Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    **** doing that :lol: I always left my room as it was
    Urgh no, I couldn't bear the embarrassment.
    Seriously sometimes spend half an hour tidying, even though they'll look in your room for about 30 seconds.

Score predictions for today?
    Gonna go 3-1 Arsenal.
    Both teams will score but I feel like Villa just won't have enough.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Urgh no, I couldn't bear the embarrassment.
    Seriously sometimes spend half an hour tidying, even though they'll look in your room for about 30 seconds.

Score predictions for today?
    Gonna go 3-1 Arsenal.
    Both teams will score but I feel like Villa just won't have enough.
    will be 2-1 or 3-1

ReputationRep:
    Feeling a lot more confident than yesterday, provided we start on the front foot we'll be OK, out squad is just too good, villas only hope is to steal a 1-0 or 2-1, and if it goes to extra time we'll win comfortably.

If ospina starts though.... Benteke will just make him his ***** from crosses for 90 minutes. Szs in goal and Walcott up top and we'll be fine... Inb4 Arteta replaces Coq just for banter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    will be 2-1 or 3-1
    Scenes when Villa go ham and just destroy Arsenal

Wouldn't be as funny as it would've been last year, but this thread would still have a monumental meltdown
    Please God...

ReputationRep:
    People finally realising Ospina is a pile of **** then?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Ospina is poverty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Not joking, I'd back myself to deal with an in-swinging corner first time better than Ospina.

And he's not even that good a shot stopper, falls like a bag of spuds at times.

Worst keeper Arsenal have had in my lifetime imo. Worse than Rami Shabaan and Mart Poom.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Not joking, I'd back myself to deal with an in-swinging corner first time better than Ospina.

And he's not even that good a shot stopper, falls like a bag of spuds at times.

Worst keeper Arsenal have had in my lifetime imo. Worse than Rami Shabaan and Mart Poom.
    The way that he pushes the ball back into dangerous areas is so annoying...like vs Spurs for the Kane goal :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yelllowribbon)
    The way that he pushes the ball back into dangerous areas is so annoying...like vs Spurs for the Kane goal :/
    Some of the worst goal-keeping Ive seen at Arsenal yeah.

What amazes me are these clueless guys who says things like ''he's so calm though'' so they're prepared to accept a GK who wont make a comedy howler even though he cant deal with crosses, cant get down for longshots in time, cant clear the ball at the first attempt, doesnt look good in a peno situation etc etc.

It's madness and just shows football fans will see what they want to see at times.

Szczesny is a nutter but the guy has talent at least.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    No even after his first 3 games where he got clean sheets byt faced nothing difficult and still made errors from crosses I was saying he wasn't good at all...
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Bold claim that. Arsenal have had some right dross in goal down the years

You've never properly replaced Seaman imo

ReputationRep:
    Some of the worst goal-keeping Ive seen at Arsenal yeah.

What amazes me are these clueless guys who says things like ''he's so calm though'' so they're prepared to accept a GK who wont make a comedy howler even though he cant deal with crosses, cant get down for longshots in time, cant clear the ball at the first attempt, doesnt look good in a peno situation etc etc.

It's madness and just shows football fans will see what they want to see at times.

Szczesny is a nutter but the guy has talent at least.
    Let be honest, here the people that want Ospina to remain are the kids who love doing his chant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Bold claim that. Arsenal have had some right dross in goal down the years

You've never properly replaced Seaman imo
    Lehman was a great keeper..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Seaman was much better tbh.

Lehmann's main talent was self assurance and organisation. His actual shot stopping reactions were average imo.

ReputationRep:
    Seaman was much better tbh.

Lehmann's main talent was self assurance and organisation. His actual shot stopping reactions were average imo.

But he was still an absolute solid keeper.. You wouldn't have thought he needed to be replaced by some one better, but then compare him to the likes of almunia, schezny, ospina and fabianski and none of them remotely come close to him.

Although I won't take it away from Schezny, because he had a brilliant season last year
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by AR_95)
    He was decent but nothing special, he had a GOAT defence ahead of him. The Almunia/Lehmann feud was embarassing as well.

ReputationRep:
    Shabaan, Poom were backup though so it's not a fair comparison. In terms of starting keepers, can he rival Almunia for worst keeper this century?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    He was decent but nothing special, he had a GOAT defence ahead of him. The Almunia/Lehmann feud was embarassing as well.
    But like I said he was suited to be our first choice so although not as good as Seaman, we were absolutely fine.

Failing to replace Lehman is where we're at I'd say, just like how we've failed to replace RVP essentially.

ReputationRep:
    I dont understand what's so good about ospina and wenger picks him. I don't know how he let in the 3rd goal monoco scored, should have saved it. Costed us the quarter finals possibly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    Sweets, I don't see reason working here. Reckon it's time to whip out dem cards
    That's been sorted dear

Phwoar! The BBC are really excited for this one, so many FA cup special programmes before kick off.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 8, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.