Turn on thread page Beta

American Football Talk II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'll go with the second one because I know some stuff about Oregon's offense and Michigan's defense (I think zone 100% of time, quarters and zone blitzes with either 2 deep 4 under, 3 deep 3 under or 2 deep 3 under).

Who are the best players/NFL prospects?

ReputationRep:
    Are TMU or the Dillan Panthers playing next weekend?

I want to see how Brian "Smash" Williams is doing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ooh. The Broncos just waived Montee Ball.

That must mean Kapri Bibbs has to land on the practise squad. RB depth, which was a position of strength isn't looking so good, but Montee didn't show as much as Juwan Thompson, Ronnie Hillman or CJ Anderson.

Elway must be kicking himself for not getting Eddie Lacy though.

ReputationRep:
    I think someone will pick him up. He's not great by any means but as an RB4 change of pace downhill runner he should find a spot somewhere a bit thin at RB.

ReputationRep:
    Braxton Miller...what utter filth. The Buckeyes have to have four candidates on their roster for the Heisman. That's insane.

(Original post by Wattsy)
    I think someone will pick him up. He's not great by any means but as an RB4 change of pace downhill runner he should find a spot somewhere a bit thin at RB.
    Looks like no one did thus far. He cleared waivers, and would have to go on the 53. I'm surprised that the Texans or Browns haven't made a call though...

Cowboys trading for Christine Michael was a good move. I thought that job was Randle's to take, but the backfield is crowded with running backs who have their own foibles.

Thank goodness Kapri Bibbs made it to the P.S. though. He's always shown more as a runner, in my opinion, but just needs to show more as a blocker to get snaps.

ReputationRep:

Some more Braxton Miller highlights...

ReputationRep:
    I saw that TD earlier, it looks like it came straight out of Madden except for he didn't get caught by a linebacker! It's a thing of beauty. Am I right in thinking he used to play QB? The Buckeyes are going to be tough to beat all season long with their talent.

ReputationRep:
    Rumours that mcfadden could be the starting RB for cowboys. Makes my lineup choice tough. Think I picked him up in the 11th or so. Could be great behind dat cowboys oline.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wattsy)
    I saw that TD earlier, it looks like it came straight out of Madden except for he didn't get caught by a linebacker! It's a thing of beauty. Am I right in thinking he used to play QB? The Buckeyes are going to be tough to beat all season long with their talent.
    Yeah, Braxton Miller was the QB. Talk about absurd riches.

He moved to WR, and now it seems that he's playing in a H-back role too. It's a shame that he's a senior, because he could have done with another year of growing at the WR position. It would be interesting if Ohio State have a full house package and use his arm in a half back option play.

Good QB battle heating up between Cardale Jones and J.T. Barett too. I think Barett is a bit more pro-ready right now, but he's a sophomore. If Jones leaves for the NFL, some team will take a shot on his upside, his arm, athleticism and big NFL size (6ft5, 250lbs) within the first couple of rounds. J.T Barett should be the leader of this team for a long time.

Ezekiel Elliot, would be at worst, the third back taken in the 2016 draft should he declare. He's only a junior but it's the size. Definite first-rounder, although, personally, I'd have Derrick Henry (JR) of Alabama, and Nick Chubb (SO) of Georgia just ahead of him. All three should be first rounders. Absolutely amazing running backs. I'm more excited about them than Melvin Gordon,and about the same as I was for Todd Gurley.

ReputationRep:
    The Jags will probably draft Miller regardless. Their roster currently has 8 QBs and converted QBs on (I think). They just can't get enough of them!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else watching NFL32 on Sky Sports News HQ today?

ReputationRep:
    I am. It's not started well as far as I'm concerned. We've had access to the Cowboys Communications Coordinator and Jack Crawford; I like Jack but he's a 3rd stringer regardless of his Britishness. They can't hype it up and give us this stuff. I would quite like to win the competition though so I'll keep watching for that. Jim's interview with Goodell's Veep is pretty good. He's asking questions that people actually want answered.

The Browns are skittled off with Manziel questions and Cleveland radio hosts! This is a frustrating joke. Get some real access if you want people to get into the sport. I suppose for people who are either just getting into it or don't track it over the offseason it might be good but for me who's listening to podcasts, watching preseason and keeping track of the news all of the time it is dreadful. It's not giving me any insight; I already knew Bono was a tosser before the trip to Dallas!

Falcons and the only access we have is the stadium. Evander Holyfield is a boss but he's a fan. His vendor job story is really cute but they've told me nothing about the Falcons and then Evander forgot what're had to say. I'm going to take a break because rolling news is not good to watch.

Panthers just checked in via satellite video link so Sky and Jim the clown have failed as far as I am concerned.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Brian Stork (C) just landed on the Pats IR Designated to Return with concussion! That is bad news both for Stork and the Patriots; concussions are such strange injuries and they can in this more informed NFL, prematurely end careers. I hope he gets back just fine but being put on the boomerang would indicate this is a particularly serious case of already serious concussion.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Trying to pick who to put in my flex. A bunch of risky players that could do awesome or terrible on my bench. Mcfadden, agholor, Crowell, white etc. I'm going to go either my gut then just ***** about it next week.

Tbh I'll be happy if I win any match ups this year in my rookie year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    AHAHAHAHA!

FOOTBALL BABY JUST TURNED AGAINST THE STEELERS! It went for the Pats!!

ReputationRep:
    Oh, **** yeah, here we go, it's back baby!

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely, shame it's a 1:30am though. I've got an all day birthday bender tomorrow so 4:30 bedtime would be ill advised.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone's getting paid!!!

Luke Kuechly got a 5 year, $62 million contract. Dareus got the biggest ever non-QB contract, Eli's finalizing a new four year deal.

Even Kam Chancellor might be back soon enough. Beast Mode turning up to practise with Kam's training jersey was big.

ReputationRep:
    Dareus is the best player on the Bills and he's at a premium position so he deserves his payday. Kuechly is the best player on the Panthers at a less premium position so the same applies. I'd be scared of Eli's contract though. It's a what have you done for me lately league and Eli hasn't done enough.

I hope Jags fans stop whining about trading Scobee now he's just totally shanked a 44 yarder, awesome guy but not an elite kicker.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.