Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NFL talk? Questions about American football? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Who are the most successful team? I need to know who to support.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Patriot)
    Fair enough.

I've always been interested in reffing, but it's not something I have looked into deeply. As with many things, it's impossible to imagine how difficult/complex a role is until you are on the inside. NFL refs are pretty good compared to for example premier league refs.

I played for Birmingham Bulls last year. I don't have enough spare time now what with A-Levels. I will start again at Uni presuming they have a team.
    BAFRA are making a big push for referees, maybe wait until uni and see how much time you have. You get paid £25 a game for your first ten games and then £40 a game after that. You also get travel expenses.

Bulls are decent side, which uni are you heading to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeorgieBoy)
    Over the past decade the most consistently successful teams have been the New England Patriots, the Indianapolis Colts and the Pittsburgh Steelers. The draft system and salary caps mean that you avoid the Premier League style rich clubs and decades of dominance. The worst teams get the first picks in the draft to try to even things out.

ReputationRep:
    The Carolina Panthers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hedgeman49)
    BAFRA are making a big push for referees, maybe wait until uni and see how much time you have. You get paid £25 a game for your first ten games and then £40 a game after that. You also get travel expenses.

Aye the Bulls are up and coming. Youth had a poor season last year but they're on the up this year. Improved coaching/training and lots of new players.

That sounds cool! I shall look it up.

As for Uni, I haven't applied yet seeing as I am AS, but Durham sounds vvvv interesting :P

ReputationRep:
    I have faith in Ryan. He doesn't have the nickname "Matty Ice" for nothing
    See what I'm getting at?
    Of course never disagree he has great potential and his home record is rather stunning, I was hoping he would break his run of bad play off luck this year but the ice always melts then lol, but your right plenty of time

if you are serious then thats the last thing to pick off, go from team colours, location, name anything but that

The Carolina Panthers.
    If you are insistent on picking off ability then yes go for the panthers like The Patriot says

ReputationRep:
    Aye the Bulls are up and coming. Youth had a poor season last year but they're on the up this year. Improved coaching/training and lots of new players.

That sounds cool! I shall look it up.

As for Uni, I haven't applied yet seeing as I am AS, but Durham sounds vvvv interesting :P
    If you want to actually play football I would strongly recommend not going to Durham. :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:

Did you get involved in ref'ing through your uni club or separately? I'd love to be involved in some way but having a slightly dodgy elbow I really don't think its safe to actually play :moon:.

If you want to actually play football I would strongly recommend not going to Durham. :p:
    Hey, our team seems to win sometimes :beard:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mithra)
    Did you get involved in ref'ing through your uni club or separately? I'd love to be involved in some way but having a slightly dodgy elbow I really don't think its safe to actually play :moon:.

Hey, our team seems to win sometimes :beard:.
    I got involved separately - go to BAFRA.org and check it out if you're interested. They are pretty desperate for new officials up north.

Durham didn't win any games this year, their record in the games they actually played was 0-6 and they only scored 26 points (and conceded 140). They also didn't fulfil two of their fixtures. They were pretty much the laughing stock of the league this year.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    I got involved separately - go to BAFRA.org and check it out if you're interested. They are pretty desperate for new officials up north.

Durham didn't win any games this year, their record in the games they actually played was 0-6 and they only scored 26 points (and conceded 140). They also didn't fulfil two of their fixtures. They were pretty much the laughing stock of the league this year.
    Interesting, will definitely have a look at that :beard:. Having seen some of the guys who are in the team I'm not surprised by those results :p:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greg1989)
    Of course never disagree he has great potential and his home record is rather stunning, I was hoping he would break his run of bad play off luck this year but the ice always melts then lol, but your right plenty of time

if you are serious then thats the last thing to pick off, go from team colours, location, name anything but that

If you are insistent on picking off ability then yes go for the panthers like The Patriot says
    this.

ReputationRep:
    ouch. ok then haha

ReputationRep:
    Over the past decade the most consistently successful teams have been the New England Patriots, the Indianapolis Colts and the Pittsburgh Steelers. The draft system and salary caps mean that you avoid the Premier League style rich clubs and decades of dominance. The worst teams get the first picks in the draft to try to even things out.
    Steelers are the best team!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nikhilkumar192)
    No they're not.

ReputationRep:
    No they're not.
    yes they are. who do you support?

ReputationRep:
    yes they are. who do you support?
    Who do you think? (cough profile pic, cough username)

ReputationRep:
    As a Ravens fan I strongly disagree, but it's just a matter of time before they fall apart because they're so old so I'm not too worried!

ReputationRep:
    Bulls - 3-0 baby!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimbles)
    Bulls - 3-0 baby!!!
    not bad haha. not bad at all :L

ReputationRep:
    As a Ravens fan I strongly disagree, but it's just a matter of time before they fall apart because they're so old so I'm not too worried!
    haha first game of the season! (if it happens)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.