Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raimonds)
    So I've been holding an offer from Bath for a week now. It was a hard decision between Bath and Kent, but looks like I'm gonna go Bath if I get my grades. Who else is going there? Look forward to meeting you guys XD
    Hey I'm not sure whether to put Kent or Cardiff as my insurance, is Kent your insurance then? Im going to the open day at Bath on the 20th wbu?

ReputationRep:
    Hi.
    I have applied to Kent, MSA and Oxford Brookes. I sent my online portfolio four weeks ago and I haven't heard from any of them yet. I am getting a bit nervous. :/ Anyone else is still waiting for decision?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zzdevzz)
    I need help with my choices. I've applied to the Bartlett, Westminster, Coventry, Kingston and Oxford Brookes. I've received offers from 4 (not the Bartlett). I'm not rejected from the Bartlett however I'm pretty sure I've been rejected after this long wait. So what I wanted to ask is what's the best university for me to go for? In terms of what they want: Westminster (AAB) : Kingston (320 points). Coventry (unconditional) and Oxford Brookes is unconditional too.

What university would you guys recommend I go for? I mean in terms of my choices, I know with AAB i could've applied to some higher universities but Im pretty sure I wanted to stay around London. With the following exceptions in my choices.

What do you guys think is the best and will help in terms of the employment etc, would really appreciate some feedback. Cheers.
    II think out of all of those offers, westminster and oxford brookes are the most respected, have great employability and both have excellent facilities. I do think however that London is a better place to study architecture but that's just my opinion! Congrats on the unconditional offers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowie)
    I would personally rate Sheffield as the best university for architecture. It's very widely regarded and progressive, focusing on more literal/social problems.
    I would then put Kent next as it seems to be accelerating further towards one of the best architecture unis in the UK. It's impressively technological and they have a very modern way of teaching/learning with integration with mainly online portfolios etc. Being ranked 7th and 3rd in the UK in the main ranking tables says a lot considering the department is only 10 years old!
    Central Saint Martins is perhaps less well regarded and from my knowledge, graduates achieve (on average) lower degrees than the other two. But it does have the benefit of it being very creative and artsy.

I reckon mainly, the reason for choosing a university should be towards how well your interests fit with their focus. So at a glance I would say Sheffield is socially focused, Kent is very much in the middle and UAL is more creatively focused.

(I may be wrong^ but hope this helps!!)
    Hi Cowie,

I'm new here and I happened to read your interesting review on architecture at Sheffield. Btw, congrats on your Bartlett offer! Anyways, I'm in a bit of a dilemma as I've been offered Sheffield, Manchester & Kent (conditional AAA, AAA, AAB). I'm an international student & need to firm Sheffield or Manchester very soon. I would prefer a practical course compared to a theoretical one.

Would appreciate any advice. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatsme21)
    Hi.
    I have applied to Kent, MSA and Oxford Brookes. I sent my online portfolio four weeks ago and I haven't heard from any of them yet. I am getting a bit nervous. :/ Anyone else is still waiting for decision?
    Hey there,
    I sent off all my portfolios around Dec/Jan and both Kent/OBU got back to me within a couple of weeks with offers. I haven't applied to Manchester, but bear in mind that they will have a lot more applications to sort through due to them being a Russel Group. Also, the later you leave it to apply, the more applications the Universities will have to go through before they can get to yours (more people tend to apply closer to the deadline than when the applications open). Dont worry, and try not to get stressed out about it, just remember that they want to make sure they offer people the right offers, and it must be a lot of work! Hope you get into all three choices -Kent and OBU are my top two

ReputationRep:
    Got rejected from UCL after the interview. I am going to firm Manchester and put Nottingham or Cardiff as an insurance choice.
    What are your opinions about these choices ))

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your reply, I appreciate it and you've definitely helped me come to a decision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georgiev)
    Got rejected from UCL after the interview. I am going to firm Manchester and put Nottingham or Cardiff as an insurance choice.
    What are your opinions about these choices ))
    So sorry to hear that! May i ask when you had your UCL interview and when you heard about the rejection? And an offer from Cardiff is amazing! You definitely have good alternatives, well done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zzdevzz)
    So sorry to hear that! May i ask when you had your UCL interview and when you heard about the rejection? And an offer from Cardiff is amazing! You definitely have good alternatives, well done.
    Well, my interview was on 10th of March and heard from Bartlett early today! It was great opportunity to meet these people and to see the atmosphere in the Bartlett. Manchester is my desired choice so we go on with it! ))

ReputationRep:
    Hi is anyone still waiting to hear from Bath or Cardiff?

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently torn between firming Nottingham or Kent, potentially insuring Huddersfield as they offered me an unconditional if I firmed them, all of the universities offered me AAB and I'm scared I might just miss the mark. Any recommendations or is anyone else applying to the same universities?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard from glasgiw school of art?

ReputationRep:
    I applied for Bartlett too but haven't even heard from them about an interview! Could this possibly because I'm a mature student and we get replies a bit later?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elizacatarina)
    Got an offer from The Cass (London Met), thoughts? Good school?

I applied for Bartlett too but haven't even heard from them about an interview! Could this possibly because I'm a mature student and we get replies a bit later?
    I am a mature student as well and I haven't heard from them about an interview either... Glad to hear someone in the same situation with me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AuroraSara)
    I'm currently torn between firming Nottingham or Kent, potentially insuring Huddersfield as they offered me an unconditional if I firmed them, all of the universities offered me AAB and I'm scared I might just miss the mark. Any recommendations or is anyone else applying to the same universities?
    I have applied to both of them however I cant decide whether i should put nottingham or sheffield for firm and if kent should be my insurance choice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maeanne)
    Hi Cowie,

I'm new here and I happened to read your interesting review on architecture at Sheffield. Btw, congrats on your Bartlett offer! Anyways, I'm in a bit of a dilemma as I've been offered Sheffield, Manchester & Kent (conditional AAA, AAA, AAB). I'm an international student & need to firm Sheffield or Manchester very soon. I would prefer a practical course compared to a theoretical one.

Would appreciate any advice. Thanks!
    Ooo hard choice.. They are both incredible places to study architecture! I have found most architecture courses rely very little on theoretical studies and more heavily on practical!
    I would probably (personally) choose Manchester because I prefer the city, but from my knowledge they are both fantastic, so either way, you'll be going to a brilliant uni!
    and thanks by the way^

Alll the best

ReputationRep:
    How quickly does UCL respond back after interview? I had my interview on the 15th of March

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Storm2323)
    How quickly does UCL respond back after interview? I had my interview on the 15th of March
    They say it usually takes them 2-3 weeks after the interview to sort a decision out. But sometimes it might take longer due to the large number of applicants which is really likely since the got an interview in April while on the guideline it says that they usually end their interviews in March, hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how long it takes Nottingham to get back to you after you have sent them your portfolio?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adds24)
    Does anyone know how long it takes Nottingham to get back to you after you have sent them your portfolio?
    I didn't even get a portfolio request LOL. They asked me a couple of weeks ago for some transcripts as I'm international but after that nothing

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 4, 2017
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.