The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

And again.... saving my GW.
@sr90 I thought you had Holebas too? One booking away from suspension but freekicks and corners for a 4.5 defender who also loves to shoot is worth considering imo.

His 15 beat my 12 from 7 players yesterday. 4 for Friend and 3 for Capoue has also slightly saved me.

We go again.*
36 points with 2 to play. Austin comes to the rescue and Friend gets 2 BPs despite being on the losing side.
Whoever this is from TSR must be raging :lol:

After some shocking weeks for me, I'm happy with 73 points with Shaw still to play. Sigurdsson's 9 points on my bench is annoying though.

Captain Austin :yy:
Original post by Everglow
After some shocking weeks for me, I'm happy with 73 points with Shaw still to play. Sigurdsson's 9 points on my bench is annoying though.

Captain Austin :yy:

You think 9 points on the bench is bad?

Allen on my bench has 16 which to put in perspective is more than half of my GW score alone...
Whoever this is from TSR must be raging :lol:

9k also triple captained Aguero. Such a waste using in a single gameweek.

Your score this week was insane. Everybody else has failed miserably too so ranking wise it must be amazing.

So grateful to Holebas. 34 this week with 15 from him.*
Got holebas 1st sub in this team after going all out attack with diomonde. Banter
Original post by little_wizard123
9k also triple captained Aguero. Such a waste using in a single gameweek.

Your score this week was insane. Everybody else has failed miserably too so ranking wise it must be amazing.

So grateful to Holebas. 34 this week with 15 from him.*

I just looked and my GW rank is 3,810 - so yeah, pretty decent. :biggrin: If only I'd played Sigurdsson instead of Capoue.*

I seriously needed a good gameweek though - I've had some awful ones recently. Thanks to this week I've gone from rank 72 (IIRC) to 61. :dance:

Triple captaining a player in a single player isn't always a waste. I got 32 points from doing that with Aguero last season I think.
Original post by Lúcio
70 points...

Please leave.

I only just noticed you posted this. :lol: #73pointsandrising

Bad luck for you having Allen on the bench!
(edited 7 years ago)
I only just noticed you posted this. :lol: #73pointsandrising

Bad luck for you having Allen on the bench!

It's my own fault about Allen - I checked on Friday and saw he had a hamstring injury so I assumed he'd be out. Should've played him anyway and had him subbed out if he was injured.

I've had him for the last month or so and he's been benched for every goal he scored... :frown:
Baines returning any time soon?
Only 1 BP for Valencia is annoying. Badly needed that extra 10 points though.

37 isn't too bad considering I had -3 from two of my strikers and another player didn't start.

Glad this absolutely atrocious week is over.
40 points all out.

Next week please...
46 points, despite having a terrible Saturday.
Ugh 22 points was pretty ugly
Typical, I bench the defender least likely to get a cleansheet (Valencia) and he's the only one who gets one.
Original post by Sephiroth
Typical, I bench the defender least likely to get a cleansheet (Valencia) and he's the only one who gets one.

Meh, it wasn't totally unpredictable though - everybody acted like we'd win 4-0 but seemed to forget that Mourinho is quite happy to park the bus if it means he gets a draw or steals a win.
Original post by Lúcio
Meh, it wasn't totally unpredictable though - everybody acted like we'd win 4-0 but seemed to forget that Mourinho is quite happy to park the bus if it means he gets a draw or steals a win.

Being quite happy to do it and actually doing it are completely different. Almost nobody would have realistically expected either team to keep a clean sheet, never mind both!

Stones > Lovren looking like such an obvious transfer for next week

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
Being quite happy to do it and actually doing it are completely different. Almost nobody would have realistically expected either team to keep a clean sheet, never mind both!

Stones > Lovren looking like such an obvious transfer for next week

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't expect a clean sheet but I did expect a low scoring game.

I did DDG -> Karius to fund getting Shaw in defence....then he got injured immediately.

Lovren is the best option you can have for Liverpool really; I just don't have the funds to make the changes.

Latest