Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZizAli)
    A question I would love to answer on behalf of Arsenal Football Club.

This man Theo Walcott will go down as one of the worst players ever to put on the red jersey. He is completely out of his depth. He has no footballing brain and has no potential to improve his technique either. He is awful.
    Who would you rather us play there then?

ReputationRep:

This man Theo Walcott will go down as one of the worst players ever to put on the red jersey. He is completely out of his depth. He has no footballing brain and has no potential to improve his technique either. He is awful.
    He's not that bad.

I'm sure you were bumming his contribution to the team when he played better, eg Chelsea or Barca (2nd leg) :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by newlife)
    He's not that bad.

I'm sure you were bumming his contribution to the team when he played better, eg Chelsea or Barca (2nd leg) :rolleyes:
    Barca 2nd leg? Where he nearly stuffed the Bendtner assist and did absolutely nothing the rest of the game? You must be referring to the 1st leg where he came of the bench and scored (although I've watched that match over and over and can assure you it was the worst finish that has ended up in the back of the net I've ever seen). Chelsea? A team that has kept 2 clean sheets in 15 games, their defence is a shambled right now, Walcott took advantage.

His contribution? A goal against Chelsea, a dive against Leeds, a hat trick against Blackpool and one other goal for half a season. Poor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ar5enal Fan)
    Who would you rather us play there then?
    Considering the lack of depth at Arsenal, nobody. If we play 4-5-1 then VP upfront with Song, Diaby, Fabregas playing central and Arshavin and Nasri taking the sides sounds good to me. That is if Arshavin would pull his finger out. I'm not a fan of Wengers 4-5-1 either but he has built a (weak) squad for it, we can't play 4-4-2 anymore.

ReputationRep:
    Barca 2nd leg? Where he nearly stuffed the Bendtner assist and did absolutely nothing the rest of the game? You must be referring to the 1st leg where he came of the bench and scored (although I've watched that match over and over and can assure you it was the worst finish that has ended up in the back of the net I've ever seen). Chelsea? A team that has kept 2 clean sheets in 15 games, their defence is a shambled right now, Walcott took advantage.

His contribution? A goal against Chelsea, a dive against Leeds, a hat trick against Blackpool and one other goal for half a season. Poor.
    Could have been the 1st leg, then. Doesn't matter how he scored, he still played well in that match and put the ball at the back of the net.

And, Chelsea are still a tough team to beat at home, they aren't West Ham all of a sudden. You're ruling a players development out when he's what, 23? and claim he's one of the ''worst players to put an Arsenal shirt on''.. you had Pascal Cygan wearing the shirt too:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Tbf, Cygan scored 2 headers in one match against Wigan, the bald ****.

Oh well. Now we need to perform against Leeds away, make sure we beat West Ham, and then thrash the Tractor Boys at home. We should be able to do this, we are going through a dip in form - every club has them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Panthalic)
    I don't get how this is a story tbh, whoever it is. A single bloke has it away with 3 Swedish blondes. That's not a scandal, that's a TrueLad post.
    :five:

Went on there just now and it looks ****e? When did it change, looks sold out.

ReputationRep:
    This is golden material here, what a statement.

My view on Walcott: Awful finishing, awful passing, two good runs in the match but we all knew what would happen once he had the ball at feet...nothing.

Goal.com view on Walcott: Three words: poor, final, ball. Despite his thrust and guile, the end product once again let him down. Went down rather easily looking for a penalty after the restart, perhaps Mr Atkinson heard his post-match comments after the Leeds game... Rating: 6.0 (Same as Eboue Gibbs and Fabregas)

Marcus view on Walcott: Best player on pitch.

My view on Koscienly: Liability at the back, hesitant when confronted, generally poor.

Goal.com view on Koscienly: Lapses of concentration went unpunished, as he struggled to deal with Edwards' driven deliveries. Made the ultimate sin by allowing the ball to bounce, but once again Djourou came to the rescue. Rating: *FLOP OF THE MATCH* 4.5

Marcus view on Koscienly: 2nd best player on pitch. Calm, composed and strong.

I know everyone is entitled to an opinion, and Goal.com is by no means a source which must be obeyed, but when you make such stupid statements I have to pull you up on it.
    Using Goal.com as a trusted resource is foolish and unwise - I could equally go with the Sky Sports analysts who said Koscielny was excellent last night (which I believe he was).

I don't see how Goal can even think about giving Eboue a 6, he was distinctly appalling last night.

My statements aren't 'stupid', they were my take on the game, not just in the sense of how they played individually, but how they played tactically, and as a team player.

It's quite simple, of our forward three Walcott was the only player who wanted the ball to do something with (and did), Bendtner and Arshavin were shooting every time they received it.

That said, I still maintain that the result isn't altogether unsurprising, given that Ipswich were as impressive as we were lethargic, and I fully expect the side to turn it around at home.

I've just looked at those ratings, and disagree with most of them, even the Ipswich ones. Priskin has only been given an 8 because he scored one, other than that he lost the ball about 60% of the time when it was punted up to him. Jamie Peters was Ipswich's best player, dealing with the threat of Gibbs very well indeed. As far as I cxan see they've got the centre-back ratings in the wrong place for Arsenal - I'd have given Eboue 4.5, Djourou 6.0 and Kos 6.5.

ReputationRep:
    Enjoy last night lads? I certainly did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noam Chomsky)
    Enjoy last night lads? I certainly did.
    It's been done mate, don't milk it. :yy:

I was watching it with two of my mates who are Ipswich fans and all I have to say is I'm glad you didn't make more clear-cut chances, because Wickham and Priskin offered more as a combination than Arshavin and Bendtner did.

Good luck for the return leg, but don't expect a miracle.

ReputationRep:
    Just seen this one -

What's the difference between Arsenal and Heather Mills?

Arsenal can still rely on their second leg.
    :gah:

ReputationRep:

Totally disagree there and trust me I've been one of those Walcott bashers all season..the guy may lack a football brain but at least he tries..which is much more than B52 and denilson..and if it wasn't for the keeper he may have netted.. You can see his game is improving and last night wasn't it funny that as soon as he got the ball he had 3 men on him..i think you should vent your anger at wenger who was tactically inept and tried to be casual..thinking sticking cesc and Walcott on would make us runaway with the game when on Saturday only the fact that Leeds were tiring and our home pressure gave us that penalty..priskin was offside for his goal though so I expect us to get some sort of vital decision in our favour sometime in the games to come

ReputationRep:

Why are you so negative most of the time :confused:

Do you support arsenal??

ReputationRep:
    Considering the lack of depth at Arsenal, nobody. If we play 4-5-1 then VP upfront with Song, Diaby, Fabregas playing central and Arshavin and Nasri taking the sides sounds good to me. That is if Arshavin would pull his finger out. I'm not a fan of Wengers 4-5-1 either but he has built a (weak) squad for it, we can't play 4-4-2 anymore.
    How can you constantly criticse Walcott, yet go on about Diaby as if he's a great player? Diaby has a few good performances a season and the rest of the time he's either awful or injured. Having Wilshere or hopefully Ramsey soon enough in the middle three would be a lot better option and I'd much rather have Walcott playing than Arshavin, not only does Walcott look better offensively at the moment but he also puts pressure on the opposition and tracks back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emanuel_arsenalfc)
    Totally disagree there and trust me I've been one of those Walcott bashers all season..the guy may lack a football brain but at least he tries..which is much more than B52 and denilson..and if it wasn't for the keeper he may have netted.. You can see his game is improving and last night wasn't it funny that as soon as he got the ball he had 3 men on him..i think you should vent your anger at wenger who was tactically inept and tried to be casual..thinking sticking cesc and Walcott on would make us runaway with the game when on Saturday only the fact that Leeds were tiring and our home pressure gave us that penalty..priskin was offside for his goal though so I expect us to get some sort of vital decision in our favour sometime in the games to come

The bit in bold is the trouble with Walcott. Story of his career.

The first time I came in here I criticised Bendtner and I was branded a fool. I then criticised Denilson and was branded a bigger fool. I then went on to criticise Wenger and I was completely ridiculed by this community. Now I'm being told to do exactly what I did before. The trouble is I'm ahead of you guys. Wengers tactics were appalling last year, I've given up criticising his tactics, team selection and substitutions a long time ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ar5enal Fan)
    How can you constantly criticse Walcott, yet go on about Diaby as if he's a great player? Diaby has a few good performances a season and the rest of the time he's either awful or injured. Having Wilshere or hopefully Ramsey soon enough in the middle three would be a lot better option and I'd much rather have Walcott playing than Arshavin, not only does Walcott look better offensively at the moment but he also puts pressure on the opposition and tracks back.
    I stand by my views. Diaby will grow to be a great player. He is already a very good player, soon he will be great.

ReputationRep:
    You criticise Walcott yet call Diaby 'a very good player' lol In the similar quantity of games Walcott has made a better contribution to Arsenal than Diaby has yet he's 3 years younger. Diaby is just as brainless as Walcott

ReputationRep:
    I rate Theo highly tbh. I think the extra dimension he brings to our game completely ****s up the other teams game plan, i.e Cole being useless for Chelsea because he has Usain Bolt ready to catch him on the break. Theo needs to improve his crossing and I think if he can do that he will be a top class player, give him a chance.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think anyone in here has ever rated Denilson highly as an Arsenal player. I certainly never have.

We've had so many better options than Bendtner that whether he is good or not should be irrelevant - he shouldn't be making the starting line-up until he proves he can score.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.