Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joy_to_the_world)
    I understand where you're coming from. I don't plan to go through clearing nor my insurance. If i can't get into my firm, i plan to resit. But I hope it will not come to that..
    Well, I wish you the best of luck!

And I think it might be helpful for other people who are unsure and might go into clearing to make one. Better to be prepared!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    wah getting nervous! I really don't want to have to resit Geography next year but I have an awful feeling i'm going to have to.

ReputationRep:
    If anyone is planning to do pharmacy, what are your back up options if you don't get in other than resitting?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becky96)
    Is this as level germies? How'd you find it if so?
    Yeah, not too bad actually worked pretty hard but not as much as the other three and pretty site I've got an A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbhelix)
    Any CCEA people here
    I'm CCEA - maths, further maths, physics and economics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wontdeny)
    Yeah! All my mine are. AS French, Biology, English Lit and ICT
    oh ICT how do you think you'll do?

ReputationRep:
    Any CCEA people here
    ME!

ReputationRep:
    Screw WJEC. All other exam boards release their grade boundaries a day before but we have to wait till results day to know. This really sucks because at least I could have spent wednesday calculating what I hope to get. So pissed right now. :mad:

Wish someone would do a prediction for the mathematics modules

ReputationRep:
    Screw WJEC. All other exam boards release their grade boundaries a day before but we have to wait till results day to know. This really sucks because at least I could have spent wednesday calculating what I hope to get. So pissed right now. :mad:

Wish someone would do a prediction for the mathematics module
    For C4?:lol:

Well... June 2011 was easier than our paper... And an A* was 63/75 and an A was 56/75. A C was around 40 something.

If the rumours are true about the C being between 30-40 marks, I'd say an A at 55. 90 UMS is unpredictable but perhaps 60-65 UMS?

I hope it is like that ^ :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Any CCEA people here
    Yo, me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashleighscarlett)
    I did OCR Maths S1 & absolutely hated it! It was so different to all the past papers we had done how did you find it?
    It was quite tough but hopefully the grade boundaries will be lower than normal!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    For C4?:lol:

Well... June 2011 was easier than our paper... And an A* was 63/75 and an A was 56/75. A C was around 40 something.

If the rumours are true about the C being between 30-40 marks, I'd say an A at 55. 90 UMS is unpredictable but perhaps 60-65 UMS?

I hope it is like that ^ :rofl:
    The ironic thing is that i didn't find C4 too bad probably because i had access to june 2001 to june 2005 past papers and some of the question were taken from those papers.

However, silly mistakes may have cause me some marks which would be essential when it comes to UMS.

The grade boundaries i'd really love access to would be M2 because I think i may have ****ed up big time on that and this sucks because that was the exam i'd being most confident on but then the examiners thought they spice things up a little with a bloody cone question.

ReputationRep:
    The ironic thing is that i didn't find C4 too bad probably because i had access to june 2001 to june 2005 past papers and some of the question were taken from those papers.

However, silly mistakes may have cause me some marks which would be essential when it comes to UMS.

The grade boundaries i'd really love access to would be M2 because I think i may have ****ed up big time on that and this sucks because that was the exam i'd being most confident on but then the examiners thought they spice things up a little with a bloody cone question.
    Content wise it was fine. I made loads of stupid arithmetic errors though... = 6 marks ish lost

+ vectors I couldn't do the intersections because I didn't know they wanted me to find them... = 4 marks

10 marks + gone!

Aaah, I heArd it was a difficult paper

ReputationRep:
    Thank god A level results day isn't on the same day as GCSE results day, I can not bear a wait longer than another 6 days

ReputationRep:
    Are there any year 12s that are planning on keeping psychology (AQA A) to A2 next year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Content wise it was fine. I made loads of stupid arithmetic errors though... = 6 marks ish lost

+ vectors I couldn't do the intersections because I didn't know they wanted me to find them... = 4 marks

10 marks + gone!

Aaah, I heArd it was a difficult paper
    I would be happy if i'd only lost 10 marks but then i'm not aiming for A*s .

I reckon i got around 59/60.

And i'm glad people found M2 hard. Hopefully grade boundaries would be really lowered.

Did you do C1 this summer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alice:))
    Did anyone else insure a really low offer just for the security only to regret it now? I'm tempted to ask them to release me because I don't want to go there...but I like the security of my CCC offer...

i really don't know how this got negged...it isn't particularly offensive... :confused:
    Me! I just needed to find somewhere lower and if it came to it i'd never go there..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobilina)
    Me! I just needed to find somewhere lower and if it came to it i'd never go there..
    Exactly! I'm thinking of asking them to release me, just in case but...I like having a low backup offer xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mynameisntbobk)
    Are there any year 12s that are planning on keeping psychology (AQA A) to A2 next year?
    I am not doing AQA but I am doing psychology OCR and will be continuing it next year. Our topics are really interesting.

Forensic psychology, so the justice system and things

Health psychology, so I am guessing anything mental related as we cover phobias and schizophrenia

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by popnit)
    If anyone is planning to do pharmacy, what are your back up options if you don't get in other than resitting?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    lol, nothing. Probably get a job for the year and then reapply

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.