The Student Room Group

Harris Westminster Entrance Exams

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nineteenone
The geography paper was really weird! Like you said part A for me was ok I understood it well, but section B was really weird..... I barely understood the article x__x

I just ended up writing nonsense acting like i understood the article. It felt more like a physics article tbh
Original post by R2-D2
Hey everyone, hope everyone did well :smile:)

Ahh today's exam was quite stressful, I think I did kinda okay on the maths exam but the chemistry exam wasn't that great for me :s-smilie:

Those doing maths, what did you get for the question about how many pages in the romance novel????
I think I got 350 but I'm not sure, it was all over the place for me lol

Omgg i got 350 as well there's hope
Original post by BluBird :)
Okay, thank god someone else got that as an answers for moles because my friends were freaking me out with numbers in two digits. I didn't really get the isomer question, I felt like I was repeating the same thing. The carbon dioxide diagram was a pain because I was trying to draw circles free hand and make them look roughly tidy.

I'm almost completely certain that we were right about the mole one because I think I did the conversions right.
Exactly! I was just changing where I put the carbon and three surrounding hydrogens.
My biggest failure in that chemistry exam was the graph in the first question. All I knew was that the boiling point had to get higher as the hydrocarbons got bigger. What did you do for the scale on the graph?
Also, what did you put for a similar physical property of Fe2O3 and Fe?
Original post by R2-D2

Ahh today's exam was quite stressful, I think I did kinda okay on the maths exam but the chemistry exam wasn't that great for me :s-smilie:

Those doing maths, what did you get for the question about how many pages in the romance novel????

I got 350 pages too :smile:
Original post by queen_kay
I'm almost completely certain that we were right about the mole one because I think I did the conversions right.
Exactly! I was just changing where I put the carbon and three surrounding hydrogens.
My biggest failure in that chemistry exam was the graph in the first question. All I knew was that the boiling point had to get higher as the hydrocarbons got bigger. What did you do for the scale on the graph?
Also, what did you put for a similar physical property of Fe2O3 and Fe?

Don't even get me started on the graph. I made it up completely. My scale went from -30 to 350 I think. I think I lost all the marks and the only thing I got right was probably the trend the they increase as they become longer chains.

For physical property I did solid at room temperature and therefore high melting points. I'm not sure if we had to do this but I went on to explain why they had high melting points (metallic and ionic bonding)

What about you?
Don't even get me started on the graph. I made it up completely. My scale went from -30 to 350 I think. I think I lost all the marks and the only thing I got right was probably the trend the they increase as they become longer chains.

For physical property I did solid at room temperature and therefore high melting points. I'm not sure if we had to do this but I went on to explain why they had high melting points (metallic and ionic bonding)

What about you?

My scale was so bad. I went from 100 to 500 which is definitely wrong. I think I'll probably only get a mark for the trend too.
I literally couldn't think of anything for that question so I just put that they are both strong when in their solid state. What did you put for a difference?
My scale was so bad. I went from 100 to 500 which is definitely wrong. I think I'll probably only get a mark for the trend too.
I literally couldn't think of anything for that question so I just put that they are both strong when in their solid state. What did you put for a difference?

I said iron was magnetic while hematite wasn't. You?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1287
Omg I'm so dumb lmao
I put the trend as decreasing for the hydrocarbon graph question!!! Idk why I did that... What was I actually thinking?! Ugh I even revised that last night

whoops that's 0 marks for me then
I said iron was magnetic while hematite wasn't. You?

I put that iron oxide is a bright red colour (and obviously normal iron is not) but once again I feel like that was probably wrong. I'm so concerned right now :frown:
Original post by AweysAbdul
What did u guys get for the circuit questions on the physics paper? For the first one I got 0.75 amps and for the second one I got 30 ohms. Not sure if these are correct...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got 6A for the first one and 30 ohms for the second, my friend did too, but :c
I put that iron oxide is a bright red colour (and obviously normal iron is not) but once again I feel like that was probably wrong. I'm so concerned right now :frown:

Don't worry about it. Your answer ticks all the boxes. It said a physical property, which a colour is, and to talk about the difference. You did both those things and I don't see any reason why it is wrong. Plus, it was only one or two marks so not a major loss if it was wrong.
Don't worry about it. Your answer ticks all the boxes. It said a physical property, which a colour is, and to talk about the difference. You did both those things and I don't see any reason why it is wrong. Plus, it was only one or two marks so not a major loss if it was wrong.

I doubt it but thanks. I practically failed the biology paper. The 15 mark essay was so unexpected. What are your A level options?
I doubt it but thanks. I practically failed the biology paper. The 15 mark essay was so unexpected. What are your A level options?

Ah, my friend told me about that one. She's a passionate vegan so apparently she had lots of background info about diseases to help her.
I'm going for Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry and French. You?
Ah, my friend told me about that one. She's a passionate vegan so apparently she had lots of background info about diseases to help her.
I'm going for Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry and French. You?

Lucky her. Damn 5 A Levels! I want to do maths, biology, physics and chemistry.
Original post by R2-D2

Original post by amarocks88
Omgg i got 350 as well there's hope

Yeah 350!
Original post by vincentvangogh
I got 6A for the first one and 30 ohms for the second, my friend did too, but :c

That's it!
4 really. I'm doing the French this year to get it out of the way.
I almost took biology too until I remembered I suck at writing longer answers xD
What's your interview subject?
4 really. I'm doing the French this year to get it out of the way.
I almost took biology too until I remembered I suck at writing longer answers xD
What's your interview subject?

And here I am struggling with GCSE French. My interview subject is biology too. But I doubt I'll even get to that stage so I'm not too stressed.
And here I am struggling with GCSE French. My interview subject is biology too. But I doubt I'll even get to that stage so I'm not too stressed.

I'm sure you will! Stay positive! What do you want to be when you're older?
I'm sure you will! Stay positive! What do you want to be when you're older?

Haha I'll try. You too x
I'm seriously considering medicine or if not maybe a degree in chemistry. You?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending