Turn on thread page Beta

I'm Wonderful and I'm Single Society VI watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Wow, i still find it strange people have to lie or bend the truth for these sorts of things. I mean I can just say 'mum i'm going to *placename* for a few days, see you later' and she'll be fine with that. o.O

Perhaps my family is just odd.

ReputationRep:
    I'm an only child of slightly older parents who have a very overprotective side. Plus they worry a lot more with me being a girl than they would if I was a boy...which is a bit rubbish.

My mum likes details and a list of phonenumbers pinned to the noticeboard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgia)
    I'm an only child of slightly older parents who have a very overprotective side. Plus they worry a lot more with me being a girl than they would if I was a boy...which is a bit rubbish.

My mum likes details and a list of phonenumbers pinned to the noticeboard.
    aw =( That sucks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olileauk)
    aw =( That sucks.
    Yep. I mean it's nice that they care and all, but they do go a wee bit far sometimes.

And they bring out the old 'if you're living in my house you live under my rules' thing if they want to assert authority etc etc

ReputationRep:
    Well, wherever we end up, we're making it June/July-ish time? That's cool, hopefully we can find a day when everyone is free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgia)
    Yep. I mean it's nice that they care and all, but they do go a wee bit far sometimes.

And they bring out the old 'if you're living in my house you live under my rules' thing if they want to assert authority etc etc
    :hugs: that's a bit rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, i still find it strange people have to lie or bend the truth for these sorts of things. I mean I can just say 'mum i'm going to *placename* for a few days, see you later' and she'll be fine with that. o.O

Umm.. has it always been like this tho.. Or is just cos youv'e grown up now.. sorry that sounds mean. I mean your older
    Edit :Full of typos

ReputationRep:

It's the curse of over protective parents. Every time I go home, I get told "Liverpool is dangerous" and my mum says "don't walk the streets alone at night", "mind your drink" is also a common one :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinklemonade-xo)
    Umm.. has iut always been like this tho.. Or is just cos youvce grown up now.. sorry that soiunds meam. I mea your older
    It's always been like that. For years. Anyway, i'm hardly old - i'm 20.

(Original post by Irrelevance)
    It's the curse of over protective parents. Every time I go home, I get told "Liverpool is dangerous" and my mum says "don't walk the streets alone at night", "mind your drink" is also a common one :rolleyes:
    Seems I'm pretty lucky then. Wow. I really thought these days most peoples parents were like mine. =/ oh well. Guess its cause i'm used to everyone at uni.

ReputationRep:
    Seems I'm pretty lucky then. Wow. I really thought these days most peoples parents were like mine. =/ oh well. Guess its cause i'm used to everyone at uni.
    Yeah...some independance would be a nice birthday present in December. Have your parents always been willing to let you go places by yourself to meet up with people? Or is it more of a "coming of age" thing?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah...some independance would be a nice birthday present in December. Have your parents always been willing to let you go places by yourself to meet up with people? Or is it more of a "coming of age" thing?
    Been pretty much forever. I never even got the 'People off the internet can be dangerous' talk: my mum just let me go places and do stuff. First time i ever just did it i must have been 16, maybe a bit younger. I forget, that was a long time ago.. =/

ReputationRep:
    Been pretty much forever. I never even got the 'People off the internet can be dangerous' talk: my mum just let me go places and do stuff. First time i ever just did it i must have been 16, maybe a bit younger. I forget, that was a long time ago.. =/
    Must have been nice...are you the youngest in your family?

ReputationRep:
    It's always been like that. For years. Anyway, i'm hardly old - i'm 20.
    No,your not. But you are older than me :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Alot happened in four years too ?
    xx

ReputationRep:
    Must have been nice...are you the youngest in your family?
    I'm an only child.

Alot happened in four years too ?
    xx
    Yeah...

ReputationRep:
    I have a wii fit!

ReputationRep:
    You're very lucky - total freedom at only a year older than me.

Tbh I can't see my parents truly letting go until I graduate and move out for good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melana)
    I have a wii fit!
    I'm hankering after one Yum Yum

ReputationRep:
    I'm hankering after one Yum Yum
    It's awesome. I shall have to wait to see if it keeps my motivation but I'm well up for it and I've done more exercise today than I have in about a month.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melana)
    It's awesome. I shall have to wait to see if it keeps my motivation but I'm well up for it and I've done more exercise today than I have in about a month.
    Mm. I thought this. I didnt keep up with the brain training cos I dont really have time, but I keep putting off goign for a run regulary but maybe that would get me into the spirit. If it fails anyways, then you've always got it for friends gatherings that are always funny to watch.

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.