Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coerce)
    Just out of curiosity are you Muslim or trying to learn?
    Muslim who has troubles with imaan

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Up quark)
    Muslim who has troubles with imaan

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh.. I'm starting to pray more, just never do out of laziness.. but I know Allah does exist.. have you researched the history of Islam? I personally don't dwell on it as much as I fear loosing the belief myself at this stage, cause I'm not fully on the deen as of yet.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes it makes me happy. This is probably more down to salat giving a structure to my day and it's a sort of exercise as well. I've read tafsir, I understand what I recite and I know the translations but i dont really appreciate what i say tbh. It does feel like a burden at times and also a sort of ritual because im so accustomed to it.

But i feel guilty for going away from the path of islam, that's the difference.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh I see. In general, the saddest thing about a Muslim is when he's spiritually dead. I don't know what else to say tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ankabout)
    Oh I see. In general, the sadness thing about a Muslim is when he's spiritually dead. I don't know what else to say tbh.
    May I ask what age were you started to read namaaz fully?

ReputationRep:
    May I ask what age were you started to read namaaz fully?
    Uhhh that's random. :confused: For me it was on and off to be honest. I became serious when I was a teen (around 16) if that's what you're asking.

ReputationRep:
    Uhhh that's random. :confused: For me it was on and off to be honest. I became serious when I was a teen (around 16) if that's what you're asking.
    Oh just of the tone you were using against up quark.. almost feels like hes being slated

ReputationRep:
    Oh just of the tone you were using against up quark.. almost feels like hes being slated
    Lol ok.

ReputationRep:
    lol

ReputationRep:
    Ahh.. I'm starting to pray more, just never do out of laziness.. but I know Allah does exist.. have you researched the history of Islam? I personally don't dwell on it as much as I fear loosing the belief myself at this stage, cause I'm not fully on the deen as of yet.
    I know a little bit but i've recently started reading a book about the seerah of the prophet (saw) to increase my knowledge
    Oh I see. In general, the sadness thing about a Muslim is when he's spiritually dead. I don't know what else to say tbh.
    You know.. I was watching this talk by good ol mufti menk and he said something that really struck me... Do you perform salah because you have to, or do you perform salaah because you want to?

What would be your answer to that question?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lol ok.
    What I'd expect ofc youre better than me, my opinion is invalid

ReputationRep:
    What I'd expect ofc youre better than me, my opinion is invalid
    No that is NOT true. What I said about being "spiritually dead" applies to me too. I had that phase and trust me it wasn't pretty. That's why I said "in general", it's the saddest thing to me. I wish all Muslims would feel peace.

ReputationRep:
    No that is NOT true. What I said about being "spiritually dead" applies to me too. I had that phase and trust me it wasn't pretty. That's why I said "in general", it's the saddest thing to me. I wish all Muslims would feel peace.
    Sorry I honestly, misunderstood what you were implying by that..

ReputationRep:
    You know.. I was watching this talk by good ol mufti menk and he said something that really struck me... Do you perform salah because you have to, or do you perform salaah because you want to?

What would be your answer to that question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Both I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K1NG93)
    Btw, did you manage to convince your parents about the beard thing :beard:
    Both I suppose.
    That's kind of cheating hehe. Which one would you say is more

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I honestly, misunderstood what you were implying by that..
    Well, if you have read Quantum's posts you'd know he doesn't believe and when I saw what he said "the preservation of prophets can easily be subjected to examination right here, right now. If a grave of a prophet were to be dug up right now, I would bet that it would be decomposed." it means he's clearly made up his mind and rejected a Hadith on Prophets' (peace be upon them) bodies not decomposing.

So that's what triggered the "interrogation".

ReputationRep:
    That's kind of cheating hehe. Which one would you say is more

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah, I pass sorry Quantum.

ReputationRep:
    Btw, did you manage to convince your parents about the beard thing :beard:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well yeah. I mean I do what I wanna do anyway. But my parents are always like they are against Muslims so they may attack you if you have a beard which in a way they are right but I'm not growing a molvi type beard anyway so I think I should be ok Insha'Allah.

ReputationRep:
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Incredible97)
    Ah, thank you, i mean Jazak'Allah.

It won't let me rep. :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I Procrastinate)
    Ah, thank you, i mean Jazak'Allah.

It won't let me rep. :unimpressed:
    Lol its okay.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Thanks for the follow lol

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 19, 2015
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.