Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gunner 124)
    im finding it hard to decipher how my interview went. I got asked barely any questions and the one on medical news lasted very long as the interviewer was very persistent. The interview was 15 minutes and i feel i didint get a chance to show my qualities or say half as much as i wanted to say . What are the chances of getting an offer?
    i think we all felt like that at the end, when i finished mine a medical student said most interviews only lasted around 15 mins anyway so i wouldn't worry. The chances are like 60-65% i believe.

ReputationRep:
    People who got an offer- when you said your offers came through at 22:01, do you mean the email form track, or do you mean when you logged into track it said it had updated at 22:01?

ReputationRep:
    im finding it hard to decipher how my interview went. I got asked barely any questions and the one on medical news lasted very long as the interviewer was very persistent. The interview was 15 minutes and i feel i didint get a chance to show my qualities or say half as much as i wanted to say . What are the chances of getting an offer?
    Don't worry, my interview was only 10 minutes and I was asked like 5 questions yet I got an offer last week, so the length of your interview isn't that important. If you were able to answer the questions, engage with them a bit and weren't particularly nervous then I think you should be fine.

You have a good chance of getting an offer from them after interview anyway, the interview is essentially there to make sure you really are as good as you look on paper.

(Original post by satiababu)
    People who got an offer- when you said your offers came through at 22:01, do you mean the email form track, or do you mean when you logged into track it said it had updated at 22:01?
    Track itself updated at 22:01, I got the email at 22:15

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by not you)
    Don't worry, my interview was only 10 minutes and I was asked like 5 questions yet I got an offer last week, so the length of your interview isn't that important. If you were able to answer the questions, engage with them a bit and weren't particularly nervous then I think you should be fine.

You have a good chance of getting an offer from them after interview anyway, the interview is essentially there to make sure you really are as good as you look on paper.

Wait, is being nervous at the interview a really bad thing that will count against you?

Oh God no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by not you)

Thanks, that does make me feel better!
    Btw, they said within 2 weeks I will receive my decision. How long do most people have to wait since having their interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by plsgivemeanoffer)
    Wait, is being nervous at the interview a really bad thing that will count against you?

Oh God no
    These are the things they judge you on, anxiety is one of the categories

Thanks, that does make me feel better!
    Btw, they said within 2 weeks I will receive my decision. How long do most people have to wait since having their interview?
    I had to wait 3 weeks since they were backlogged with interviews, but most people have received their decision within 2 weeks.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from last weeks interview? I had mine on the 3rd and haven't heard yet. I know it hasn't been two weeks but I'm just slightly worried coz i know people have heard in 7-8 days from the interviews that were held a week before mine. Has anyone heard from last weeks interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monblanc88)
    Has anyone heard from last weeks interview? I had mine on the 3rd and haven't heard yet. I know it hasn't been two weeks but I'm just slightly worried coz i know people have heard in 7-8 days from the interviews that were held a week before mine. Has anyone heard from last weeks interview?
    If its any consolation my daughter had hers the same day you did and hasn't heard yet either :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monblanc88)
    I had mine on the 2nd and I haven't heard back yet. Still playing the (extremely anxious) waiting game it seems

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeharr878)
    I had mine on the 2nd and I haven't heard back yet. Still playing the (extremely anxious) waiting game it seems
    Check again around 22 hrs this evening you may get a nice surprise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cocopops2006)
    Check again around 22 hrs this evening you may get a nice surprise
    Every evening this week has been me at 22:01 spamming refresh on the ucas track website! I couldn't be more anxious about the whole situation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeff548)
    Hey thanks very much,

That's very nice and caring of you. I will be applying this summer so next October hopefully

What were the interview stations? Was it just one interview and how long was it? Or was it one knowledge and one general interview?
    As far as I'm aware, Imperial doesn't do MMR, so just one station.
    Plus they don't expect medical knowledge from the candidates. If you had enough knowledge to score high enough on the BMAT, they think it would be more than enough for the course. But like i said, if you mention any technical things WRT your work experience, they will as kabout it.

ReputationRep:
    hi guys, I've just had my interview! does anyone know whether their decision for you depends solely on interview or not? because we've crossed all the academic hurdles to get to interview, so is their decision based on this? If for example the interviewers recommended you for offer, does it then go back to an academic board who then look over everything again? Thanks!! (PS has anyone received an offer lower than A*AA?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paulhongnz)
    As far as I'm aware, Imperial doesn't do MMR, so just one station.
    Plus they don't expect medical knowledge from the candidates. If you had enough knowledge to score high enough on the BMAT, they think it would be more than enough for the course. But like i said, if you mention any technical things WRT your work experience, they will as kabout it.
    I think you mean MMI, MMR is the vaccine and it would be pretty bad if Imperial didn't support that

And yes, unlike other subjects at Imperial, they won't ask any knowledge questions other than ethics so expect to be asked on general questions based around your PS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babsa)
    hi guys, I've just had my interview! does anyone know whether their decision for you depends solely on interview or not? because we've crossed all the academic hurdles to get to interview, so is their decision based on this? If for example the interviewers recommended you for offer, does it then go back to an academic board who then look over everything again? Thanks!! (PS has anyone received an offer lower than A*AA?)
    Afaik, your decision is made purely on interview unless you're a borderline interviewee, in which case the panel members would send your application off to one of the other admissions tutors who will review your entire application before making the final decision.

ReputationRep:
    anyone know how long it takes after interview to receive a decision? My interview was on the 9th

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lfcrules)
    anyone know how long it takes after interview to receive a decision? My interview was on the 9th
    2 weeks

ReputationRep:
    Anyone with interview on feb 2nd that has received a reply yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lfcrules)
    Mine came just over a week after my interview, but the timeframe is within 2 weeks. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    did everyone on hear receive a decision around 8-9 days after interview?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 5, 2016

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Teesside University
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.