?
Report 3 years ago
Pollution Permits or Public vs Private are my 18 mark guesses
Brave reader
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
How to get l3 band 2 of " how the reduction in quantity corrects the market failure" can some one please provide and example
zzzzzz123456
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
what does a graph for regulations look like? is it a normal supply and demand with a new vertical supply line to the left of the old equilibrium?
_Fergo
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by zzzzzz123456)
what does a graph for regulations look like? is it a normal supply and demand with a new vertical supply line to the left of the old equilibrium?
Yes -it doesn't have to shift to the left though. If it's about regulations being relaxed, the supply curve should shift to the right.

Posted from TSR Mobile
2014_GCSE
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Brave reader)
How to get l3 band 2 of " how the reduction in quantity corrects the market failure" can some one please provide and example
leads to reduced consumption i.e. corrects the market failure of over-consumption leading to a more allocatively efficient level/state
zzzzzz123456
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
also anyone got last years paper?
FreeRoam
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
That depends on whether it is regulation to reduce/increase consumption or production. If consumption then it will move the demand curve while regulation on production will affect the supply curve.
Akmarb
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What is the diagram for information provision?
zzzzzz123456
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by *Stefan*)
Yes -it doesn't have to shift to the left though. If it's about regulations being relaxed, the supply curve should shift to the right.

Posted from TSR Mobile
sweet thanks- how does this really differ from tradeable permits? I mean in the textbook tradeable permits doesnt have a shift from equilibrium, just shows a vertical supply, but I mean if they suddenly imposed tradeable permits wouldn't there be a shift like that?
FreeRoam
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Top 5 most likely essay questions to come up?
nikkiiiiii
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Brave reader)
It helps correct the market failure, economy becomes allocatively efficient and reaches social optimum. No over consumption therefore Q1 is not >Qsock. MSC=MSB

hope this helps
nikkiiiiii
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by FreeRoam)
Top 5 most likely essay questions to come up?
Regulation will be the 18marker.
zzzzzz123456
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Akmarb)
What is the diagram for information provision?
not one needed but reduction of demand I guess if people didnt want the demerit good after getting the info. opposite if they now realise the good is merit
_Fergo
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
sweet thanks- how does this really differ from tradeable permits? I mean in the textbook tradeable permits doesnt have a shift from equilibrium, just shows a vertical supply, but I mean if they suddenly imposed tradeable permits wouldn't there be a shift like that?
The textbook explains that, if the government were to increase the permits, the supply curve would shift to the right.

The diagram assumes that permits are already in place! It's not about them being imposed suddenly. The supply curve shifts depending on the government's decisions to increase or decrease the permits.

Posted from TSR Mobile
zzzzzz123456
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by *Stefan*)
The textbook explains that, if the government were to increase the permits, the supply curve would shift to the right.

The diagram assumes that permits are already in place! It's not about them being imposed suddenly. The supply curve shifts depending on the government's decisions to increase or decrease the permits.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I get it now- the permit diagram is one where on the x axis quantity refers to the number of permits, for regulation its a shift in supply on a normal S&D diagram and supply becomes vertical (if its more regulations)- thats all correct no?
_Fergo
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yeah I get it now- the permit diagram is one where on the x axis quantity refers to the number of permits, for regulation its a shift in supply on a normal S&D diagram and supply becomes vertical (if its more regulations)- thats all correct no?
Yep!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yousf
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
is it ok to include labels(letters) and shading in one diagram for surplus diagrams?
Yousf
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
not one needed but reduction of demand I guess if people didnt want the demerit good after getting the info. opposite if they now realise the good is merit
and supply curve shifts for positive and negative externalities?
_Fergo
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Yousf)
is it ok to include labels(letters) and shading in one diagram for surplus diagrams?
Yes.

Preferably, indicate the change in the surplus by phrases like "Existing consumer surplus" (point A) - "additional consumer surplus (point B)".

Guys, gotta go in a bit. If you need last-minute help with anything, now's the time!

Posted from TSR Mobile
zzzzzz123456
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Yousf)
and supply curve shifts for positive and negative externalities?
Nah demand would as it would be more people wanting to buy the good, not more people wanting to sell it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (553)
37.82%
No - but I will (115)
7.87%
No - I don't want to (103)
7.05%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (691)
47.26%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed