggle; …
    7. Strongly condemns all Governments which do not recognize the right to self-determination and independence of peoples under colonial and foreign domination and alien subjugation, notably the peoples of Africa and the Palestinian people; (4)

But then again, I don't believe Israeli's think international law extends them at all.

ReputationRep:
    In the face of international legislation, your argument collapses entirely.

“2. Reaffirms the legitimacy of the struggle of peoples for independence, territorial integrity, national unity and liberation from colonial and foreign domination and foreign occupation by all available means, particularly armed struggle;” (3)

United Nations General Assembly Resolution A/RES/3246 (XXIX) of 29 November 1974:

3. Reaffirms the legitimacy of the peoples’ struggle for liberation form colonial and foreign domination and alien subjugation by all available means, including armed struggle; …
    7. Strongly condemns all Governments which do not recognize the right to self-determination and independence of peoples under colonial and foreign domination and alien subjugation, notably the peoples of Africa and the Palestinian people; (4)

But then again, I don't believe Israeli's think international law extends them at all.

ReputationRep:
    All this crap is about 'holy' land? Sigh... looks like we need to put more chlorine in the gene pool.
    Thanks for explaining it to me. ^^; I'm on neither side, they're both fighting over something completely ridiculous. I hope both sides use the limited amount of brain cells they have and create nuclear weapons and wipe one another off the face of the planet, it would only fix what natural selection must have missed.
    Choosing not to support either is better than supporting Israel so ok.
    Palestinians aren't fighting for religious reasons

Also may I add, a lot of Arab countries got involved and the actual war was between them and Israel I guess
    A big chunk of Palestine was given to them in 1948 which caused wars etc so yh, many including myself deny the existance of the Zionist state of israel

Read this
    http://www.activistpost.com/2014/07/...flict.html?m=1

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Fact)
      In the face of international legislation, your argument collapses entirely.

I don't think international law matters much to any of the big countries. After all, the UN has shown itself incapable of enforcing, well, practically anything when it comes to the bigger countries.

Let's look at Syria, Ukraine, and Israel. The UN are basically nowhere.

Laws are only relevant as long as they can be enforced. If you can't enforce a law, you can pretty much ignore it.

ReputationRep:
      That is a big chunk of Palestine was given to the Jews and They kept occupying
      They've locked off humanitarian aid to the Gaza Strip.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Darab_1496)
      That is a big chunk of Palestine was given to the Jews and They kept occupying
      They've locked off humanitarian aid to the Gaza Strip.

Posted from TSR Mobile
      Okay, I'm on the side of the people that AREN'T fighting for 'holy' land and that are defending against the attackers that are wanting the 'holy' land. I usually always go with the people that are defending, as long as it's for a secular reason. XD

ReputationRep:
      I read what hamas wants for a ceasefire, they basically want freedom for Gaza. They want Palestine to control Palestine.

Not that much to ask for tbh, Israel obv won't agree as they want to control Gaza.

Before you guys hit me with replies please do some research about life in Gaza before this escalation.

ReputationRep:
      I support Israel's right to self defence. I support them whatever it takes and that includes wiping Gaza off the face of the map.

ReputationRep:
      Don't see any justification not to side with Israel tbh. They get attacked, they fight back.

The outrage against them is telling. How dare Jews, like, defend themselves? That's only for Muslims and Christians.

You should change the Gaza option to Hamas. Hamas are a terrorist group currently occupying Gaza. They blend in with the civilians and won't allow them to leave conflict zones, which has been widely reported. We shouldn't pretend like Hamas are the representatives of the people of Gaza. Hamas are terrorists and no more.

ReputationRep:
        GAZA. lets not forget about the occupied west bank as well

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by toonervoustotalk)
        Israel because they want ceasefire bit the Hamas do not agree.

Posted from TSR Mobile
        israels idea of a ceasefire
        - do whatever we say
        - we control your borders
        - no one can leave
        - you can't receive any aid

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Algorithm69)
        Muslims seem to be fine when they are killing other Muslims. But when it turns out dirty kafirs are killing Muslims they go completely off the rails. Ergo the hatred for Israel and Burma.
        No one claims ISIS, TTP and the Afghan Taliban to be liberal humanistic groups whereas Israel is the only developed country in the world which oppresses an entire people under a system of discrimination and abuse whilst claiming to be a liberal democracy.

Can you name another liberal democracy which herds people Warsaw Ghetto style and then bombards them every few years?

It is fairly clear from neutral sources such as almost every human rights organisation and the United Nations who the aggressor and the victims are in the conflict. And the complicity of Israel in murdering innocents purposefully and using human shields.

Submit reply
      TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2017
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
      Useful resources
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.