Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qari)
    4 point was because of 1 non-started and 1 not playing full game.
    the other 8 if the player I want to get is playing then I need to get rid of another to fit him in.

And I took 32 point hit this time last year
    could you not do this all more slowly, to avoid hits?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    32pt hit?? thats 9 players :eek:
    Yh I transferred 1 player 4 times.

could you not do this all more slowly, to avoid hits?
    I actually like the player I want to get in this time. So I don't mind the point hit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qari)
    was saving it for a later time. I did quite a lot of transfers in the first half of the season. Only slowed down/stopped when FPL cup started
    I never get why people are so happy to take points hits! The only time I will ever take a points hit is if in week 1 some of my players aren't playing or later in the season when there is a double gameweek. Past that it is just not worth it, it is so unlikely that 1 transfer will gain you more than 4 points, it is usually better to stick with the guy getting 2 a game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex Doran)
    I never get why people are so happy to take points hits! The only time I will ever take a points hit is if in week 1 some of my players aren't playing or later in the season when there is a double gameweek. Past that it is just not worth it, it is so unlikely that 1 transfer will gain you more than 4 points, it is usually better to stick with the guy getting 2 a game.
    The guy I want is someone I like/interested in. So IMO he's worth the point hit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qari)
    Out of interest, who is it you want?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Hotpie)
    Out of interest, who is it you want?
    De Jong. Had him before he got injured. For some reason I think he's going to do something either him or Cabella but I've gone for him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qari)
    Odds are De Jong won't even start the next game and it doesn't matter how much you like him. If you liked him that much, he would have been in your original team.
    1 game has not turned the season on its head and those who were good picks 48 hours ago, still are (with the exception of non starters, injuries or bans.) So someone had 1 poor game, it's not an excuse to drop them and take a 4+ points hit. IMO people should never make a transfer before the friday (unless values are defo changing like Siggy tonight) because things like injuries can occur throughout the week. Chelsea haven't even played yet, what is Costa/Luis/Hazard breaks his leg, it is now a points hit to replace him.
    People are so ready to dive into changes now because their striker didn't score instantly or because Berahino scored twice, very little has changed in the last 48 hours and jumping into transfers tonight is not the answer to a poor first week.
    (After re reading this I realised it came across quite harsh. It was not supposed to be all directed at you, it just annoys me when people have spent weeks planning their teams and then they change there teams because someone had 1 bad game.)

ReputationRep:
    Odds are De Jong won't even start the next game and it doesn't matter how much you like him. If you liked him that much, he would have been in your original team.
    1 game has not turned the season on its head and those who were good picks 48 hours ago, still are (with the exception of non starters, injuries or bans.) So someone had 1 poor game, it's not an excuse to drop them and take a 4+ points hit. IMO people should never make a transfer before the friday (unless values are defo changing like Siggy tonight) because things like injuries can occur throughout the week. Chelsea haven't even played yet, what is Costa/Luis/Hazard breaks his leg, it is now a points hit to replace him.
    People are so ready to dive into changes now because their striker didn't score instantly or because Berahino scored twice, very little has changed in the last 48 hours and jumping into transfers tonight is not the answer to a poor first week.
    (After re reading this I realised it came across quite harsh. It was not supposed to be all directed at you, it just annoys me when people have spent weeks planning their teams and then they change there teams because someone had 1 bad game.)
    I hvnt got De Jong yet I'm waiting till Friday. I got rid of Cameron who wasn't even in line up and got Sigurdsson for Lamela

ReputationRep:
    Confused why people picked Lamela? Expensive and unproven.

Loving how Sigurdsson was overlooked by many and also on the bench of most people who had picked him. Odd.

ReputationRep:
    x
    Agree with what your saying but I guess it's only natural. Absolutely right though, and happens pretty much every single week, first week or not

Annoyed by having Chester on the bench (15) but I was never realistically going to play him so I won't be too annoyed with myself. Praying Cahill is injured in the warm up though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gob Bluth)
    Confused why people picked Lamela? Expensive and unproven.

Loving how Sigurdsson was overlooked by many and also on the bench of most people who had picked him. Odd.
    United were supposed to be good this season, the plan was for him to have an uneventful first game then explode into action next week!

ReputationRep:
    When will the prices get updated? Hoping Puncheon sees a nice price drop due to his red card, I reckon if he's cheap enough he could be a shrewd purchase once he returns from suspension

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by khalidpatel)
    49 with hazard, costa and Cahill to play

Posted from TSR Mobile
    49 with Costa, Cahill and Courtois to Play
    What's your rank?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What is the starting Spurs defence? I need an option to swap out Davies!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Hotpie)
    When will the prices get updated? Hoping Puncheon sees a nice price drop due to his red card, I reckon if he's cheap enough he could be a shrewd purchase once he returns from suspension
    In the early hours each morning.

What is the starting Spurs defence? I need an option to swap out Davies!
    Difficult to know with so many options, Vert coming back in, midweek game etc.

ReputationRep:
    Lol add me to this little wizard ffs

ReputationRep:
    What is the code? I missed out by like 2 minutes in gameweek one so couldn't enter my team. Don't really mind starting a gameweek down to be honest. It's only really going to effect me.

ReputationRep:
    Team Name: Baines On Toast XI

ReputationRep:
    Team name: Olof's Beard

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sanctimonious)
    What is the code? I missed out by like 2 minutes in gameweek one so couldn't enter my team. Don't really mind starting a gameweek down to be honest. It's only really going to effect me.
    as long as you made your account before gameweek 1 it doesnt matter

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 8, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.