Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    I can't unclench my right hand. Half the skin is ripped off. Stupid rowing. I'm not really sure what to do about it. The reason I'm posting this here is because I expect some of you might have some first aid advice :p: I don't think simply a plaster would work. Usually I'd live with it, but an excessively large amount of skin came off.
    Without seeing it my advice would be; clean it well. Savlon or similar if you have it. Leave it to heal. Avoid irritants or dirt. MIU/WIC/A&E (in that order) if worse.

How'd you know my surname? :holmes:
    I'd sort your facebook privacy out.

Also, does anyone from Barts know anything about the guy who allegedly ended up in Bangladesh after taking a drunk trip last night/yesterday/something like that? One of your rowers overheard me talking to my friend on the train to rowing about last night so he started talking to us and then he got a phone call from someone sayng he didn't need to be there because someone was in Bangladesh. I found it amusing, but bizarre.[/QUOTE]Nothing on my facestalk...

ReputationRep:
    How'd you know my surname? :holmes: Apologies if there's a fairly obvious reason for this, I'm just curious and probably a bit dense because of my awful hangover.

Well if you ever find yourself in an awful road accident or something and I happen to be there you're not getting any help from me :hand: (ironically, I really can't do the hand thing at the moment so that'd be more of a fist)

Also, does anyone from Barts know anything about the guy who allegedly ended up in Bangladesh after taking a drunk trip last night/yesterday/something like that? One of your rowers overheard me talking to my friend on the train to rowing about last night so he started talking to us and then he got a phone call from someone sayng he didn't need to be there because someone was in Bangladesh. I found it amusing, but bizarre.
    I probably shouldn't have typed it on here, apologies. (EDIT: Just removed it. :yy:)

I wouldn't want help from an alcoholic anyway! :teehee:

Loool, nah haven't heard anything about that, nothing on facebook about it either. :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    quick question, when presenting your examination findings we are told to give positives and negatives - surely it would take far too long to list all negatives?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by win2kpro)
    I probably shouldn't have typed it on here, apologies. (EDIT: Just removed it. :yy:)

I wouldn't want help from an alcoholic anyway! :teehee:

Loool, nah haven't heard anything about that, nothing on facebook about it either. :holmes:
    No worries at all :p: I'm probably the least privacy paranoid person in the world. Was curious how you knew though. Still am. :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    Without seeing it my advice would be; clean it well. Savlon or similar if you have it. Leave it to heal. Avoid irritants or dirt. MIU/WIC/A&E (in that order) if worse.

I'd sort your facebook privacy out.
    Cheers for the advice. I'm slightly paranoid because thames water isn't exactly clean. It'll probably be fine though. There was no blood and it's not even massively painful unless I stretch it too much or get salt in it.

I didn't think it was even possible to find me on facebook without previously knowing my surname :holmes: Unless you go through the networks.

ReputationRep:
    Signed off, hit the pub at around 4...funtines. Recovered now. Was not particularly happy when my housemate woke me up at 10 in the morning. Hmm need to think about iBsc now...

Tripe is nice btw

Also, just listening to Question Time - the number of morons in the world, jesus wept.

ReputationRep:
    No worries at all :p: I'm probably the least privacy paranoid person in the world. Was curious how you knew though. Still am. :holmes:
    There's a very simple explanation, though I'd rather keep you mystified. :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by win2kpro)
    There's a very simple explanation, though I'd rather keep you mystified. :mmm:
    I'm sure there is, that's why I feel so dense at the moment and mystifying me is just mean :p:

ReputationRep:
    Cheers for the advice. I'm slightly paranoid because thames water isn't exactly clean. It'll probably be fine though. There was no blood and it's not even massively painful unless I stretch it too much or get salt in it.

I didn't think it was even possible to find me on facebook without previously knowing my surname :holmes: Unless you go through the networks.
    I was fairly surprised when we met...On a serious point, keep it clean, if you want a relatively quick fix, go to RM, or go to clinical skills centre, they have all the kit you could want and they'll fix you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wangers)
    I was fairly surprised when we met...On a serious point, keep it clean, if you want a relatively quick fix, go to RM, or go to clinical skills centre, they have all the kit you could want and they'll fix you
    Surprised about what? :p:

Good plan actually...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by buzzcat)
    quick question, when presenting your examination findings we are told to give positives and negatives - surely it would take far too long to list all negatives?
    I got a telling off in my mini-cex from a surgeon this week for not listing all the negatives. First time in 6 years of medical school. I think it is a waste of time saying what the patient doesn't have, it also removed focus and makes it uncessarily long to me. I argued my case but he was having none of it. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca-Sarah)

This is why I don't do any form of sport :yes:
    I'm just lazy and I hate the cold...

ReputationRep:
    Surprised about what? :p:

Good plan actually...
    If I remember it was a sportsnight, we were both getting drunker and you said something along the lines of Hi its x from TSR...You cool cool person

Also, the boy is online on fb. Tell him I said always listen to me

ReputationRep:
    Nice specs!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    I'm just lazy and I hate the cold...
    Those are also excellent reasons :yes: I swear I did far more exercise before I moved to the hellish north with it's 11 months of winter :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    facestalk...
    Rapid 'like'ing action...
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Your hair is fairly similar to mine :yep::p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure there is, that's why I feel so dense at the moment and mystifying me is just mean :p:
    Well, what can I say.. you are studying at UCL...... :p:

Haha, I guess so. - Though I am not known for being nice am I?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wangers)
    If I remember it was a sportsnight, we were both getting drunker and you said something along the lines of Hi its x from TSR...You cool cool person

Also, the boy is online on fb. Tell him I said always listen to me
    I literally don't remember this at all. I thought we were introduced by Philosoraptor whatever his username is :p: In fairness I don't think I've met a single person from TSR when sober. I met JordanCarroll last night after drinking most of a bottle of vodka. Someone scared me earlier in the year after introducing themselves to me in rowing circle by saying "I know a Jess on the internet". I was like "um, good for you". Then it clicked.

The boy? Who? What? I'm just confused now.

ReputationRep:
    Now I'm somewhat unnerved by the facestalking :eek::p:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.