Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tylerrrrr)
    That's what I did, I didn't actually know a proper definition

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thats what i did as well. Just said it was a very strong emotional bond as well at the end haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Romanoff)
    That was one of the easiest Psya1 papers I've ever seen. Grade boundaries will be sky high.
    I'd beg to differ. Most of the students here will be of the more intelligent region, as they're more actively involved in the subject with extra revision and research and so makes it seem like everybody has done well.

I imagine a lot of people doing psychology would have tripped up on the smaller 2 and 4 markers, losing marks here and there and especially the 12 marker, where there wasn't a range of studies you could use for AO1 but instead just Bowlby's theory, I suspect many people will slip up and lose several marks there. For A02 a lot of people seemed to have struggled from what I heard, so i'm hoping the grade boundaries will be average. I'll be surprised if they're high.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarah2121)
    "Secure attachment is an emotional bond between children and caregivers"
    Just checked and this is what it said, it confused me
    I put Secure attachment was a strong emotional bond between a parent and child

No idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lularose83)
    Stop panicking! There's no point in stressing yourself out over every mark you think you've lost there's still unit 2 to bring up your grade. Have hope my friend
    Alright! I kinda needed some reassuring i guess haha... I'm gonna revise loads next weekend for Unit 2 so good luck to you too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarah2121)
    "Secure attachment is an emotional bond between children and caregivers"
    Just checked and this is what it said, it confused me
    I thought that was the definition of "attachment"....emotional bond between children and caregivers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone put for the 6 marker on ethical issues for the strange situation?!

ReputationRep:
    Was going to drop psychology, but considering how easy this exam was I had to reconsider. Then I realised after the exam that I wrote about WMM instead of MSM Guess I'm dropping this **** for A2. U guys are lucky, u have idiots like me dropping the grade boundaries!! gl

ReputationRep:
    On the twelve marker I wrote Bowlby's evolutionary theory and advantages and disadvantages but I forgot some points so I drew symbols and wrote paragraphs e.g. more advantages and disadvantages before placing the symbols where those paragraphs should be. Will I lose loads of marks?

ReputationRep:
    for the 12 marker I used bowlby evolutionary theory with Adaptive, social releasers, critical period, monotropy and internal working model as AO1 and then as AO2 I used supporting and contradicting research and evaluated them. is that okay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilialucy)
    I put Secure attachment was a strong emotional bond between a parent and child

No idea.
    I put absolutely everything I knew on secure attachments, had no idea what the mark scheme would want. But yeah put that too, but thought I may as well explain what behaviour infants with secure attachments show and other random stuff. Surely they won't mark me down for blabbing on about secure attachments, hope not anyway.
    I'm hoping the mark scheme will be generous, am I the only one who was never shown a definition?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wabbit998)
    for A02 on the 12 marker i said that it undermines the role that the father plays in development due to secondary attachment. Is that creditworthy?
    Yeah that was a study carried out by grossman and grossman

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naga1)
    Was going to drop psychology, but considering how easy this exam was I had to reconsider. Then I realised after the exam that I wrote about WMM instead of MSM Guess I'm dropping this **** for A2. U guys are lucky, u have idiots like me dropping the grade boundaries!! gl
    If you absolutely aced the rest of the exam, you'll only have dropped 6 marks. Positive thinking!! haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattSJTS)
    I'd beg to differ. Most of the students here will be of the more intelligent region, as they're more actively involved in the subject with extra revision and research and so makes it seem like everybody has done well.

I imagine a lot of people doing psychology would have tripped up on the smaller 2 and 4 markers, losing marks here and there and especially the 12 marker, where there wasn't a range of studies you could use for AO1 but instead just Bowlby's theory, I suspect many people will slip up and lose several marks there. For A02 a lot of people seemed to have struggled from what I heard, so i'm hoping the grade boundaries will be average. I'll be surprised if they're high.
    Can't deny the fact that it was an extremely easy paper in comparison to past papers though, no questions with long, boring stems and no questions involving day care/disruption/privation - all those long ones people usually tend to struggle on.

The research methods questions were so easy too, no difficult figures to interpret or chart drawing.

Praise da lord hallelujah jezuz on a bike

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mercuryman)
    tops 81% for an A no higher no lower ( 58/72)
    Are you sure? Seems quite low, how much for a B?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattSJTS)
    If you absolutely aced the rest of the exam, you'll only have dropped 6 marks. Positive thinking!! haha
    Wasn't there 6 marks + the 4 for evaluation in the second part of the question?

10 marks, R.I.P lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geeee11)
    What did everyone put for the 6 marker on ethical issues for the strange situation?!
    yeah i really struggled with this one as well. I put child used so parents need to give informed consent, child being very distressed and causing psychological harm, giving the mum the right to withdraw at any time if the baby seemed distressed and debriefing the mum.

Had no idea about the ethical issues of strange situation so i doubt any of those will get marks hahaha kinda just guessed and tried to apply ethical issues to S.S hahaha oh well

ReputationRep:
    When do AQA release grade boundaries?

ReputationRep:
    would youille and cutshall have been an okay study for the EWT and anxiety Question? I ask because it may have been an observation/real life situation so not sure I that comes under 'study'?
    thanks...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilialucy)
    I hope Marsha was okay after that awful knife attack
    haha!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahcath)
    would youille and cutshall have been an okay study for the EWT and anxiety Question? I ask because it may have been an observation/real life situation so not sure I that comes under 'study'?
    thanks...
    Perfectly fine

Could've even drawn the inverted U!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 10, 2018
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.