The Student Room Group

Nottingham A100 2015 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1280
I'm an international student and I got my offer a few months back. I still have not chosen my accommodation options but I was wondering what do medical students usually choose? (As in which location?)

From the comments, it appears a lot of the halls are already unavailable so I am quite worried about accommodations right now! :/
I accepted my offer at nottingham, I got ready accommodation and all. What do I do now? What about the crb and the health assessment?
Original post by ophiee
I'm an international student and I got my offer a few months back. I still have not chosen my accommodation options but I was wondering what do medical students usually choose? (As in which location?)

From the comments, it appears a lot of the halls are already unavailable so I am quite worried about accommodations right now! :/

Medics choose all halls available. There are so many of us that no matter where you go you will find at least 3 other medics. But hurry up cause all the good rooms will be gone soon.
Original post by student028
I accepted my offer at nottingham, I got ready accommodation and all. What do I do now? What about the crb and the health assessment?

They will send you all the forms so don't worry about it
I accepted in april, haven't received anything from Nottingham, nothing at all, is this normal?
Original post by student028

I received the crb and health questionnaire in the post yesterday so I'm sure yours will arrive soon. Also we have to buy a dictaphone! Very strange. But I think it's for recording our patient interactions!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeap got it yesterday too, such a coincidence loool
Reply 1286
In the CRB and health questionnaire forms, what is the student unique ID number?? Idk if this is a dumb question but I'm really confused.
Reply 1287
Original post by Yumeno
In the CRB and health questionnaire forms, what is the student unique ID number?? Idk if this is a dumb question but I'm really confused.

Oh oops I meant the health questionnaire only. Is it my UCAS ID?
Original post by unibanana
I received the crb and health questionnaire in the post yesterday so I'm sure yours will arrive soon. Also we have to buy a dictaphone! Very strange. But I think it's for recording our patient interactions!

Posted from TSR Mobile

The dictaphone is indeed for coursework. You don't need anything fancy, I literally bought one for like £10 on eBay (like a cheep Chinese thing haha).

Original post by Yumeno

You can leave that blank I think! I had the same thing last year an left it blank and everything was cool

Edit: or it might be the ucas ID, perhaps put that in with ucas in brackets
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi all. Can any one help me with the following questions please :

If I don't get the grades required in my offer can I reapply for Med at Nottingham next year?

If I don't get the grades required.. what are the realistic chances of my transferring to another med related course at Nottingham for this year? I have actually been accepted on their Biochemistry degree as my fall back option but now think there are other med related BSc which interest me... Psychology for example?

You have probably guessed I am worried about not getting my grades and trying not to panic. I am an EU student and my results are out on the 7 july. Can I apply for clearing straight away?

I would really welcome some guidance.
Original post by intmegane
Hi all. Can any one help me with the following questions please :

If I don't get the grades required in my offer can I reapply for Med at Nottingham next year?

If I don't get the grades required.. what are the realistic chances of my transferring to another med related course at Nottingham for this year? I have actually been accepted on their Biochemistry degree as my fall back option but now think there are other med related BSc which interest me... Psychology for example?

You have probably guessed I am worried about not getting my grades and trying not to panic. I am an EU student and my results are out on the 7 july. Can I apply for clearing straight away?

I would really welcome some guidance.

I don't know what exams you are taking currently but can try to contexualise it in terms of A levels.
If the offer was AAA and you got AAB, there's a possibility that Nottingham will still accept you to their med school.
But if you get AAB and don't get accepted, I don't think it's likely for them to consider your application next year as you don't meet the minimum requirements for grades that they specify; so they'd look at your grades and pretty much not look any further at your application.

If you don't get accepted, you can always ring around universities on results day trying to get onto another course if you wish.

This isn't all concrete though, might be better to contact the university directly?

Hopefully you're just underestimating your performance in your exams, good luck with results!
Original post by unknownone
I don't know what exams you are taking currently but can try to contexualise it in terms of A levels.
If the offer was AAA and you got AAB, there's a possibility that Nottingham will still accept you to their med school.
But if you get AAB and don't get accepted, I don't think it's likely for them to consider your application next year as you don't meet the minimum requirements for grades that they specify; so they'd look at your grades and pretty much not look any further at your application.

If you don't get accepted, you can always ring around universities on results day trying to get onto another course if you wish.

This isn't all concrete though, might be better to contact the university directly?

Hopefully you're just underestimating your performance in your exams, good luck with results!

Thanks for the reply. In fact I was wondering if I don't get the grades they ask for (International Baccalaureat) and they don't accept me, if I could then sit some A levels this year and reapply next year. Nottm say on their site if you were refused after interview you can't reapply but they don't say if you don't make the grades after an offer if you can reapply.

It's a bit tricky to contextualise my results in terms of what I am now predicting... They ask for 3 grades over 15 including 2 sciences plus an overall grade average of 13 across all 10 subjects I am taking. I should make 2 out of 3 of the grades at 15 and my overall grade average should be much higher than 13 but I had an accident in one of the sciences. Remains to be seen if it was a mild crash or a head on smash!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Yumeno

Rang them up today about it - they don't issue them until you attend, so leave it blank.
Original post by intmegane
Thanks for the reply. In fact I was wondering if I don't get the grades they ask for (International Baccalaureat) and they don't accept me, if I could then sit some A levels this year and reapply next year. Nottm say on their site if you were refused after interview you can't reapply but they don't say if you don't make the grades after an offer if you can reapply.
It's a bit tricky to contextualise my results in terms of what I am now predicting... They ask for 3 grades over 15 including 2 sciences plus an overall grade average of 13 across all 10 subjects I am taking. I should make 2 out of 3 of the grades at 15 and my overall grade average should be much higher than 13 but I had an accident in one of the sciences. Remains to be seen if it was a mild crash or a head on smash!

i think you cant reapply if you had an interview already. Although that is, if you had one but didnt get the offer. Its better to double check with uni though. And goo luck for the results!
Reply 1294
Have any IB students gotten confirmation from Nottingham about their offers yet?
Anyone staying on jubilee campus?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ophiee
Have any IB students gotten confirmation from Nottingham about their offers yet?

I am still waiting? Any one received confirmation?
Original post by ZeroEntropy
Rang them up today about it - they don't issue them until you attend, so leave it blank.

Oh, I put the one on my accommodation offer letter.
Original post by ChloLa
Anyone staying on jubilee campus?

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's a Facebook group that's been set up which you could find your future hall mates on by posting on there :smile:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/580540605414849/?fref=ts
Original post by unknownone
There's a Facebook group that's been set up which you could find your future hall mates on by posting on there :smile:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/580540605414849/?fref=ts

Thankyou, I'll have a look :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending