Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    Bouncy castle bouncy castle bouncy castle! :nutcase:

And thanks.
    my mum wants a bouncy castle for her 40th this year

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well after the week from hell last week and seriously not wanting to ever wake up. Today and yesterday has been more positive already. Maybe the Sertraline is finally working its magic!

However I still have no motivation to actually do uni work, I can just about get through the day but the anxiety of all the work and not doing well makes it worse so it's all just piling up :/

ReputationRep:
    anybody ever been on quetiapine PRN? psych prescribed me 25mg to take when i feel "agitated" but ive never heard of people taking it PRN at such a low dose for a non-psychotic illness :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Team_McDreamy)
    anybody ever been on quetiapine PRN? psych prescribed me 25mg to take when i feel "agitated" but ive never heard of people taking it PRN at such a low dose for a non-psychotic illness :s
    I have not taken quetiapine prn but I did used to take stelazine to "take the edge off" so I guess it's not that uncommon. Low doses of quetiapine are often used to help people with insomnia so I guess if you were agitated it might help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    I have not taken quetiapine prn but I did used to take stelazine to "take the edge off" so I guess it's not that uncommon. Low doses of quetiapine are often used to help people with insomnia so I guess if you were agitated it might help.
    thats the thing though, my main thing atm is hypersomnia, which i made clear to the psych, and i also told him that when i feel really really bad i disappear into my head, so i cant see how that fits with agitation?

ReputationRep:
    I GOT A JOB INTERVIEW :woo: :woo: :woo:
    WOOOOOOO! :woo: Well done!
    (Original post by lauraaaaa)
    So ****ing broken today. I can't cope.
    Here if you want me :hugs:

----------------

Bit of a TW bullying and food
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Had a bit of a ****storm of a day really Found out one of my lecturers died this morning, she was only 55. It's just not fair how somebody so young, well known in her field and generally awesome is allowed to die. I had her last Thursday for a seminar and she just was laughing and joking about stuff.

Had a lecture on peer relationships and bullying was a a large chunk of it. This is going to sound ridiculous but until I had that lecture I didn't realise I was probably bullied a lot in high school. I thought everybody was teased, threatened, pushed about and stuff but apparently not :dontknow:

Was walking with a friend today and she mentioned that I never seem to eat anymore and if everything was alright. I told her it was fine and she needn't worry but she kept pushing it and asking me why I never eat. It made me panic a lot and I started to see different colours (if that makes sense?) around me and in front of my eyes. It happens a lot but today is probably the worst it's ever been. Does anybody else get that?

Bit moany/ranty, sorry

ReputationRep:
    thats the thing though, my main thing atm is hypersomnia, which i made clear to the psych, and i also told him that when i feel really really bad i disappear into my head, so i cant see how that fits with agitation?
    Oh right. Yeah that is fairly odd then. :beard: I'd probably give it a try anyway and maybe it might help, you could always tell him at your next appointment if it doesn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meaty_man)
    I hope my nerves improve soon in regards to going to work, im not 100% confident in my abilities yet, i just want to settle in and be able to buckle down already! Caring for elderly people with dementia and other problems can be really exhausting...i hope i'm cut out for this. Will probably post a bit this evening, on my night shift when things are quiet :d
    I had similar thoughts with my volunteering (primarily elderly patients, some with dementia), but your confidence will grow alright. You've just got to have patience with people and yourself.

(Original post by Anonymous #2)

----------------

Spoiler:
    Show
    Had a bit of a ****storm of a day really Found out one of my lecturers died this morning, she was only 55. It's just not fair how somebody so young, well known in her field and generally awesome is allowed to die. I had her last Thursday for a seminar and she just was laughing and joking about stuff.

Had a lecture on peer relationships and bullying was a a large chunk of it. This is going to sound ridiculous but until I had that lecture I didn't realise I was probably bullied a lot in high school. I thought everybody was teased, threatened, pushed about and stuff but apparently not :dontknow:

Was walking with a friend today and she mentioned that I never seem to eat anymore and if everything was alright. I told her it was fine and she needn't worry but she kept pushing it and asking me why I never eat. It made me panic a lot and I started to see different colours (if that makes sense?) around me and in front of my eyes. It happens a lot but today is probably the worst it's ever been. Does anybody else get that?

Bit moany/ranty, sorry
    Thanks!

