Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georgehigginson)
    nah you get the mark without putting it
    So would it be accepted =/

ReputationRep:
    What was the shape of the N2O molecule??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariam_619)
    What was the shape of the N2O molecule??
    Linear

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YouKnowMyName)
    So would it be accepted =/
    Think so yeah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by super121)
    Linear

Posted from TSR Mobile
    thank you!! i was so confused i don't know why lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ali_Ludley)
    Yeah, a little shaken about that, hopefully it will be ok.
    I can't do any of it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizz-ie)
    I can't do any of it
    Any of it :eek: ? It is pretty hard...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ali_Ludley)
    Any of it :eek: ? It is pretty hard...
    My school aren't teaching FP1 this year so I had to learn it myself, and I can do about half of it, but the easy half!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariam_619)
    thank you!! i was so confused i don't know why lol
    probably because you were thinking about water, which has the same number of atoms but a different shape.

ReputationRep:
    My school aren't teaching FP1 this year so I had to learn it myself, and I can do about half of it, but the easy half!
    try this:
    MEI GCE Maths Specification : ExamSolutions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krisshP)
    I can't understand how some people choose to take OCR Salters chemistry to a2. If loads of people dropped it, it would mean nobody clearly like it, so maybe OCR salters can close down :yay:
    probably because then you'd have to spend another year in college doing a AS again or move college to do a different course.
    Also I like the OCR salters spec, it's very interesting and quite fun compared to spec A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheNote)
    probably because then you'd have to spend another year in college doing a AS again or move college to do a different course.
    Also I like the OCR salters spec, it's very interesting and quite fun compared to spec A
    I like the spec too, but the mark schemes are too bloomin' specific which is why I lose so many marks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I like the spec too, but the mark schemes are too bloomin' specific which is why I lose so many marks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeah but everyone has to put up with the same marks cheme so the grade boundries reflect it. eg. it's almost always like 70% for f332 rather than 80% for an A
    You have to remember keywords for OCR salters.

ReputationRep:
    yeah but everyone has to put up with the same marks cheme so the grade boundries reflect it. eg. it's almost always like 70% for f332 rather than 80% for an A
    You have to remember keywords for OCR salters.
    Good point

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    but your right the salters B doesn't allow for lucky marks, it rewards people who know their stuff but punishes you if you don't, but e other spec to get an A its often around another 8-10% more

ReputationRep:
    but your right the salters B doesn't allow for lucky marks, it rewards people who know their stuff but punishes you if you don't, but e other spec to get an A its often around another 8-10% more
    Yea I know know what you mean. OCR B is more application of knowledge unlike OCR A which is just memorising the chemistry, I find it quite dry to an extent.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think my alcohol question is wrong.so is the question linking to.alcohols.the systematic name.is.wrong. The mol. Formula is.wrong. Does anyone know the abswer to.them equilibrium questionss??

Id likr to knoe them.plz

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NielsBohrsDad)
    I think my alcohol question is wrong.so is the question linking to.alcohols.the systematic name.is.wrong. The mol. Formula is.wrong. Does anyone know the abswer to.them equilibrium questionss??

Id likr to knoe them.plz

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm not sure what alcohol questions you're talking about, but for the equilibrium ones it was decrease then increase and rate of reaction was increase.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure what alcohol questions you're talking about, but for the equilibrium ones it was decrease then increase and rate of reaction was increase.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Can you explain please.
    For pressure i wrote the rate of formation of propan 1 ol increases on increasing pressure.

But then after that the question on temperature confused me

To be honest that only made me.doubt my first answer.
    I wrote for the 3 marker- that the rate goes in the direction of the exothermic (only because the question said to me the reaction continues in forward direction being favoured more) so that was my explanation and it does this this to release the wnergy it was.given
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thats nasty, our teacher hates the way the books teaches a lot of topics so he taught us other ways which are so much better. I'm coping with FP1 at the moment, just dont like alpha, beta, gamma roots etc much

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.