Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA A2 Mathematics MPC3 Core 3 - Wednesday 15th June 2016 [Official Thread] Watch

ReputationRep:
    How do you find max rate of growth when you have dy/dx?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yo12345)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENow3pHtocs

ReputationRep:
    Is there a list of shapes on the syllabus that you could be asked to make out of vectors, cause I know 7 and 3 of them are squares. -#prayforsquares

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yo12345)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Differentiate it again. Make it equal to zero and rearrange.

ReputationRep:
    I'm so scared for this exam. I was feeling fairly confident (and very confident for core 3...) but after how that exam turned out I'm just dreading what sorts of questions could come up...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callumbwg)
    Is there a list of shapes on the syllabus that you could be asked to make out of vectors, cause I know 7 and 3 of them are squares. -#prayforsquares
    None on the syllabus exactly because we should know it from GCSE. I would recommend looking at (areas + general facts)

Rhombi
    Kite
    Parallelogram
    Trapeziums

and the good ol' squares and triangles

ReputationRep:
    c'mon guys its getting to 10,000 supporters now
    https://www.change.org/p/aqa-lower-g...edium=copylink

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bartbarrow)
    None on the syllabus exactly because we should know it from GCSE. I would recommend looking at (areas + general facts)

Rhombi
    Kite
    Parallelogram
    Trapeziums

What is the difference between a rhombus and a parallelogram may I ask?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mowerharvey)
    What is the difference between a rhombus and a parallelogram may I ask?
    parallelogram has 2 pairs of parallel sides
    rhombus doesn't. Rhombus also has 2 pairs of angles which are equal to each other and opposite each other i think
    also parallelogram parallel sides are of equal length, and i think all the sides of a rhomubs are equal length

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bartbarrow)

Rhombi
    Kite
    Parallelogram
    Trapeziums

Too late too learn all that now .... Them shapes have sailed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callumbwg)
    Too late too learn all that now .... Them shapes have sailed
    If a shape ABCD has an angle that isn't 90 degrees and all the vectors (AB, BC, CD, DA) are the same length then it's a rhombus. 90 degrees its a square. All I know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mickel_w)
    parallelogram has 2 pairs of parallel sides
    rhombus doesn't. Rhombus also has 2 pairs of angles which are equal to each other and opposite each other i think
    also parallelogram parallel sides are of equal length, and i think all the sides of a rhomubs are equal length
    A rhombus is a parallelogram. But a parallelogram is not necessarily a rhombus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ano123)
    A rhombus is a parallelogram. But a parallelogram is not necessarily a rhombus.
    bit like all transition metals are d block elements but not all d block elements are transition metals. God I hate transition metals

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vilifyme)
    bit like all transition metals are d block elements but not all d block elements are transition metals. God I hate transition metals
    Exactly. Also like how all squares are rectangles, but not all rectangles are squares.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jlrose1)
    Could you explain the concept of a 10% quartile please? I am a parent, not a maths student, so I don't understand that.
    errr, there is no such thing. A quartile is a 25% chunk. 10% is 10%. nobody knows what he means.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to everyone on the core 4. I think a lot of us are going to need it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pablo Picasso)
    It's mathematical ingenuity.
    I really do think you should spend some time learing how to ma friends and influence people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vilifyme)
    Good luck to everyone on the core 4. I think a lot of us are going to need it!
    praying it's an easier paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackmclean)
    I really do think you should spend some time learing how to ma friends and influence people
    I guess the argument that a lot of people think they deserve a A or A* because they spend a few weeks memorising mark schemes from past papers is sort of a valid one - although he was just being a massive douche about it.

(Original post by Arima)
    praying it's an easier paper
    With the mood AQA are in this year I doubt it. Wouldn't be surprised with an out of spec vector question.

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone tell me how to do June 2015 6c?

Also, in vector equations when you have to square the vector, why do we usually have to do that in a typical question? Whats the purpose of that?

Thank you

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.