Spoiler:
    Show
    Really sorry to hear about your lecturer, hope you and everyone connected are doing ok. :console:

And also sucks to be reminded about the bullying - but try and remember that on the plus side, your experience wasn't normal, and it wasn't your fault, or supposed to happen. You were very unfortunate, but it's good that a) you're no longer in that situation and b) it's good that most people don't have to go through that. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Oh wow! I read a really interesting article about avatar therapy, from what I remember it helped everyone who did it albeit to varying degrees. That's really awesome you get to try it. (sorry this isn't helpful)

(Original post by Odd socks)
    wow I just read up on this, looks really interesting! Hopefully it helps you :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks guys, if I muster up the courage to go through with it I might make a thread or something about it if people are interested. Also any other voice hearers who live in/around London, it might be worth seeing if you can get your Care Co-ordinator to refer you to it if it's something you wanna do

ReputationRep:
    I had similar thoughts with my volunteering (primarily elderly patients, some with dementia), but your confidence will grow alright. You've just got to have patience with people and yourself.

Thanks!

Spoiler:
    Show
    Really sorry to hear about your lecturer, hope you and everyone connected are doing ok. :console:

And also sucks to be reminded about the bullying - but try and remember that on the plus side, your experience wasn't normal, and it wasn't your fault, or supposed to happen. You were very unfortunate, but it's good that a) you're no longer in that situation and b) it's good that most people don't have to go through that. :hugs:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Thanks again, like I said, I thought it was normal :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team

----------------

Spoiler:
    Show

Bit moany/ranty, sorry
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :jumphug: That's not nice at all, especially given the surprise by the sound of it
    The bullying thing is hard, although in some ways it could help knowing even if it's hard to think about at first? Don't know if that makes any sense
    :hugs: for foody stuff too. Never experienced the colour thing but doesn't sound nice at all :console:
    Also don't apologise! Here if you want more of a moany rant, not that it really was in the first place?

x
    Somehow managed to miss your post earlier but well done!!

ReputationRep:
    Not gonna lie, starting to get a bit depressed over my lack of self-confidence :sad: It's killing me inside, gah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :jumphug: That's not nice at all, especially given the surprise by the sound of it
    The bullying thing is hard, although in some ways it could help knowing even if it's hard to think about at first? Don't know if that makes any sense
    :hugs: for foody stuff too. Never experienced the colour thing but doesn't sound nice at all :console:
    Also don't apologise! Here if you want more of a moany rant, not that it really was in the first place?

Somehow managed to miss your post earlier but well done!!
    Spoiler:
    Show

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I really need to listen to imagine dragons more often. they have a new album out and its sooo good

:rock:

music helps my mood lift - which is why im posting this.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Multitalented me)
    Not gonna lie, starting to get a bit depressed over my lack of self-confidence :sad: It's killing me inside, gah
    :jumphug:

Spoiler:
    Show

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Go for it :hugs: Yeah I'm ok, thanks for/sorry about last night

ReputationRep:
    Just figured out that I've missed 5 lectures (including one today) which means I have about 10 hours of work to catch up on, it's so daunting. I mean I know it could be worse, but I still feel so guilty for missing them - I hate missing things it makes me feel like a failure. Didn't go to my second one today (the one at 1pm), because I had a really ****ty flash back, and then I dissociated to the point where I "lost time" again. Not really sure how to deal with this when I don't even know what the trigger was. :dontknow: Gah, so annoying. Should probably try and catch up on work now.

:hugs: to all who want/need them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    :jumphug:
    Thanks a bunch :hat2: It's a shame how hindering it can be socially though but I'm trying my best to work on it!

ReputationRep:
    I used to be on it PRN. It worked quite well for agitation and helped calm me down. Apparently it's becoming more common to be prescribed PRN.

ReputationRep:
    Really really freaking out about the dietition on thursday

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Pathway)
    Just figured out that I've missed 5 lectures (including one today) which means I have about 10 hours of work to catch up on, it's so daunting. I mean I know it could be worse, but I still feel so guilty for missing them - I hate missing things it makes me feel like a failure. Didn't go to my second one today (the one at 1pm), because I had a really ****ty flash back, and then I dissociated to the point where I "lost time" again. Not really sure how to deal with this when I don't even know what the trigger was. :dontknow: Gah, so annoying. Should probably try and catch up on work now.

:hugs: to all who want/need them!
    :jumphug: Here if you want me? Sounds ridiculous but try not to worry about uni too much if you can, your health is more important :hugs:

(Original post by Multitalented me)
    Thanks a bunch :hat2: It's a shame how hindering it can be socially though but I'm trying my best to work on it!
    Yeah, social stuff is hard Good that you're trying to work on it though, you'll get there! :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 19, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.