Depression Society MkII Watch

This discussion is closed.
*pink_sapphires*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
CONGRATULATIONS LAUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! :hugs:
How are your brother and sister-in-law? And how is the new baby boy? Does he have a name?

Sorry I wasn't here for people last night. Was at my friend's house. Was really nice to be invited We sat and watched half a dozen chick flicks and ordered in pizza

B+M - I'm so sorry about your experience. I'm glad you're ok now though. It must have been terrifying. I know I couldn't go through something like that and come out being the same person I used to be, so let's hope that this will help you move onwards and upwards. So glad your family are supporting you. :hugs:

hope everyone is ok? I'm going swimming today Need to lose weight!
upturnedpalms
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Bangers+Mash)

upturnedpalms, sorry to hear about the past few days being rough, we are all here if you want to talk or rant just to help get things off your mind and straighten your thoughts

hope everyone is doing ok this weekend
I can't talk about it really, it would take me about an hour to explain the full backstory and I'm not sure I should anyway. But some pretty horrible stuff has happened.
Bangers+Mash
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by upturnedpalms)
I can't talk about it really, it would take me about an hour to explain the full backstory and I'm not sure I should anyway. But some pretty horrible stuff has happened.
hey :hugs: thats ok, i hope you can find somebody maybe you can just talk to like a friend, and try to take things easy, sorry to hear that your having a tough time.

we are all here for you, hope you'll be ok :hugs:
upturnedpalms
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
hey :hugs: thats ok, i hope you can find somebody maybe you can just talk to like a friend, and try to take things easy, sorry to hear that your having a tough time.

we are all here for you, hope you'll be ok :hugs:
Thank you :hugs:
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
as always, feel free to PM me hun :hugs:
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
bangers and mash, sorry to hear what you went through. You seem like a pretty decent guy, most people round here are awesome people for some reason depression seems to strike the nicest people I can see. er...basically hi. :p:

Hi also everyone else, hope you're getting on ok.
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
hey Saber. I'm good thanks. Swam 40 lengths of the pool which was more than I thought I was capable of! How are you?
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by *pink_sapphires*)
hey Saber. I'm good thanks. Swam 40 lengths of the pool which was more than I thought I was capable of! How are you?
Wow that's really good

I'm not great, mum keeps screaming at me because I dared ask her to stop making disparaging remarks about my dad to me all the time. Feeling down, voices telling me to hurt myself but it's been a few hours and I've not cut which is progress.
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Oh and laus, does your nephew have a name yet? congrats. :cheers:
Bangers+Mash
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hi sabertooth, sorry to hear you're feeling down, try and talk to your mum if you can, it seems unfair on you because you obv are having to deal with your own feelings without anyone else causing you to feel down , Stay determined and keep busy to silence such thoughts of self harm, it's good that you can say you have made progress so now its all about maintaining that attitude and determination.

wow pink_sapphires, do you feel good in yourself after going swimming aswell and doing 40!
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It's not that it makes me feel down directly more (it's the her being nasty now which is), it's just that he's my dad and I don't want to be *****ed at all the time (seriously it's been non stop since I saw him over the weekend) about what a horrible father he is etc. I'm in the right, right? :s

But thanks yeah I'm trying so hard to make progress, have to go to uni in sept so only have a couple of months.

How're you feeling today?
Bangers+Mash
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
you are in the right, i would feel just the same in that position.

Good, im glad you are looking positive to the future and trying really hard.

Im feeling good today, after the event the other night, its a new start for me, im gonna go out all guns blazing to help myself, visit to GP and Psychiatrist tommorow though :/

I hope things get better for you tonight, and keep trying hard it will be worth it
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Thanks. I hope the psychiatrist and gp go well for you tomorrow.

You were on prozac right? I had a pretty bad reaction to that, horrible stuff. The waiting lists for CBT and counselling can be pretty long so maybe a different drug might be a good idea?
upturnedpalms
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
you are in the right, i would feel just the same in that position.

Good, im glad you are looking positive to the future and trying really hard.

Im feeling good today, after the event the other night, its a new start for me, im gonna go out all guns blazing to help myself, visit to GP and Psychiatrist tommorow though :/

I hope things get better for you tonight, and keep trying hard it will be worth it
:hugs: Well done, that's a really good attitude to have. Good luck tomorrow.
Bangers+Mash
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Sabertooth)
Thanks. I hope the psychiatrist and gp go well for you tomorrow.

You were on prozac right? I had a pretty bad reaction to that, horrible stuff. The waiting lists for CBT and counselling can be pretty long so maybe a different drug might be a good idea?
Thanks,
yeah, i was on prozac, never again, i was o.k..just mildly depressed when first started them...but then came mood swings and constant paranoia and allsorts along with severe depression...so i think maybe they could be to blame with me. i dont know what to do now though...i might just stay off medication.

:hugs: Well done, that's a really good attitude to have. Good luck tomorrow.
Thanks how are you now this evening?
upturnedpalms
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Thanks,
yeah, i was on prozac, never again, i was o.k..just mildly depressed when first started them...but then came mood swings and constant paranoia and allsorts along with severe depression...so i think maybe they could be to blame with me. i dont know what to do now though...i might just stay off medication.

Thanks how are you now this evening?
Not great. This is the sort of thing that isn't just going to sort itself out. I'm basically just screwed until I can go back to school. Roll on September 3rd.
Laus
Badges: 13
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by *pink_sapphires*)
CONGRATULATIONS LAUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! :hugs:
How are your brother and sister-in-law? And how is the new baby boy? Does he have a name?
Thank-you :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Joel:

Spoiler:
Show

:^_^:
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Saber - well done on not cutting Yeah, Mums can be difficult when it comes to Dads! My Mum is constantly putting my Dad and my brother down, and although I tend to agree with what she's saying, it can cause an unnecessary tension. I often wonder why she bothers saying things. I'm sure she'd feel much better if she didn't go on about them 24/7!

B+M - Yeah, I do feel good because I rarely actually go and do these things! I say I want to lose weight and I want to do these things but then when it comes to it, I never do But today I've even refrained from eating chocolate! (well, a few poppets may have been eaten around 1am, but since I woke up, I've been free from choccie!)

I can't believe I've done so much today on such little sleep! I managed to wash up at my friend's, come home, go swimming, come home, wash up, cook dinner, lay the table (al fresco which meant finding the garden chairs and carrying them from the summer house to the patio) and wash up again. Ok, so it doesn't sound like that much, but to me it is

I'm setting myself a challenge. My room MUST be immaculate before I'm allowed to see the boy this week and go to his leaving do. I know it's the kind of thing Mum would say to me to do if I'd done something wrong, so I'm going to make it immaculate so she can't use it as a punishment and not let me go out!
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
Thank-you :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Joel:

Spoiler:
Show

:^_^:

AWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!! He is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute! Look at his little ears!!!! And he has hair!! AWWWW!!! Congratulations Auntie Laus!!!! :hugs:
Laus
Badges: 13
Report 10 years ago
Sister-in-law is still in hospital but is on the mend (she had to have a caesarean, bless her heart). Just spoke to my brother; he's smitten (who can blame him?!) . Going to see them sometime this week!

He weighs 8 pounds something.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (342)
37.75%
No - but I will (72)
7.95%
No - I don't want to (64)
7.06%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (428)
47.24%

Watched Threads