Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medprospects)
    hey buddy had my interview Jan 14 and I'd say don't stress yourself out. everyone is really friendly and it won't do you good to over prepare. I can't tell you anything but just look over the general mmi and interview things like ethics, etc I guess. I know I can't be much help but just be confident- it's actually quite fun ahah.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks alot mate!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo.sat)
    25th Jan

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same, were you 9.15?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone had interview on 29th Jan and got an offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nerdygeek101)
    Im sure you will get in, you've done so well until now- you won't be let down. I really hope you do cause otherwise its unfair
    Aw thanks but things aren't looking super bright for me since people who interviewed a month later than me have already heard. Ah well, just have to wait now (probs until March?).
    You gonna firm king's? XD

(Original post by Amoey)
    Me too I'm really worried that they're going to reject me, because of how badly my one station went, but we have to remain optimistic.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same here, though I felt my interview went decently :/ Remember that one mess up on a station doesn't equal automatic rejection, so you could still get an offer? I've kinda given up on optimism- not hearing from both KCL and B'ham has made me fairly negative :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thechemistress)
    Aw thanks but things aren't looking super bright for me since people who interviewed a month later than me have already heard. Ah well, just have to wait now (probs until March?).

Same here, though I felt my interview went decently :/ Remember that one mess up on a station doesn't equal automatic rejection, so you could still get an offer? I've kinda given up on optimism- not hearing from both KCL and B'ham has made me fairly negative :lol:
    Have you heard back from Notts? Don't give up yet, you're just in both pools. B'ham and Kings have sent out rejections from our batches, so being in the pool is better than being rejected.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Like wirh oxbridge, there should be one day where everyone who's applied has to hear back from all the med schools they've applied to. Then you don't have applicants stressing for months unnecessrily tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blxckatoro)
    Like wirh oxbridge, there should be one day where everyone who's applied has to hear back from all the med schools they've applied to. Then you don't have applicants stressing for months unnecessrily tbh
    couldn't agree more...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blxckatoro)
    The reason why they make us wait lol:

There can be no true despair without hope.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Have no idea why your comment reminded me of this hehe.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=thechemistress;62553109]Aw thanks but things aren't looking super bright for me since people who interviewed a month later than me have already heard. Ah well, just have to wait now (probs until March?).

I'm going to wait for notts and manchester first. I know how you feel, I got rejected from Bham and got notification that kings portal updated a few hours later and I was in tears (two rejections in 1 day would break me.) I felt I did the same in both but you really can't tell. Praying for you! Tell us all when you get an offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DoctorPles)
    Same, were you 9.15?
    Nope I was 10.15

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amoey)
    Have you heard back from Notts? Don't give up yet, you're just in both pools. B'ham and Kings have sent out rejections from our batches, so being in the pool is better than being rejected.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    saw you on the birmingham thread. Have you got offer from bham??

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know chances after interview? Something like an interviewees / offer ratio? Or a applicant : interview : offer ratio? Just interested

Congrats to all who've received offers! The wait is not so fun haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oliviiaaaaa)
    Anyone know chances after interview? Something like an interviewees / offer ratio? Or a applicant : interview : offer ratio? Just interested

Congrats to all who've received offers! The wait is not so fun haha
    I believe they said after my interview that they were interviewing 900-1000 and that 400-450 would get places, but someone else feel free to correct me if I'm wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Had mine on the 14th of DECEMBER and I still haven't heard
    Same here haha, not heard from Birmingham or King's! (4th and 16th december) Have you heard from anywhere else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amoey)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nope, Notts won't get back to me until the end of Feb at the earliest, apparently :/ plus my Notts interview didn't go very well so I'm not expecting much.
    True- being in both pools is a lot better than being straight up rejected by both tbh XD

(Original post by nerdygeek101)
    I'm going to wait for notts and manchester first. I know how you feel, I got rejected from Bham and got notification that kings portal updated a few hours later and I was in tears (two rejections in 1 day would break me.) I felt I did the same in both but you really can't tell. Praying for you! Tell us all when you get an offer
    So glad you got your King's offer then, two rejections in one day really would have been horrendous D: Aw, thanks the minute I hear I will be spamming up TSR :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zintanax)
    Same here haha, not heard from Birmingham or King's! (4th and 16th december) Have you heard from anywhere else?
    Haha, both of your interviews were two days after mine- 2nd and 14th of December XD
    Nope, the only thing I've received so far is a rejection from Oxford and a biomed offer from Bristol. You?

ReputationRep:
    Haha, both of your interviews were two days after mine- 2nd and 14th of December XD
    Nope, the only thing I've received so far is a rejection from Oxford and a biomed offer from Bristol. You?
    Ahah that's so weird!
    OOh Bristol looks so cool, I would have applied there for med as it looks so nice but their application process was a bit confusing for me lol
    I have an offer from Camb (not sure how! ) but it's 3A* so, without sounding greedy, I really would love an offer from elsewhere. Good luck to you, I've seen you around on the ukcat thread, you really deserve it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zintanax)
    Ahah that's so weird!
    OOh Bristol looks so cool, I would have applied there for med as it looks so nice but their application process was a bit confusing for me lol
    I have an offer from Camb (not sure how! ) but it's 3A* so, without sounding greedy, I really would love an offer from elsewhere. Good luck to you, I've seen you around on the ukcat thread, you really deserve it

:O offer from Camb!! Well done, that's insane!! 3A*s though... That's a tough offer D: I'm assuming there's no leeway at all? So 2A*s and 1A would equal an automatic rejection?
    Haha, nah I wouldn't say it's greedy at all XD you definitely need an insurance choice for a 3A*s offer XD
    Aw thanks, that means a lot

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know anything about which accommodation is best location wise for medics? Was flicking through it and not sure what to look for

ReputationRep:
    :O offer from Camb!! Well done, that's insane!! 3A*s though... That's a tough offer D: I'm assuming there's no leeway at all? So 2A*s and 1A would equal an automatic rejection?
    Haha, nah I wouldn't say it's greedy at all XD you definitely need an insurance choice for a 3A*s offer XD
    Aw thanks, that means a lot
    Haha thank you!!! Yeah it's grim, I haven't dared to ask if they'd let me off in case they're like lol let's retract the offer! My fourth subject is French but they want the A* in bio chem and maths *sigh* Haha do post when you hear!! I'm hoping we'll hear something this week

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.