Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Heyyy... ive got catered ensuite at GMs. Just wanted to know what the accommodation is like and how the food is?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emma2095)
    I only really know of John Foster, there's Bowder Court in GMS which offers self catered ensuite but I think that these are more expensive! I'm currently living in an catered ensuite room in GMS, so feel free to ask any questions! ������
    Heyyy... ive got catered ensuite at GMs. Just wanted to know what the accommodation is like and how the food is?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Before anyone thinks of taking a room at CODE know first that many people have had issue with it this year. I've lived there and had nothing but problems. On the front they seem like a great place to live, great company, as the rooms are big, comfy, etc etc, but for starters they started building next to the current building around January. There was no warning this was gonna happen, we weren't told before we moved in, but it started and hasn't stopped since, going from 7am every morning Monday to Saturday. It's ridiculously noisy, especially in exam period, and when it's warm (and trust me those rooms get uncomfortably warm) and you open your window the noise gets ridiculous.
    They flat out lied on their advertising about how near the universities they are (I actually emailed ASA about this and they've withdrawn it since, a note is going to go on the ASA website on the 28th May). They're actually a 25 minute walk from University of Leicester, not 10 as it previously said on the advertising.
    Generally on the surface they look like a good company, but before you decide to move in just look at some reviews first.

ReputationRep:
    Heyy, I am currently just about to finish my first year at University and I live in Beaumont Halls so if you have any questions then I would be happy to help ... I also know a little bit about Digby and I am catered if anyone has any queries about being catered

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessicalouisee_)
    Heyy, I am currently just about to finish my first year at University and I live in Beaumont Halls so if you have any questions then I would be happy to help ... I also know a little bit about Digby and I am catered if anyone has any queries about being catered
    Hey would you happen to know annything about the accomadation rooms in the Beaumont house itself? (how big they are, if there nice, if its sociable, etc). Also what are the common areas like in Beaumont house, are there quiet study areas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liz4444)
    Hey would you happen to know anything about the accommodation rooms in the Beaumont house itself? (how big they are, if there nice, if its sociable, etc). Also what are the common areas like in Beaumont house, are there quiet study areas?
    I have never been in Beaumont house itself but I would assume the rooms would be of a standard size, also Beaumont is a very social place to be in Oadby but it does depend on who you live with, I'm in a block and there are about 30 girls upstairs and about 25 guys downstairs.

People do tend to study around Beaumont bar area which can be quiet but other times not so much. You should be ok in your room to study though and also during exam period there is a 24 hour no noise policy which is currently happening. I find studying in my room fairly quiet

ReputationRep:
    Is Gilbert Murray Stamford split between sexes? Gilbert Murray for women and Stamford for men?

ReputationRep:
    Heyyy, are you at gms hall ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Id and Ego seek)
    Is Gilbert Murray Stamford split between sexes? Gilbert Murray for women and Stamford for men?
    Heyyy are you at gms too ?

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys!
    I'm a future first year international student from Canada, for law
    I'm moving to Leicester with my friend, and we both got into Shirley House but we can't find anything about it ANYWHERE?
    Anyone got any info?

ReputationRep:
    Hey!
    I'm moving to Leicester with my friend, and we both got into Shirley House but we can't find anything about it ANYWHERE?
    Anyone got any info?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily9990)
    Hey!
    Anyone got any info?
    Hey there!

I am also from Canada going for Law in September. I am actually staying in my own flat really close to the UNI.

I have a bunch of friends who have went or are finishing there. They have given me soo much info and help. Let me know if you need to know anything.

Where in Canada are you from? I am in Calgary

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily9990)
    Hey Guys!
    Anyone got any info?
    As far as I know, it's catered and at least some of the rooms are ensuite, its fairly big and if you google (at least on google.co.uk) 'Shirley house oadby' its the first picture to come up
    http://www2.le.ac.uk/offices/accommo...House.jpg/view
    Theres a big patch of grass out the back, and its near the big Lasdun block, and close to Jofo out the front, and near a post box.
    I know girls living there, but not sure if guys do too

ReputationRep:
    no.
    some blocks/houses are single sex, some are mixed, across both sites

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosiesaurus)
    no.
    some blocks/houses are single sex, some are mixed, across both sites
    How do you find out which is which? Is Kent House single or mixed?

ReputationRep:
    How do you find out which is which? Is Kent House single or mixed?
    Theres no way of telling except to find housemates on facebook
    This year Kent is mixed, probably will be next year cause its pretty big. It may change depending on boy/girl numbers and number of people who request to be in single sex

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone! I'm going to be studying at Leicester for the first semester starting in September but I will only be there until December as I am a study abroad student from Miami. I have a room in beaumont hall but it's like everything I find online is vague and I'd love to hear more personalized opinions on the hall! Thanks !

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennifer Brown)
    I'm in Digby at the moment and it isn't as bad as everyone makes out - there are twenty six people in my block, so as you can imagine, it's incredibly social which kinda makes up for the lack of facilities - like a dining room!

It's split into houses and blocks - four being all male residences. The rooms are generally okay, they aren't massive but to be honest most people don't spend a lot of time in them anyway.

The blocks don't have a common room, or a large kitchen in which everyone can meet (as they are catered) but the foyer works for most of us.

Though some of people I live with didn't have Digby as their first choice of accommodation, all have said that they wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

I would recommend, if possible, that you visit all of the residences. You'll know which one is for you just by seeing it. In the meantime if you have any questions about the accommodation, or about the University in general, don't hesitate to ask.

P.S. I have pictures of my room and the foyer if you want to see what they are like?
    Hey I've been allotted Digby Hall Inglewood..I'm wondering how it's going to be.. Any tips?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessicalouisee_)
    Hey I've been allotted Digby Hall Inglewood for this Sept.. I'm clueless on how it looks and the facilities..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bazinga94)
    Hi everyone,
    I haven't seen all the comments before but I watched this thread last year and am now getting notifications that this thread is quite active.
    I am a first year in Digby Hall and I absolutely love it there so I advise you to apply for Digby Hall if you can, it's honestly the best value for money block (if it's still the same price as it was when I applied last year!). It's also the closest to ASDA which is honestly more of an issue than you think as you will probably be making a lot of trips to there at random times so it helps to be close.
    All of my friends who live in different blocks have said it is the nicest block they've seen and I agree with them.
    If you have any questions then feel free to message me or reply to me on this thread
    Hey I'm from Singpore & will be staying at Digby from this Sept.. Do you have any pictures of the rooms??

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.