[2017] Fastest and slowest offer senders!

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    Got a Warwick offer - G103 Maths

ReputationRep:
    I applied last Friday (7th October) and Manchester gave me an offer by the Monday evening (10th October) for Politics & IR.
    I've also applied to St Andrews, KCL and SOAS for IR and Oxford for PPE but they haven't replied yet.

Apparently St Andrews takes quite a while though, one of my friends was accepted but didn't hear back until March!
    I'm guessing its because there's a large amount of Americans who apply and they tend to put in applications later than we do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bonjourhill)
    I got one from UEA today too! And they offered me unconditional if I put them as my firm choice.
    Nice ✋
    You obviously read the email properly 😉, we just were pleased she had the conditional on track that we didn't catch the offer until later

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got an offer for Physics from anywhere yet?
    The wait is making me so anxious!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cloudinthesky)
    Nice ✋
    You obviously read the email properly 😉, we just were pleased she had the conditional on track that we didn't catch the offer until later
    Hahaha yeah I made sure to read the whole thing 😂

ReputationRep:
    Sent my UCAS off last Friday, got unconditional from UoBirmingham today to do Modern Languages and Music so I think they're pretty quick!

ReputationRep:
    Got a conditional offer (AAB for law) from Surrey less than a day after my application went which was an insanely quick turnaround - amazingly happy though 😊

ReputationRep:
    Got an ABB Music offer from Royal Holloway - sent mine off on Wednesday! Pretty snappy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngB89)
    What subjects?
    Primary education/early childhood studies

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got anything from Loughborough or Bristol yet for engineering degrees?
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    So the 2017 UCAS cycle is now on us! At the moment a lot of us are in the middle of having a mental breakdown of how hard Year 13 is, writing our personal statements, pestering/bribing our teachers for our predicted grades and some of us are just weeks away from sending our applications off!

^Current mood

Which universities do you know of that are making offers the quickest this year (for your course and/or in general)?

Opening UCAS and seeing you got an offer like ^

Or do you know of any universities that are really taking their time with their offers and causing a mini panic ?

What life feels like when you have all your offers apart from that one uni you really want to go to ^

List of unis giving offers down below!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    So after scouring the pages and missing out on the US Presidential debate (cheers to the idiots who told me to do this ) Here are the unis that have been giving out offers so far as of 10/10/2016

-Newcastle
    -Bath
    -Bristol
    -Southampton
    -Liverpool
    -UCLAN
    -Greenwich
    -Nottingham
    -York
    -Swansea
    -Royal Holloway
    -Surrey
    -Edinburgh
    -Cardiff
    -Warwick
    -Birmingham
    -Portsmouth
    -Queen Mary, University of London
    -Kent
    -Surrey
    I'll be updating the list every evening and good luck to everyone!

Spoiler:
    Show
    Unis I'm applying for:

Nottingham- English and French- Received reply..-
    Glasgow- English Language and Literature- Received reply...-
    Stirling- English- Received reply-
    Swansea- English Lang and Lit- Received reply...-
    Bournemouth- English- Received reply...-
    Thanks for le inspiration thecatwithnohat

ReputationRep:
    So far I have an offer from Warwick which came about a week after I applied

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iman305)
    Has Anyone got any law offers yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got an offer from Surrey, but only acknowledgement from oxford, QMUL - nothing from UCL and KCL yet!! x

ReputationRep:
    So far I've had offers from Birmingham, Nottingham and UEA which all came this week and I'd sent my application last week

ReputationRep:
    HAS ANYONE GOT OFFERS FOR EITHER OXFORD/IMPERIAL (obviously not yet) KINGS (for maths) and UCL LSE (Maths/Econ)???

Sent mine off 30th of September with all As and AS and 99% average in fmaths modules and havent got any while people in my school are getting unconditional offers from elsewhere just makes me feel rlly bad of myselfㅁ😭

ReputationRep:
    Yay my application is up and running!!!! Anyone heard of anyone getting offers over the weekend?? can't stop refreshing my page lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 17lina)
    HAS ANYONE GOT OFFERS FOR EITHER OXFORD/IMPERIAL (obviously not yet) KINGS (for maths) and UCL LSE (Maths/Econ)???

Sent mine off 30th of September with all As and AS and 99% average in fmaths modules and havent got any while people in my school are getting unconditional offers from elsewhere just makes me feel rlly bad of myselfㅁ😭
    Don't feel bad!! You've literally applied to the most competitive uni's who are obviously gonna take longer to consider your application - with those grades you'll definitely get an offer, so chill!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AJP98)
    Wales
    Whereabouts? I've got my heart set on Swansea and also applied to Aberystwyth!

ReputationRep:
    Oh I'm from the North, nearer to Bangor but not that close, I am literally avoiding Wales like the plague. As soon as I finish school, I'm running away to somewhere that isn't full of racism, sheep and rumours!

(Original post by ImagineCats)
    Whereabouts? I've got my heart set on Swansea and also applied to Aberystwyth!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by espicton98)
    Have you had an acknowledgement email from Leeds? I applied two days ago and haven't received a welcome email or anything as of yet.
    Nothing from Leeds, did have Northampton tonight though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AJP98)
    Oh I'm from the North, nearer to Bangor but not that close, I am literally avoiding Wales like the plague. As soon as I finish school, I'm running away to somewhere that isn't full of racism, sheep and rumours!
    My sister went to Cardiff and all her north welsh friends said the same thing! One girl had to move unis to leave the rumors bc even though moving down south was away from north, everyone still knew her

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 9, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.