Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by Jamie Vardy)
    Just to clarify: IGCSEs are easier qualifications sat by the less able students in some comprehensive schools. Initially, though, they were sat by international students. Most grammar schools tend to undertake GCSEs.
    False False False.

"Cambridge IGCSEs are tailored for a multi-cultural, multi-lingual audience in a way that UK GCSE examinations are not. Grade for grade they are aligned to the standards of the UK GCSE, and this has always been recognised as the case by ‘users’ of the qualifications. UCAS and Universities in the UK and overseas recognise IGCSE qualifications as equivalent grade for grade with UK GCSE qualifications. Whilst some Cambridge IGCSE teachers would suggest that some Cambridge IGCSE subjects are more demanding than their UK equivalents, this is a subjective perception and is not a view endorsed by Cambridge International Examinations."

ReputationRep:
    Just to clarify: IGCSEs are easier qualifications sat by the less able students in some comprehensive schools. Initially, though, they were sat by international students. Most grammar schools tend to undertake GCSEs.
    That's what I thought too because the lower sets in my year took igcse English and maths

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    bs.
    They are usually taken by the generally 'smarter' private schools, and international students.

IGCSEs were introduced in 1988 and are internationally recognised qualifications. Candidates can sit IGCSE examinations all over the world. Offering over 70 subjects, IGCSEs are taken in over 120 countries. IGCSEs do not include coursework. Similar to GCSEs, they are perceived by some as academically more rigorous, and for this reason have recently been adopted by over 300 independent schools in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    It is because IGCSE has a Core segment for weaker students. The max you can get for Core is a C and it is really easy. The other segment, Extended, is much harder than GCSEs and you can get an A* as the maximum grade. I think the students at your schools took core.

ReputationRep:
    I really wish I could get an A in at least one GCSE, I've worked so hard. It'd be a dream

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sahil19)
    I'm in London tonight, so I don't know if I'll be back for the midnight countdown.. Feel free to take over if I'm not back in time!
    so basically, you're allowing people to take over the throne tonight?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XLittleSparrowX)
    I really wish I could get an A in at least one GCSE, I've worked so hard. It'd be a dream
    Hopefully, a dream come true

I think the only thing I didn't get an A was in Art. A person with Parkinson's could draw a stick figure better than me.
    English literature is also subjective, so could be like a C, even though I think I did well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ColossalAtom)
    I think the only thing I didn't get an A was in Art. A person with Parkinson's could draw a stick figure better than me.
    English literature is also subjective, so could be like a C, even though I think I did well.
    Let's hope you do well

(Original post by extraordinaire)
    Hopefully, a dream come true
    Let's hope so

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi there😀

ReputationRep:
    I just hope the grade boundaries for B1 and P2 turn up low...though I'm pretty excited about the release of the GB

ReputationRep:
    I guess I'm the only one here doing 17 gcse's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trollface54)
    17?! Which ones are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    17!?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ...strong username to post ratio or nah

ReputationRep:
    I'm here to revive the thread, half an hour of silence :u

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just want a 20 piece chicken nugget share box from McDonald's on GCSE results day.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Im only doing 12? You were joking about 17 right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    HHighest I've seen is 14

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Same here, 17 seems too much

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.