Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Take Me Out - Series 2 Discussion Thread Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tucking Fypo)
    lmao :rofl2::toofunny::jester:

Black swagga. :afraid:
    Lol, not all of us are like her.

Her manner of speaking gets to me. I'm sure there are mellow black girls who are not rough around the edges who might have applied to the show but weren't chosen to appear because they didn't stand out like her. I know that I wouldn't have made it onto the show had I applied.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stray_talk)
    White Witch, bit more harmless
    A witch is a witch, there's no point in sugar coating the term with white.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jklmn)
    You sound naive... Witches don't exist, but people who think they are do, otherwise known as idiots.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wicca

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babygirl110)
    A witch is a witch, there's no point in sugar coating the term with white.
    I couldn't agree more, unfortunately most people aren't informed enough about the religion to know what the word actually means without a lengthy explanation and the assumptions they make on hearing the word witch are generally nothing to do with what is intended. For some reason the word white witch has been chosen by society, it's what I get asked most often when I tell people I'm a witch, "Are you a white witch?" and it's what ITV preferred to use. It's not a term I use myself at all. The majority of people in the UK also have no idea what wiccan means, so it's not useful as an alternate correct term either.

I loathe the term white witch, it's meaningless. Besides the only white witch I tend to think of is the one from the CS Lewis books and she was hardly a pleasant character!

Marysia

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marysiak)
    I couldn't agree more, unfortunately most people aren't informed enough about the religion to know what the word actually means without a lengthy explanation and the assumptions they make on hearing the word witch are generally nothing to do with what is intended. For some reason the word white witch has been chosen by society, it's what I get asked most often when I tell people I'm a witch, "Are you a white witch?" and it's what ITV preferred to use. It's not a term I use myself at all. The majority of people in the UK also have no idea what wiccan means, so it's not useful as an alternate correct term either.

I loathe the term white witch, it's meaningless. Besides the only white witch I tend to think of is the one from the CS Lewis books and she was hardly a pleasant character!

Marysia
    You're a witch?

Can I ask where you get your powers from? Just curious.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.