The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Applied for maths with Econ but I mentioned nothing about Econ at all as I'm a maths applicant.
Do you guys reckon that's gonna be a problem?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by shiny718
I'm an international applicant, so I sat for an exam which is equivalent to GCSE and got 9A+ 1A 1A-. I'm only sitting for my AS now and will be sitting for A2 next year June. This is common for CIE students. Predicted 4A* in maths, further maths, physics and economics.

Personal statement wise, I only mentioned one sentence about Actuarial Science, others were all about Maths. (I applied to other unis for Maths). Just wrote about my passion in Maths, how it is important in the real world and relevant achievements in Maths competitions. Well my ps is focused on pure mathematics actually... my friends who read personal statement said that it really shows my passion in Maths. Good luck! :smile:

Congrats! That is brilliant! I am an international student studying CIE as well. I apply for Actuarial Science. Waiting for offer now. It will be 5 weeks next week. I have studied eco, phyiscs and further maths this year. I got A* in AL maths and AAA in AS eco, physics and psychology respectively. Really hope an offer from LSE. Anyway, congrats! :smile:
Original post by thinkthings
CD315 was informed by the admissions office "that if we get a 5 week email, we will have decisions on our outcome by the end of those 5 weeks." On the other hand, there's always a chance that LSE might prolong the decision for some candidates by putting them in a gathered field.

Hello, thanks for this gold nugget of information! By decisions on our outcome, I'm presuming you/CD315/the admissions office means an offer/rejection? Is that how you interpret it? OHh I'm praying for no gathered field, please please no gathered field...don't think my nerves could take it!
Original post by gracelich
If they think your application is slightly weaker, then you may get put into gathered field, and have to wait until your 12 weeks is up.

Hi, just wondering where you got this from? Did you email/contact admissions or ask someone on TSR?
Trying to mentally prepare for what is to come when these mysterious 5 weeks are up!

My 12 (working) weeks expire after the Christmas break, which would be annoying
Reply 1284
Original post by Walteryeung
Congrats! That is brilliant! I am an international student studying CIE as well. I apply for Actuarial Science. Waiting for offer now. It will be 5 weeks next week. I have studied eco, phyiscs and further maths this year. I got A* in AL maths and AAA in AS eco, physics and psychology respectively. Really hope an offer from LSE. Anyway, congrats! :smile:

Thanks! :smile: your grades are great! Mine will also be 5 weeks on next Wednesday, but glad that they replied slightly earlier. All the best!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1285
are offers sent via the post?
Original post by shiny718
Thanks! :smile: your grades are great! Mine will also be 5 weeks on next Wednesday, but glad that they replied slightly earlier. All the best!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! Did u apply for Oxford?
Reply 1287
Original post by Walteryeung
Thanks! Did u apply for Oxford?

I applied to Cambridge. :smile:
Any intl history offers yet?
Reply 1289
Le Sigh. It's been 3 weeks into my 5 week waiting period. I'm honestly getting tired of waiting. Just admit or reject me; I just want a decision.
Original post by smythe
Le Sigh. It's been 3 weeks into my 5 week waiting period. I'm honestly getting tired of waiting. Just admit or reject me; I just want a decision.

Snap! What you applied for? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1291
Original post by smile:D
Any intl history offers yet?

Don't think so! The Economic History department has been busy and given out a few offers but I don't think International History has! There's more of you :biggrin:
Reply 1292
Original post by smythe

Sadly, I empathise... I've only been in the 5 week period a week and 4 days and I'm already beginning to hate university...
I don't believe the 5 week is the final stage.

This is unfair on applicants to Oxbridge/early applicants. We are being compared to a stronger sample pool, so I assume those who don't quite cut a straight offer will be sent to the gathered pool and will receive a decision Feb-March.
Reply 1294
Original post by Mike_123
I don't believe the 5 week is the final stage.

This is unfair on applicants to Oxbridge/early applicants. We are being compared to a stronger sample pool, so I assume those who don't quite cut a straight offer will be sent to the gathered pool and will receive a decision Feb-March.

Very fair comment! I guess the strong applicants will be given an offer and the really weak applicants will be given a rejection by the end of the 5 weeks and then the borderline applicants will have to wait until after 15 Jan!
Reply 1295
Original post by norah_bellefleur
Can I ask when you actually sent off your application and when you received your two-week email as I'm way past two weeks and still haven't heard from them regarding a five-week email! :confused: :s-smilie:

I sent mine off 8th October i think? And I received the 2 week email on the 14th of October.... I then received a reply on the 22nd..... Also bear in mind that I sent mine off pretty early, now they probably have a ton of applications to get through!
Reply 1296
a friend of mine got rejected within that 5 weeks... I think she was 3 weeks in and they rejected her.... So i honestly don't think it's exactly 5 weeks, if they want you maybe you'll have to wait that whole period if they don't, they'll reject you sooner
Reply 1297
Original post by gouratiltzen
Don't forget that intl. students tend to receive decisions sooner than home students. :smile:
From her post, she appears to be from the middle east.

I've yet to see any posts from home/EU students stating they've received the 5 week email for straight IR.

I'm not an international student! I'm just from Iran :P I've grown up here, done all my schooling here... I just talked about my heritage!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by bluebell_flames
Question 2 was horrid... And I'll just wait and see :/

Where else did you apply by the way? :smile:

I applied oxford and imperial which i have messed up on! Then i have LSE which was always my first choice :smile: and Warwick and UCL!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1299
Just received an offer for economics at LSE, having received the five weeks email four weeks and one day ago.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending