IB Survivor Society Watch

This discussion is closed.
-Aimee-
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i think it is somewhat beneficial to others if you direct them to a site that would offer more help, no?:rolleyes:
dan
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ~Lc~)
oh I'm sorry.. I didn't know in order to post here I was supposed to worship the place... forgive me...

:adore::adore:
You mean like what you want others to do with your new site? :teeth:

plus dude.. stop with the assumptions it won't lead you anywhere that's for sure... take things the way there are, i.e except them or reject them... overanalysing situations isn't really a good thing ;no; not even for an IBer
No but I can make damned sure I let others know exactly what you intend to do once you've got your new site up and running.

in conclusion
:tsr: or is it?^o)
Obviously not... for you.
dan
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by aimee_22)
i think it is somewhat beneficial to others if you direct them to a site that would offer more help, no?:rolleyes:
Or you could just post it here and cut out the middle man.

:tsr2:
~Lc~
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by danglenister)
You mean like what you want others to do with your new site? :teeth:
:assumption::eek: dang! there's no smiley for tha;dry;
it's not my site it's purely Graeme's:girl:

No but I can make damned sure I let others know exactly what you intend to do once you've got your new site up and running.
forget computing:rofl: you should go for criminology.. tell me if you ever consider a career chage:p: you know give me a head start for my run:rofl:
Obviously not... for you.
aww;console; don't worry you won't miss me all that much... I'm a post whore remember (or at least so I have been told by someone:rolleyes: )
-Aimee-
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
omg i didnt know setting up a site with better resources is like 3rd degree murder man!
dan
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ~Lc~)
:assumption::eek: dang! there's no smiley for tha;dry;
Oh not an assumption; your talk about work being under your name sorta summed it up.

it's not my site it's purely Graeme's:girl:
Pedant ftw!

forget computing:rofl: you should go for criminology.. tell me if you ever consider a career chage:p: you know give me a head start for my run:rofl:
Mmm, I would reply to that but it'd make me just as *****y.

aww;console; don't worry you won't miss me all that much... I'm a post whore remember (or at least so I have been told by someone:rolleyes: )
I'm sure the IB sub-forum wont, if you succeed in moving them away from it and to IBSurvival.
dan
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
omg i didnt know setting up a site with better resources is like 3rd degree murder man!
You mean resources that used to be posted on TSR but were then.... :eek2:

Join IBSurvival today! You wont be getting the notes here :p:
-Aimee-
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
actually, i have reasons to believe (read, proof) that Deus has set up a forum much more organised and more suited for IBers. that, i believe, is better. look at this sub, 7 stickies already, where do you suggest we put the new stuff?
dan
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
actually, i have reasons to believe (read, proof) that Deus has set up a forum much more organised and more suited for IBers. that, i believe, is better. look at this sub, 7 stickies already, where do you suggest we put the new stuff?
Quite simple. In a thread and then link to it in a sticky :eek:

Almost like a...contents page.
-Aimee-
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
and....about 2 weeks later, that post gets buried. where do people see that link now?
~Lc~
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Oh not an assumption; your talk about work being under your name sorta summed it up.
so you're saying, because I want my work to be recognised that it is in fact mine... I worship ibsuirvival:rofl: cuz if you aren't please tell me what you really mean:rofl:

(Original post by dangle)

Mmm, I would reply to that but it'd make me just as *****y.
using big words now are we? in Jordan we say "2i7ki 7aki 3ala 2adak" which basically means "say things you know are in your standards" interpret that as how ever you want to... if *****y is what you think of me, *****y is what you will get
I'm sure the IB sub-forum wont, if you succeed in moving them away from it and to IBSurvival.
no they will.. because we're not moving anyone
dan
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ~Lc~)
so you're saying, because I want my work to be recognised that is is in fact mine... I worship ibsuirvival:rofl: cuz if you aren't please tell me what you really mean:rofl:
I mean that you want others to move away and worship your work under your name.

using big words now are we? in Jordan we say "2i7ki 7aki 3ala 2adak" which basically means "say things you know are in your standards" interpret that as how ever you want to... if *****y is what you think of me, *****y is what you will get
I'd say your comment was pretty *****y.

no they will.. because we're not moving anyone
Not by force but you'll influence them away...
dan
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
and....about 2 weeks later, that post gets buried. where do people see that link now?
Is it hard for you to see it.

STICKY: Contents page - with links to all the notes

THREADS: All the notes etc.

Doesn't matter if the notes get buried because the links will still be in the sticky.
-Aimee-
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
sighs,
and you'll have an IB sub full of stickies. its great fun

btw, you seem to think we have SUCH power that we can command others where to post/whose resource to use. really, thanks for that compliment.
~Lc~
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I mean that you want others to move away and worship your work under your name.
worship my work? what am I writing a bible?
I'd say your comment was pretty *****y.
reminds me of a few you've made in the past but I apologise nevertheless.. you're right I crossed the line...

Not by force but you'll influence them away...
you don't sem to get the fact that I will be offering the same help I do there here! and if you care about the forum so much, how about you post a few notes yourself or are you waiting for someone like Graeme to make them, so that you can make fun of him later (recalling the economics notes thread) if you're so pro us helping people here how about you cut down the sarcastic remarls
dan
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ~Lc~)
you don't sem to get the fact that I will be offering the same help I do there here! and if you care about the forum so much, how about you post a few notes yourself or are you waiting for someone like Graeme to make them, so that you can make fun of him later (recalling the economics notes thread) if you're so pro us helping people here how about you cut down the sarcastic remarls
Sarcastic remarks start when you start putting stuff on other sites. But if you want to continue with the website and move people away from tsr, do it. I can assure you, you will most probably succeed in ruining this sub-forum.
dan
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
sighs,
and you'll have an IB sub full of stickies. its great fun
What?! You just adapt HMS's sticky to accomodate it. That's one sticky.

btw, you seem to think we have SUCH power that we can command others where to post/whose resource to use. really, thanks for that compliment.
They wont have any choice if the notes aren't here.
~Lc~
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Sarcastic remarks start when you start putting stuff on other sites. But if you want to continue with the website and move people away from tsr, do it. I can assure you, you will most probably succeed in ruining this sub-forum.
I know for a fact that is not true need I dig up things? I really don't want to have another "can a machine know" discussion with you truth be told, you were the one who left this subforum when things got boring don't be so sure I will...
again I have read the FAQ and very well know advertising other websites on here is NOT ALLOWED! as I have reported some posts which have had that purpose. and as I have known the user accounts done by the new ucas members have been banned no dan, I am not stupid enough to get myself banned from TSR, and no I'm not going to risk getting warning points either. Initially I came to this site to meet people I will be attending Uni with next year not to get help for my IBs as I think I have had that much from my teachers and very supportive school. So stop worrying about the sub forum being dead... users come and go, some stay and support the sight.. other lurk and get support. It's how things work plus I've subbed for a year... that should show my support to TSR...
dan
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ~Lc~)
truth be told, you were the one who left this subforum when things got boring don't be so sure I will...
I hardly 'left' it. I browse it all the time.. I only post if there is something that needs to be said. I feel opposing another website is worth posting about. You just get all judgemental when I do
-Aimee-
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
so..say we make some notes, put it in a thread. link to it in a sticky. then we have to lock that sticky otherwise people will still post in it and the link would soon be buried. then if we want to add more notes, we have to start another sticky? :eek:
i think im right in saying that a lot of the notes on this site was made by Deus. as far as I know he is not taking them away and he fully reserves the right to post them in 100000 other sites if he wishes to do so.
i trust Deus, dangle. and i trust that his site will provide more accessible help than the IB sub here, which is admittedly messy. it is nothing malicious and we dont have the intention of taking TSR's users. we are simply offering help to those who need it. what they do with the information is up to them.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (301)
37.44%
No - but I will (61)
7.59%
No - I don't want to (60)
7.46%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (382)
47.51%

Watched Threads