Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mike_123)
    You underestimate the competition at LSE. They could well be good enough it depends on the rest of their application, but I've seen people with incredible scores get rejected.
    Well that just demonstrates that they care more about the personal statement than having stellar UMS.

ReputationRep:
    Madness

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm now an expert on the current oil price and it's economic effect

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here preparing for a Cambridge interview? How are you preparing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have an offer from Warwick yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kohakz)
    Does anyone have an offer from Warwick yet?
    Me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mike_123)
    I know this was sarcastic but the latter part of your sentence holds some truth.
    Hahahahah, which means theres defo no hope for me haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JimmyElectron)
    Me!
    :eek:
    Well done!Your stats?

ReputationRep:
    Got an interview at Cambridge!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raymondrayz)
    Well done! Which college?

ReputationRep:
    got an offer from Nottingham yay!!!! in case i don't get any other offers, which do u think is better, nottingham or exeter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raymondrayz)
    Woo!!! Congratulations!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Could someone tell me whether Warwick or Nottingham require ums scores please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayTee97)
    got an offer from nottingham without UMS just told them my AS grades (AABC :/ )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonwinner)
    Sorry, those GCSEs and UMS percentages just aren't good enough
    hm well i thought LSE would have plenty of applicants with more than 90% for each module?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aditkulkarni)
    hm well i thought LSE would have plenty of applicants with more than 90% for each module?
    That is true, but as someone said previously and in previous years, people with very high UMS are still rejected due to the fact that the personal statement is the most important factor.
    That's not to say that high UMS won't help!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, sorry to hijack the thread but as many of you are applying to do economics at top unis and I want to do an economics degree. I just want your opinion on the a levels I'm choosing: Maths, Further Maths, Economics, Geography. Are these choices good enough for oxbridge lse or warwick and also I am good at history so will it be better to swap geography for history or is it fine?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SSpringer20)
    Hey guys, sorry to hijack the thread but as many of you are applying to do economics at top unis and I want to do an economics degree. I just want your opinion on the a levels I'm choosing: Maths, Further Maths, Economics, Geography. Are these choices good enough for oxbridge lse or warwick and also I am good at history so will it be better to swap geography for history or is it fine?
    They're fine. As long as you have Maths, FM and Economics, the fourth is an open option.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elisabeth1996)
    got an offer from nottingham without UMS just told them my AS grades (AABC :/ )
    So I might get an offer too.
    Got an A and 3 B's.
    Cheers for giving me hope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayTee97)
    got an offer from warwick without them asking for any information!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.