It'd be cool if we get a life sciences one
Applied medical science you?
ChangeOurWorld
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rifleboy123)
Guys, I've got an offer for Computer Science (A*AA) and my Oxford offer is the same (except specifying Maths/FMaths for A*). What are the chances that I can insurance UCL and get in with one grade less? My other top insurance option is Kings (AAB) but I'd like UCL a lot more. I hate this UCAS system
A girl in my school achieved AAB, having had a conditional offer for A*AA for Computer Science and UCL rejected her. It all depends on how well/badly other people do. If lots of people miss their offer then you're much likely to be allowed in. If lots of people do well and they've filled their places then your chances drop.
emanueladiana
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by arenaCPP)
I Just got a conditional from UCL for Computer Science. I'm an International Student (Italy) and they want 95% in the Italian Final High School Exam (Esame di Stato), and pass Mathematics with 14/15.

I'm litterally over the moon
Just curious, do you have any contests/exp in the area that helped you get an offer?

I've applied 2.5 months now (CompSci too!) and I got exactly 95% average, it's killing me that I'm walking that fine line between admissions and rejections. If I knew I'd apply for UK I'd have studied so much more x_x
flmr44
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Still waiting to hear back for law...
arenaCPP
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by emanueladiana)
Just curious, do you have any contests/exp in the area that helped you get an offer?

I've applied 2.5 months now (CompSci too!) and I got exactly 95% average, it's killing me that I'm walking that fine line between admissions and rejections. If I knew I'd apply for UK I'd have studied so much more x_x
I'm actually attening the last year of a Technical High School (ITIS) with specialization in Informatics and I also deepened my knowledge of programming languages like C++ (expecially focused on graphics frameworks) on my own, so I think this helped.

(Are you italian too? )
Iridann
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Hhassan66)
Lool it was alright wbu?
I thought it was pretty cool. Nerded out a bit.
emanueladiana
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm actually attening the last year of a Technical High School (ITIS) with specialization in Informatics and I also deepened my knowledge of programming languages like C++ (expecially focused on graphics frameworks) on my own, so I think this helped.

(Are you italian too? )
Nope, Romanian, after being confused for Italian 2 times on tsr I put it on my profile.)

You didn't study C++ in high school at all, or just studied it more at home? I've graduated with the same specialization in Romanian terms

I'm pretty sure they put me 'aside' in the backup pile to see if the places for the course fill in quickly enough or not.
Anita5
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Hudl)
Offer for chem eng!
i have one also. are you going to be living in student houses?
arenaCPP
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by emanueladiana)
Nope, Romanian, after being confused for Italian 2 times on tsr I put it on my profile.)

You didn't study C++ in high school at all, or just studied it more at home? I've graduated with the same specialization in Romanian terms

I'm pretty sure they put me 'aside' in the backup pile to see if the places for the course fill in quickly enough or not.
Oh, sorry for the mistake

A girl, friend of mine, who also received a conditional from UCL for Mathematics (98% overall score and 15/15 in Mathematics) is from Romania too

I studied C++ (as well as Java and PHP) at school, but I studied it more in depth at home.

Hope your application goes well and that we'll meet there at UCL
MickeyL0912
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by wnee-hee)
Applied medical science you?
Biological science
wnee-hee
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MickeyL0912)
Biological science
Close enough
Jm.field
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Offer for applied medical science 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
shesouttacontrol
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Anyone applied for accommodation yet?????

Posted from TSR Mobile
TVIO
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rifleboy123)
Guys, I've got an offer for Computer Science (A*AA) and my Oxford offer is the same (except specifying Maths/FMaths for A*). What are the chances that I can insurance UCL and get in with one grade less? My other top insurance option is Kings (AAB) but I'd like UCL a lot more. I hate this UCAS system
You won't miss A*AA...
Fatini999
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey everybody!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/744402085674554/

Made a Facebook group for people who are off to the Bartlett. Could be cool to see who's going, and what's what!

If the link doesn't work then search for: Bartlett Architecture '18
tombernert
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
A*A* Offer for maths.
Does anyone know how likely it is to be living relatively close to the uni in 2nd year and after, because I'm currently working at Imperial College and I have to live bloody miles away to be able to afford anything.
emanueladiana
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Oh, sorry for the mistake

A girl, friend of mine, who also received a conditional from UCL for Mathematics (98% overall score and 15/15 in Mathematics) is from Romania too

I studied C++ (as well as Java and PHP) at school, but I studied it more in depth at home.

Hope your application goes well and that we'll meet there at UCL
Thanks, good luck with the exams!
law2015
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by flmr44)
Still waiting to hear back for law...
me too, it's complete jokes having to wait so long to hear back, when did you apply?
riko232
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Offer for mechanical engineering, SO HAPPYYYY
sway11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Economics736)
Anyone waiting or received an offer for Statistics Economics and Finance ?
Got my offer yday, have you heard from them yet?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
    Sat, 29 Jun '19
    Sat, 7 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (481)
37.93%
No - but I will (98)
7.73%
No - I don't want to (88)
6.94%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (601)
47.4%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise